• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS4-

Should be valid for Tomb Raider.
As per their blog, they're also doing a 50% off Bethesda sale (for the VGX?) and a few different deals during the weekend, one of which is TotD:O at 66% off on sunday.

Whoops, I should've hit next; thought something was wrong when I'd hit the add voucher button and nothing worked.

Backlogger

For whatever reason, I can't apply any discounts on GMG; the current code as mentioned in the Tomb Raider deal and even previous ones when FF8 was out.

Or maybe they just weren't valid for those particular games lol.

Is it telling you its invalid? Or is it just not applying? I have had GMG bug out on me sometimes when entering vouchers, especially when using Chrome. I have found if I just go to the next page the voucher normally shows as applied even when the screen you enter it on didn't acknowledge it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Serious question Jase, do you really only play Ass. Creed?

It's true that I rarely play games but I don't play AssCreed exclusively. This year, I've finished:

- AssCreed 3's DLC (not exactly the most convincing start, but allow me to continue :p)
- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

I'm also slooowly working my way through Age 2 HD.

The_Monk

If someone asked me what is the most terrifying game based on a Horror experience it has to be Dark Souls to me.

This is the most scary game I ever played. The amazing soundtrack does not help on this matter too. You can really see the difference between playing on the console and then playing on the PC with the DSfix (I only have one problem remaining but it's not a big one).

Now... to lift that curse status :/

It's true that I rarely play games but I don't play AssCreed exclusively. This year, I've finished:

- AssCreed 3's DLC (not exactly the most convincing start, but allow me to continue :p)
- BioShock Infinite
- FEAR
- Rayman Origins
- Tomb Raider 2013

I'm also slooowly working my way through Age 2 HD.

I see, I was thinking you only played AC franchise. So the removed licensed stuff is only for collection and rarity.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-B9E08E3C4A2DDF60 - Taken by BadWolf. 1 entrants total.
Scribblenauts Unlimited -- MB-3B6AF36F4573E8AD - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 13 entrants total.
The Basement Collection -- MB-951C1A374F7D6567 - Taken by MKUltra. 6 entrants total.
Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-7AB0C8D13FEC60D5 - Taken by Arthea. 10 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
C & C: Red Alert Uprising (origin) -- MB-C57BEB12B133B802 - Taken by Lesiroth
Bastion -- MB-7DBCB3204BB25338 - Taken by Sajjaja. 2 entrants total.
Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-07798C3289D6CEA2 - Taken by Nymphae. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (origin) -- MB-2B2F6F7C349A8CDC - Taken by Aquillion
Arkham City GOTY -- MB-A201AFB54210513B - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 4 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-00C63A6ED4CE6BF3 - Taken by nexen. 3 entrants total.
Arkham Origins DLC -- MB-54330B771992F269 - Taken by Timedog. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-A8573684F9272366 - Taken by Grampa Simpson. 10 entrants total.
FTL -- MB-EF0357A4728AB10B - Taken by Berlok. 2 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-A51EF50FC877B809 - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 2 entrants total.

t1386361153z1.png

Here folks, just leftovers, but it's from a bunch of bundles so hopefully some wanted stuff in there. Was looking for a WHOEVERGETSFTLANDMARKOFTHENINJABETTERPLAYTHEMSOMETIMEINTHENEXTMONTH option for modbot, but sadly didn't see it yet.

The Humble Bundle 3 steam key was the one that was put out with bundle 4, so I believe that it contains: And Yet It Moves, Atom Zombie Smasher, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, Steel Storm, VVVVVV.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I see, I was thinking you only played AC franchise. So the removed licensed stuff is only for collection and rarity.

Yeah, I couldn't care less about actually spending time with them. They're also going to make me rich in the future!

scalpinguep6f.jpg

Hard Evidence can't be long for this world as NY was pulled a couple of few months ago despite being the more recent of the two. I might pick up another couple of copies during the Winter Sale. (I could have made a small fortune from Ashes Cricket 2013 already if I'd known about the state of the game when I bought it. :()

Jawmuncher

Thanks for the game!
Any game that comes my way will always have a good home

______________________________________________________________-

I'm inching ever so close to the end of Agarest.
Now I remember why I usually don't touch Jrpgs if they aren't portable.
They can really be a time sink.

Here folks, just leftovers, but it's from a bunch of bundles so hopefully some wanted stuff in there. Was looking for a WHOEVERGETSFTLANDMARKOFTHENINJABETTERPLAYTHEMSOMETIMEINTHENEXTMONTH option for modbot, but sadly didn't see it yet.

The Humble Bundle 3 steam key was the one that was put out with bundle 4, so I believe that it contains: And Yet It Moves, Atom Zombie Smasher, Cogs, Crayon Physics Deluxe, Hammerfight, Steel Storm, VVVVVV.

Great giveaway! I have all the games though, which made me realize I have a problem.

Are the keys they sell region locked? or just their shopping cart? I have never really understood how that works, I just know it doesn't let me buy from the US

Edit: and also, they want your address now?

Some keys are region locked, it depend of the publisher I don't remember if 2K is one of these. I know people from US and Europe here om this thread were able to purchase before, I don't know why they're asking for you address.

Jawmuncher

If anyone cares Pinnacle Game Profiler is 50% off and is 9.99 currently.
I went ahead and bought it. Nice little application for those of us who are too lazy to set up game profiles themselves when using keyboard 2 controller apps.

BadWolf

Thanks for the giveaway, hoping for Mark of the Ninja :)

How does that work exactly? Can you play coop from beginning? I'm only 1-2hrs in and need a kick in the butt to finally continue.

Not sure, I am pretty far in single player max rank (50) with all powers unlocked I am unsure how it would work with a low level and a high level. I think it restarts campaign?

Grief.exe

I can't speak for anyone else, but I loved Hard Reset. It's fast, beautiful, and features a really slick combat system. You can shape it to fit your style.

You are speaking for me there. Sounds like a good assessment.

So crazy thought:
SEGA will announce various classic games for Steam by VGX.

PC is an afterthought at VGX, I sure hope Sega announces more HD ports though.

I bought the Dishonored Complete Pack on GAME for the DLC (already own the base game). I go to redeem my code, and Steam tells me I already own the products associated with it.

Jawmuncher

I'm still not quite sure how I ever got my PS3 controller to work the first time I got it.
Tried to do it again and got so fed up I just plugged in my 360 controller.

Backlogger

Just got Borderlands 2 GOTY for $10.69. Now I just need people to play it with xD

Did they make you provide your physical address to purchase?

Edit: If I am on I'm always down to play. I have been playing single player mode, but really want to try out multi player

BadWolf

for what its worth, with this method, i would recommend NOT installing the bluetooth drivers and just using a cable. in my case, the bluetooth didnt work and it required me to re-install my original bluetooth drivers.

I was planning to use it wired anyway (don't have a bluetooth dongle) so its all good, thanks for the warning though.

XShagrath

Just got Borderlands 2 GOTY for $10.69. Now I just need people to play it with xD
Can you just put in any random Brazilian address and phone number (like you can for Amazon)? Or is Nuuvem gonna call and verify or something?

I did not see this pop-up when I bought Sonic Racing last week.

Nabs

$4.99

Yogscast, the UK’s most watched YouTube channel, run an annual charity drive for the month of December. This year, they are teaming up with SEGA and taking the drive to the next level in a race against the fastest Hedgehog in the world. The Yogscast’s very own Simon Lane, aka Honeydew, is now available as a brand new DLC character in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™ with 100% of all SEGA and Yogscast proceeds being donated to the SpecialEffect charity.

Adry9

Can you just put in any random Brazilian address and phone number (like you can for Amazon)? Or is Nuuvem gonna call and verify or something?

I did not see this pop-up when I bought Sonic Racing last week.

Yeah, just put some random adress that you find on google maps, they don't verify anything. I actually live in Spain so XD

$4.99

Yogscast, the UK’s most watched YouTube channel, run an annual charity drive for the month of December. This year, they are teaming up with SEGA and taking the drive to the next level in a race against the fastest Hedgehog in the world. The Yogscast’s very own Simon Lane, aka Honeydew, is now available as a brand new DLC character in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed™ with 100% of all SEGA and Yogscast proceeds being donated to the SpecialEffect charity.

Well at least its going to Charity :)

Omega

Banned
How does that work exactly? Can you play coop from beginning? I'm only 1-2hrs in and need a kick in the butt to finally continue.

Not sure, I am pretty far in single player max rank (50) with all powers unlocked I am unsure how it would work with a low level and a high level. I think it restarts campaign?

if it's like SR3, you can both either create new character and start from the beginning or you can just join the other persons game. Even if you're level 50, you could join his game and just help him continue from where he left off.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Borderlands GOTY for 75% off? Hrrrm... that's both a game I want and a discount I can get behind...

Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom