• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ionic

Yeah, nothing but deathly silence in the ~3.5 years since the photo was uploaded. If Sega had tasked just one person with finishing the port it'd be done by now!

SteamOS and Steam Machines have to have some exciting launch titles.

Deques

Played about 2 hours of Final Fantasy VIII. Every bit as good as I remember it. I followed this guide to enhance the music (which makes it close to PS1 quality for most tunes).

Got several games of Triple Triad in, several rare cards obtained. Unlocked the first three GFs.

Really glad this came to Steam.

How is the loading times? Is it same as the original, or is it faster loading times?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Don't forget Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns. Killer 7 would be nice too.

Vanquish PC would be great.

I really want Bayonetta and Wheelman. Is King Kong worth it to play or just for that +1 to the library?

No idea. I just want it because, like Tintin (which I actually have on Uplay but would double-dip for in a heartbeat -- haven't played it, though), it's sitting in the registry already. ;)

tumblr_lqvcwwwYlk1qgabr4o1_500.gif

WB hates me so it's never going to bring the game back. :(

SteamOS and Steam Machines have to have some exciting launch titles.

Bad Rats will get a Linux port, surely! :p

Grief.exe

Thanks to HP_Wuvcraft for the copy of Orcs Must Die 2. He remembered a couple weeks ago when I said I had loved the original and hadn't tired the second yet.

Well I will attempt to clear part of my backlog before winter sale.

Tell me which of my games are the fastest ones to beat to clear those first.
List

Already cleared or finished on another console:
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Brutal Legend
  • Castlevania
  • Cave Story +
  • Clive Barker Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Divekick
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero
  • The Lord of The Rings: War in The North
  • Mortal Kombat Kollection
  • Skullgirls
  • The Typing of The Dead: Overkill

The only Clive Barker game people need to play is Undying. Very underrated shooter.

Final Fantasy VIII is pretty high up on Steam and GMG. I hope this sends a message to SE to release XV on PC.

I would honestly take that Android/iOS port of FFVI they are working on if they fix up the main character sprite.

I have zero faith in modern Square, or their direction of Eidos for that matter, to produce a good game.

Thanks to HP_Wuvcraft for the copy of Orcs Must Die 2. He remembered a couple weeks ago when I said I had loved the original and hadn't tired the second yet.

The only Clive Barker game people need to play is Undying. Very underrated shooter.

If only it was on steam :(

Omega

Banned
Final Fantasy VIII is pretty high up on Steam and GMG. I hope this sends a message to SE to release XV on PC.

XV is never coming out

I'd rather them make FFIX for PC. I never appreciated it when I was younger because VIII was my first RPG, and as a kid the first is always the best.

Grief.exe

XV is never coming out

I wouldn't say never. Square needs the revenue and the Japanese branch of the company is really starting to warm up to the PC.

For example, Konami just setup an internal studio for PC development and ports. There is still plenty of time before FFXV comes out to accomplish something similar.

If only it was on steam :(

I want to play Undying but its not on steam. I enjoyed Jericho despite the terrible A.I and horrible QTE.

I picked it up cheap on GOG.

what are you on about?

He was giving away humble games. HP directly contacted me because he remembered I mentioned I loved the original Orcs Must Die and gifted me the sequel.

SteamGAF is the best.

AsylumX

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is better than mario kart....but it is kind of better than mario kart (I haven't played the wii ones so don't get too excited if they are amazing).

I held off playing it for a long time, but I love it.

Well... the game is fun, the best mk clone so far but it doesn't come close. There is something missing, i don't know what but i know it's not there.

Well... the game is fun, the best mk clone so far but it doesn't come close. There is something missing, i don't know what but i know it's not there.

It is missing the sense of "style" with the weapons and the cast is obviously no match for Nintendo's. But apart from that I enjoy the racing more and the amount of content is amazing.

It even almost beats muppet racing. Now there was a great game from the glory days of kart racing (yes I'm serious)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sega racing feels... floaty. The cars feel like they don't have weight. The transformation gimmick is seemless but at the cost of making the tracks feel lacking and the physics being unsure if it wants to be an arcade racer. The only real appeal for it is if you're sick with Mario characters really, and even then it's a substandard replacement.

I still think the best kart racer is CTR.

Anyway....

FFVIII is not available in all regions.

Gaben pls

Yeah, with both consoles being x86+ATI GPU, that's not necessarily the case.
That said, it would be extremely stupid for games to go HD Twins II exclusive and ignore PC this time around. Like. . . At this point I couldn't really buy any excuse that happens to come out of PR's butt. I'm talking to you, Japan.

Knurek

That said, it would be extremely stupid for games to go HD Twins II exclusive and ignore PC this time around. Like. . . At this point I couldn't really buy any excuse that happens to come out of PR's butt.

This is a Japanese game company we're talking about, they aren't know for making informed decisions when it comes to PC.

This is a Japanese game company we're talking about, they aren't know for making informed decisions when it comes to PC.
You're right, but it still bugged me every time it happened this last generation. I just hope that these consoles seemingly being closer to PCs than they've been since the original Xbox
would prompt some more PC versions of games that maybe wouldn't have had them otherwise.

cicero

WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends December 29th

Jack Keane - Regular Price: $9.99 DEAL PRICE: $9.49 -5%!!!!

A humorous and engaging story, containing many allusions and references to famous movies, characters and computer games

Who are they kidding? I think they knew they had us at the ESRB Rating when it included "Comic Mischief" AND "Partial Nudity".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, with both consoles being x86+ATI GPU, that's not necessarily the case.

The only mention of a special function I can find is that the studio is leading the charge on MGS5's multiplayer component.

JaseC, I think this calls for saoirse_highfive.gif

Any excuse will do!

saoirse-ronan-hi5-o.gif

(She needs to doll out high-fives more often. :p)

Looks like getting your NEO Scavenger key involves making an account at the dev's page, linking it to your desura account and then going to yet another page to get the key.
Why do devs do this? I mean, really, nobody wants to make yet another account for just one thing.

The one Be Mine bundle I didn't buy. What rotten bloody luck.

WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends December 29th

Jack Keane - Regular Price: $9.99 DEAL PRICE: $9.49 -5%!!!!

Haha, I'd guess that somebody missed the "0" key.

Knurek

You're right, but it still bugged me every time it happened this last generation. I just hope that these consoles seemingly being closer to PCs than they've been since the original Xbox
would prompt some more PC versions of games that maybe wouldn't have had them otherwise.

Well, it took only a single generation to almost completely destroy Japanese gaming business - if Squeenix, Konami, Capcom, etc, don't pick up the slack they won't be here in time for XBox Two/PS5.

Given recent statements by Capcom and Squenix, I guess they will concentrate more on Android/iOS than on PC. *le sigh*

Well, it took only a single generation to almost completely destroy Japanese gaming business - if Squeenix, Konami, Capcom, etc, don't pick up the slack they won't be here in time for XBox Two/PS5.

Given recent statements by Capcom and Squenix, I guess they will concentrate more on Android/iOS than on PC. *le sigh*
I want to say that strategy must be making them a nice stack of cash to make them stick to it like they have. But honestly I think it's making them less per project, just the investment on each one is much smaller. . . . Which I guess amounts to the same thing in the end.

I wish they'd stop though.

dcfedor

Neo Member
Looks like getting your NEO Scavenger key involves making an account at the dev's page, linking it to your desura account and then going to yet another page to get the key.
Why do devs do this? I mean, really, nobody wants to make yet another account for just one thing.

I apologize for the hoop-jumping, Turfster. The Desura Connect feature was something I had in place back when NEO Scavenger was only on my site (bluebottlegames.com) and Desura. It was a way for Desura customers to access the browser version, if they wanted, as well as test builds I uploaded from time-to-time.

And in the interest of reciprocity, I gave Desura keys to my site's customers via that beta page.

Later, when Steam came into the picture, I decided to piggyback on the already existing key request system I built. I realize now that it isn't ideal for Desura customers who just want Steam access, and I apologize. I'll have to design a better, more future-proof system the next time I release a game.

If you're a Desura customer, and you'd prefer to skip the Blue Bottle Games registration, feel free to PM me via Desura, and I can see about getting you a key that way. It's a manual process, but I haven't had many such requests yet, so I can manage to keep up.

Hopefully, this helps answer your question, and provides you a satisfactory way to get the key you were promised!

Best,
Dan

I apologize for the hoop-jumping, Turfster. The Desura Connect feature was something I had in place back when NEO Scavenger was only on my site (bluebottlegames.com) and Desura. It was a way for Desura customers to access the browser version, if they wanted, as well as test builds I uploaded from time-to-time.

And in the interest of reciprocity, I gave Desura keys to my site's customers via that beta page.

Later, when Steam came into the picture, I decided to piggyback on the already existing key request system I built. I realize now that it isn't ideal for Desura customers who just want Steam access, and I apologize. I'll have to design a better, more future-proof system the next time I release a game.

If you're a Desura customer, and you'd prefer to skip the Blue Bottle Games registration, feel free to PM me via Desura, and I can see about getting you a key that way. It's a manual process, but I haven't had many such requests yet, so I can manage to keep up.

Hopefully, this helps answer your question, and provides you a satisfactory way to get the key you were promised!

Best,
Dan

I just want to congratulate you with your Steam release, I hope RPS etc. pick up on it because your game deserves to be successful.

Turfster

Explanation
Okay, that makes sense, and I apologise if I came off harshly there.
The comment wasn't specifically directed to you, but more of a general observation inspired by a few other games that have done the same (without an explanation and more hoops), combined with my unhealthy paranoia about pretty much every account on the internet.
(I don't have an actual key yet, having missed the bundle, but I will buy the game since it's relevant to my interests)

Again, my apologies. It's incredibly late and I've had a bad day. I'm sorry if you felt personally attacked by my statement, it really wasn't my intention.
Your game looks amazing and I congratulate you on getting it on Steam, I can only hope to one day accomplish the same.

Caerith

That said, it would be extremely stupid for games to go HD Twins II exclusive and ignore PC this time around. Like. . . At this point I couldn't really buy any excuse that happens to come out of PR's butt. I'm talking to you, Japan.
Wait, people are referring to the current consoles as HD? It's like words don't mean anything anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom