• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamed of Gaben last night, briefly. In the dream, I was reading the wiki for that film Daybreak, the mediocre one with the vampires, and the skinny fella from Gattaca. The wiki noted a deleted scene of approx. 25 seconds, detailing a scene with Gaben. Supposedly he had a daughter, and she was born the same day a star appeared in the sky, the same day Gaben himself first introduced himself to the masses, the same day vampires starting existing on the Earth. The scene ended with Gaben standing at a campfire surrounded by children, looking down at a can of soda in his hand, acknowledging that this was all not coincidence.
Amazing.
EqLWEdj.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
How is the loading times? Is it same as the original, or is it faster loading times?

Loading times were excellent and seemed way faster than the PS1. I never played the original PC release so I can't compare it to that. The only thing I experienced was a strange 10-15 second initial loading time where the screen was black before the Square Enix logo.

Started F.E.A.R. 2.
I think I made a mistake.

Practically every aspect of it feels inferior to the first game.

They ruined the shotgun. It's an unforgivable sin.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Might as well get some use out of it.
Them seeing the title there and having to pull it down might get them to act on all the PC ports of midway games they have sitting collecting dust.

The warning is scary. I don't want my account restricted this close to the Winter Sale. :p

Not sure how can I resist that, seems impossible.
better than MI?
As much as I love Monkey Island, I do find TBoUT to be a much more pleasant adventure. It's pretty easy and friendly to newcomers, but if you're just looking for a fun matinee kind of adventure it's a fun ride. Either way, if you do enjoy adventure games you certainly can't go wrong with this one.

Started F.E.A.R. 2.
I think I made a mistake.

Practically every aspect of it feels inferior to the first game.

They ruined the shotgun. It's an unforgivable sin.

It's not a bad game, and the flow of F.E.A.R. is still there, kinda. It's just different.

But yes, the shotguns are irredeemable when placed next to the godly predecessor.

Arthea

As much as I love Monkey Island, I do find TBoUT to be a much more pleasant adventure. It's pretty easy and friendly to newcomers, but if you're just looking for a fun matinee kind of adventure it's a fun ride. Either way, if you do enjoy adventure games you certainly can't go wrong with this one.

Thanks, you convinced me, if I won't buy it now, will buy later.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Another licensed game? *scribbles furiously*

I didn't think this was ever on Steam. Is it one of those coming-soon re-releases? Either way it was a terrible game.

Nabs

I don't know man, I'm pretty sure Jeff Gerstmann damn near gave it a 9/10. It's almost as believable as his Syndicate 5/5.

jshackles

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
That might be true, and as much as I want to talk about bros 4 life, I think this calls for a serious discussion. I mean, it's painfully obvious Valve needs to do something about it. Like redesigning the store and come up with the billion dollar solution that can support 100+ game release a month.
The store needing a redesign and a $15 small-dev game with not-quite-professional-looking pixel art that lacks most Steamworks features and is on the buggy side not getting much publicity are kinda two separate problems.

Contrast with SteamWorld Dig, which had 10+ hype posts about it in the thread yesterday.

JaseC

The store needing a redesign and a $15 small-dev game with not-quite-professional-looking pixel art that lacks most Steamworks features and is on the buggy side not getting much publicity are kinda two separate problems.

Contrast with SteamWorld Dig, which had 10+ hype posts about it in the thread yesterday.

Those darn Jacksons!

Knurek

Hmm, I think I have seen those same discounts or better on other sites in the last few months. Still looking for a good deal on the Bioshock season pass. I think its $16 at Green Man Gaming with their 20% voucher.

This is like that Wargames movie - the only winning move is not to play at all.
Or in case of 2k/Zenimax games, wait for the GOTY version.

JaseC

Good news!
Shinyloot is doing a Leading Ladies Weekend, which includes the Cognition Season Pass for 50% off @ 15$

Gray Matter for $4 is tempting, but I'll fire off an e-mail asking for clarification as to whether or not a Steam key will be provided in the future as it's been greenlit... which was almost four months ago now and despite the "... so the game is completely finished and ready for release on Steam" message on the Greenlight page is still MIA.

Turfster

Gray Matter for $4 is tempting, but I'll fire off an e-mail asking for clarification as to whether or not a Steam key will be provided in the future as it's been greenlit... which was almost four months ago now and despite the "... so the game is completely finished and ready for release on Steam" message on the Greenlight page is still MIA.

Oh, hadn't thought of that. Keep me posted?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anybody else having the browser version of Steam being reported by Google chrome as a "Fishing Site" and marked as malicious? I am certain I am on Steam, have triple-checked and loaded, but...

Not the homepage, I mean the store pages.

Knurek

Oh right, lest I forget - muve.pl is having a sale ATM (Polish IP required).

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Steam) can be had for ~$4 if anyone's interested. They take Paypal.

Backlogger

Anybody else having the browser version of Steam being reported by Google chrome as a "Fishing Site" an marked as malicious? I am certain I am on Steam, have triple-checked and loaded, but...

Not the homepage, I mean the story pages.

Maybe someone at Google is trolling Gaben

Edit: I am not seeing those warnings.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh right, lest I forget - muve.pl is having a sale ATM (Polish IP required).

Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Steam) can be had for ~$4 if anyone's interested. They take Paypal.

last time I paid for anything on Muve, I had to send then an email asking for a refund because they never sent me the game.

That was a funny experience, sending an email in English to a polish site.

rtcn63

I wish I had done that with Borderlands 2 since I haven't put that much time into the base game

Not that big of a loss, since with B2, only the base game is actually good (Tiny Tina DLC excluded), plus you're better off waiting for GOTY2 because 2K is riding that DLC money train all the way to Narnia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom