• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So SE locked out the entire Asia, for fear of what? Making money?

It's not actually region-locked at all, at least as far as Steam is concerned. The one-time activation for Squeenix's own account system may be a different matter, though.

Edit: Oh, wait, yes it is. I was looking at VII. :p You could use Spotflux to get around that, though.

It's not actually region-locked at all, at least as far as Steam is concerned. The one-time activation for Squeenix's own account system may be a different matter, though.

Edit: Oh, wait, yes it is. I was looking at VII. :p You could use Spotflux to get around that, though.
I hate region locking and DRM.

Or it was never on Steam! Yes, that's it. I'm not sure why I thought it had been.

It's up to version 4.2.4 now or something, guess I need to update.

Wow. So does this ever happen with games that have been paid for, IE become unavailable?
Goldeneye Source has always been a free mod as far as I'm aware. But I'm not sure on games getting removed if you have them. OG Arkham Asylum I think?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Why

Why is FFVIII not in Asian steam

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Is it possible to gift a copy? That would work... right?

Knurek

Oh, I know that Toma was talking about this game, but if you're still not burned out on roguelikes, One Way Heroics is an amazing game.

Available for $2 on Playism, will net you Steam key when it's greenlighted (50% after two days on GL, so a good chance it will be in the next batch).

Tellaerin

I got a feeling it might be overheating because my old GPU used to do that when trying to run Crysis.

Could be artifacts .Is your GPU overheating ?

overheating

Good call, gentlemen. It appears my card's fan is dying. It wasn't running at all earlier. It seems to work alright once I flick it a few times to start it spinning, but I'd say it's definitely nearing the end of its life. Hopefully it'll hold together until I can replace the card. Whee!

JaseC

I can get a King Arthur's Gold four-pack for $12 ($3 per head). Anybody interested (in splitting one, that is)?

Edit: Sorted.

JaseC

Im interested. But I have never done this PayPal thing.

Do you mean you've never sent money using PayPal or that you've never used it at all? If it's the latter then you're out of luck as PayPal places a temporary $1 hold on your nominated funding source when you create an account, IIRC, to verify its legitimacy.

Arthea

The only way I'm going to buy "Lightning Returns and kicks us hard" after 13 and 13-2, is on PC and even then would wait for huge discount. It would be funny if it turns to be a good game after all and I'll have to buy it. Not gonna happen, right?

edited: I had problem with gala limited bundle. Battle Group desura key is apparently expired. Anybody had the same problem?

Lain

The only way I'm going to buy "Lightning Returns and kicks us hard" after 13 and 13-2, is on PC and even then would wait for huge discount. It would be funny if it turns to be a good game after all and I'll have to buy it. Not gonna happen, right?

edited: I had problem with gala limited bundle. Battle Group desura key is apparently expired. Anybody had the same problem?

Following the Import thread, it turns out the gameplay is good as one would expect, while graphics have suffered a lot, ranging from OK to bad, and the side quests are kinda boring. The story seems to be on the level of the previous games, maybe even more out there judging from the reactions, which while good for me, is a negative for many other people.
So the game is a mixed bag. I suggest reading Kagari's review. It's pretty informative, even if the final vote isn't positive.

I've had that same problem with the Battlegroup desura key, but after trying it again after a little while, it worked.

Arthea

Following the Import thread, it turns out the gameplay is good as one would expect, while graphics have suffered a lot, ranging from OK to bad, and the side quests are kinda boring. The story seems to be on the level of the previous games, maybe even more out there judging from the reactions, which while good for me, is a negative for many other people.
So the game is a mixed bag. I suggest reading Kagari's review. It's pretty informative, even if the final vote isn't positive.

I've had that same problem with the Battlegroup desura key, but after trying it again after a little while, it worked.

Thanks, I'll read it. If gameplay is really good, I'll have to buy it, as I don't particularly care how bad story is, 13-2 was more or less fun game to play even if story was bad and contradicting to 13, only I didn't like how they made combat worse than in 13.

Thanks again, I'll try it later then.

JaseC

A wild Gravi key appears:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gravi -- MB-9014223FF00921C1 - Taken by bobnowhere

JaseC

IndieGameStand's new deal is FootLOL, which is among the most recent Greenlight batch. $1 will get you a Steam key in the future.

Thanks JaseC!

Some more!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A Valley Without Wind 1 & 2 (single key) -- MB-E7B768A8FC7D6BA0 - Taken by NeoNess
Hacker Duality ( PlusDLC) -- MB-128FB3B54AB1C3BF - Taken by Ingueferroque

Something went a little screwy with the Hacker one. I tried to include all 5 keys and I think it only selected the final DLC one. Just PM me and I'll sent along all 5 keys to the winner.

Arthea

All Total War games I bought during last sale don't work on win 8. I did some research, it seems to be common knowledge, don't know why I never stumbled upon it.
It still unclear to me games don't run or launcher app, because so far launcher seems to be causing problems I can't even get to games. It doesn't load or crash or loads then crash.
OTOH I have huge backlog. So, I can live with that.

Faabulous

All Total War games I bought during last sale don't work on win 8. I did some research, it seems to be common knowledge, don't know why I never stumbled upon it.
It still unclear to me games don't run or launcher app, because so far launcher seems to be causing problems I can't even get to games. It doesn't load or crash or loads then crash.
OTOH I have huge backlog. So, I can live with that.

What? I just played some Napoleon last Weekend, and I'm on windows 8. You sure there isn't another issue preventing you from playing?

Arthea

What? I just played some Napoleon last Weekend, and I'm on windows 8. You sure there isn't another issue preventing you from playing?

I haven't tried Napoleon, I don't have it. But Rome and Medieval do crash, I went to TW forums and it is known problem. It seems not be viable solution to this problem or I couldn't find one.

Faabulous

I haven't tried Napoleon, I don't have it. But Rome and Medieval do crash, I went to TW forums and it is known problem. It seems not be viable solution to this problem or I couldn't find one.

I see. That sucks. They should put a warning on the storefront that it doesn't work then, it sucks that you ended up wasting money.

Arthea

I see. That sucks. They should put a warning on the storefront that it doesn't work then, it sucks that you ended up wasting money.

That's what really weird about win 8, I can perfectly run some games which are known not to run on win 8, and others that run for some don't run on mine or runs but aren't really playable. Well, it's more or less true for all win systems. Having different hardware configurations on almost every PC will do that for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom