• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Well I will attempt to clear part of my backlog before winter sale.

Tell me which of my games are the fastest ones to beat to clear those first.
List

Already cleared or finished on another console:
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Brutal Legend
  • Castlevania
  • Cave Story +
  • Clive Barker Jericho
  • Dark Souls
  • Divekick
  • Evoland
  • Half Minute Hero
  • The Lord of The Rings: War in The North
  • Mortal Kombat Kollection
  • Skullgirls
  • The Typing of The Dead: Overkill
I'm not sure why you would bring it down to this level, playing just to quickly clear them off of your backlog. Why not just play them for enjoyment, quitting them if they are horrible, or savoring them like a fine wine if they are worthy of it? Why put some weird restriction on the coming sale? As if games that aren't cleared make any future purchases somehow wasteful? Just enjoy life and get into the meta-game of deal finding to expand a personal library of games that you can enjoy at your leisure.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played about 15 minutes of Marvel Puzzle Quest and... meh. I'm pretty much done.

This is the kind of F2P game that just pisses me off. I'd gladly buy something like this if it were $9.99 and wasn't laden with microtransactions and allowed you to unlock everything in-game.

But considering even the $100 DLC doesn't unlock everything in the game, it's hard to see this as anything more than a cash-grab.

Ah, now I see them. Just needed to restart.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

naturalselection2 -- MB-632D4763AF6DD506 - Taken by Lostconfused
garrysmod -- MB-188018BCB5C73CE9 - Taken by Anteater
sanctum2 -- MB-4F60D83582843210 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
seriousam3 -- MB-24C8685FE77BAD58 - Taken by Cloudius12

Typing is hard.

AsylumX

Finished downloading Sonic Kart (yeah i know what i did just now), if anyone is interested in playing a little bit feel free to add me.

If all goes well and it turns out to be fun i'll get it during the weekend...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'm not sure why you would bring it down to this level, playing just to quickly clear them off of your backlog. Why not just play them for enjoyment, quitting them if they are horrible, or savoring them like a fine wine if they are worthy of it? Why put some weird restriction on the coming sale? As if games that aren't cleared make any future purchases somehow wasteful? Just enjoy life and get into the meta-game of deal finding to expand a personal library of games that you can enjoy at your leisure.

I will enjoy them but I will clear those who are faster a bit quicker. The ones that suck might go to collect cyber dust obviously I know which ones are getting that already.
KuGsj.gif

If all goes well and it turns out to be fun i'll get it during the weekend...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is better than mario kart....but it is kind of better than mario kart (I haven't played the wii ones so don't get too excited if they are amazing).

I held off playing it for a long time, but I love it.

wazoo

Wasn't it released on the 3DS? So it's completely 2D? Odd choice of initial platform.

Yes, it is a 2D game.

Add the fact that the requirement of 3DS game being playable with 3D off (and the recent 2DS release) make the 3D completely irrelevant from a gameplay perspective.

I take HD graphics over 3D anytime, even if portability remains a plus. I bet sales of the steam version are already higher than the eshop version too.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Tell me which of my games are the fastest ones to beat to clear those first.
List
Other people have mentioned HLTB, but because I'm actually familiar with a few of the games on your list:

Since you're already knee-deep in Mutant Mudds, you might want to stick with that one until it's done. It's not too long, but whether it takes you 4 hours or 8 hours is going to depend upon how skilled you are and if you're going for 100% completion.

Botanicula is ~4 hours and impossible to fail. Scribblenauts is on the longer side but again, so easy you're guaranteed to make progress whenever you sit down with it. (not always the case with games that require manual dexterity)

Oh yeah, McPixel's a quick one too.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it is better than mario kart....but it is kind of better than mario kart (I haven't played the wii ones so don't get too excited if they are amazing).

I held off playing it for a long time, but I love it.
I've been using the free weekend a bit to play this. Even having to use the keyboard to play it, I'm loving it. I don't like it quite as much as Mario Kart 7, but I basically like it more than any other karting game I've played. I hope this goes on sale during the winter sale, because I really wanna just keep playing it.

I've been using the free weekend a bit to play this. Even having to use the keyboard to play it, I'm loving it. I don't like it quite as much as Mario Kart 7, but I basically like it more than any other karting game I've played. I hope this goes on sale during the winter sale, because I really wanna just keep playing it.

It's on sale for $5 right now, is it not?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Other people have mentioned HLTB, but because I'm actually familiar with a few of the games on your list:

Since you're already knee-deep in Mutant Mudds, you might want to stick with that one until it's done. It's not too long, but whether it takes you 4 hours or 8 hours is going to depend upon how skilled you are and if you're going for 100% completion.

Botanicula is ~4 hours and impossible to fail. Scribblenauts is on the longer side but again, so easy you're guaranteed to make progress whenever you sit down with it. (not always the case with games that require manual dexterity)

Oh yeah, McPixel's a quick one too.

Thanks! :3

Yep, it is. I'm kinda hoping the Sonic Hits Collection will go on sale during the next sale, I'd rather pick all of those up at once.

And honestly I'm spent as far as spending this pay period.

I was going to offer to pick it up for you if you'd buy me a $5 game from the Winter Seal in return.

But if ya wanna wait for it to be in a collection, that's cool too.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
We need more typing-shooting games.

Steamworld Dig is so clean and runs well. 60 FPS gameplay makes it so smooth, I wonder what the framerate was like on 3DS.

It's pretty much the same. Glad the porting made the assets still clean.

I was going to offer to pick it up for you if you'd buy me a $5 game from the Winter Seal in return.

But if ya wanna wait for it to be in a collection, that's cool too.
I appreciate the offer, but yeah I'm gonna wait. I can be patient for a couple weeks.

Heck, before I tried it earlier today I didn't even think I could run it, so I was gonna wait until I built a rig to buy it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The server modbot is hosted on will be down for maintenance over the next hour or two (midnight eastern to 2AM eastern or so). I'll be asleep when it comes back up, but if you experience any delays that's why

An internal one. The port likely needs some spit shine here and there but the fact Kamiya's playing it with 3D Vision glasses means it's a bona fide PC version.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. If PC ends up with Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta that would be awesome! I'm assuming this pic showed up completely unexplained and we've never really heard anything about it since?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan. If PC ends up with Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta that would be awesome! I'm assuming this pic showed up completely unexplained and we've never really heard anything about it since?

Yeah, nothing but deathly silence in the ~3.5 years since the photo was uploaded. If Sega had tasked just one person with finishing the port it'd be done by now!

iwanttobelive.jpg
Imagine if Bayonetta, Wheelman, Tintin and King Kong all hit Steam on the same day!
I really want Bayonetta and Wheelman. Is King Kong worth it to play or just for that +1 to the library?
King Kong is the only one I'd like to play.
You monster.

Don't forget Vanquish and Anarchy Reigns. Killer 7 would be nice too.
Stop making me want things that probably won't happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom