• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
"Mystery Game #1" makes it sound MUCH better than it actually is.
Oh my god, I forgot using the text "Mystery Game" causes that image to show up as the thumbnail. Hahaha, still amazing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welp, now I got to change my avatar.

I probably should have held off for a little while longer as she'll be at the BFI Awards in a couple of days, which means photos, which means potential avatar material... but for the sake of you and Knurek, if I do happen to make a new one or two, I'll put them on the backburner, even though in doing so I'll be breaking my own rule. ;)

Backlogger

I'm staring through you!

sg017lt.gif

Knurek

I probably should have held off for a little while longer as she'll be at the BFI Awards in a couple of days, which means photos, which means potential avatar material... but for the sake of you and Knurek, if I do happen to make a new one or two, I'll put them on the backburner, even though in doing so I'll be breaking my own rule. ;)

No worries, mate. I've found a Japanese version of Saoirse.

I got SteamWorld Dig and I am having a blast with it. I suggest you start there as it is short and sweet, and definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.
Co-signed. Hopefully these impressions will help anyone in here who's still doubting whether the game is worth it.

Sonic & All-Stars Transformed is so much fun. I've sworn off buying non-bundle games for a while but I may have to break that already.
Good man.

Is this worth it for someone who was pretty meh about Uncharted 1 and 2, but really enjoyed the first few Tomb Raider games?

Yes. I'm a fairly big fan of the Uncharted series, and I really liked TR's synthesis of the former's approach with it's own traditional stuff. Mind you, it's probably closer to Uncharted than to the original TR games, so ymmv.

JaseC

JaseC

O_O

They're going to announce the chosen ones for the beta during the VGX
I dont think so

Valve's cutting it close as the intention was (and presumably still is) to get prototype units in the hands of users by the end of the year.

Valve's cutting it close as the intention was (and presumably still is) to get prototype units in the hands of users by the end of the year.*

*end of the year in Valve time.

Besides the obvious jokes I think we're near of hearing an official statement, we had some companies talking and showcasing their prototypes form the Steam Machines. I think Valve is doing it to keep the hype and the momentum going in their favor, this way they're always in the tech/games sites.

edit: I was in the same pose as your new avatar.

If valve wants the beta steam machines in people's hands this year they would have to ship soon, no? There's got to be an announcement somewhat soon.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
What? Steam is actually streaming video now? What has the world come to?

Now the VGX page loaded, and my guess is they are going to stream it through Steam to show the new streaming capabilities Valve is working.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Those Arstotzkan fools didn't even figure out that I was working with EZIC the whole time. IDIOTS. Glory to the revolution!

Arthea

Thanks FightingFish for HB key
I should have checked, it was a single key and I had most of games, so I feel bad about it. I'll check my keys later, to make up for it.

What? Steam is actually streaming video now? What has the world come to?

what's next? steam tv? motion controls?
I just had to (><)

I'm a little surprised by the VGX thing with Steam because they always treat PC gaming like an irrelevant platform that has no games.

Arthea

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Faerie Solitaire -- MB-EC19DEB0DD2E2B06 - Taken by fantomena. 1 entrants total.
Rush Bros. -- MB-87AC3CE85436D55D - Taken by tylergregg. 4 entrants total.
A Valley Without wind 1 and 2 -- MB-4E8B0F6BFB260FA0 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.

t1386363899z1.png

As promised, making up for my mistake.

Iseeyou

Banned
I don't understand.
Every nominee which is also sold on Steam is on sale.

Valve gets 30% of each sale.

Why is Valve even selling other studio's crap.

Bring back the puke green Steam client while we're at it.

Why do they even sell other people's games? I only own Valve games, gotta be pure.

I was referring too all to all the non-pc Studios and games that's on the promo page, you know like Naughty dog which are Sony owned and GTA V which has a 0.01 of coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom