• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Obligatory CK2 is amazing post. Although it's been on sale so often I don't know who could possibly still not have it.

I have it, and I never had any pretension of buying it, as it doesn't look like a game I would be interested in in any way or form, so your conclusion is correct.

Anteater

max payne 3 kind of take shooting gallery to a different level, I wish I get to actually walk around sometimes instead of watching cutscenes, I wish the npc would stop telling me to hurry up when I'm running to the opposite side of the room to pick up that one piece of collectible.

Backlogger

Obligatory CK2 is amazing post. Although it's been on sale so often I don't know who could possibly still not have it.

I don't have it. Probably not a game I would go out of my way to get either. I have the first one. Got 2 copies through bundles and gave one to my brother but have never installed it.

Jag

I have it and have every intention of playing it except I can't figure out how to do anything. So I usually shut it back down on the first turn.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Some people were really nice and gifted me Final Fantasy VIII and SteamWorld Dig. I don't have much to offer this month as not much excess money this month, but two misc games I have to give-away:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Postmortem One Must Die -- MB-5C8B9E2D431890BA - Taken by louiedog. 6 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-7D1A86A5FCCF3C9F - Taken by Cheddahz. 9 entrants total.

t1386355124z1.png

It's a pretty fantastic game, I just wish I was a little more competent in understanding what in the hell I'm actually doing.

Guess i'll pick up some of the DLC

FloatOn

am I a bad person for having no interest in Cartography Kings 2? probably.

game seems like more trouble than what it's worth.

Backlogger

dani_dc

I really dislike how games like CK2 don't have a "buy all DLC you don't own" auto-generated discounted packages.

I find myself just not buying the ridiculously expensive amount of DLC.

Derrick01

Banned
I have it and have every intention of playing it except I can't figure out how to do anything. So I usually shut it back down on the first turn.

I'm usually not a fan of these youtube people but there are some decent walkthroughs you can watch that really teach you the basics of how to play a small country or even just a vassal in a small country. Then you pretty much learn as you go until you're capable of managing a massive empire (if that's the route you want to go) that spans half of europe.

Copons

Wut I just noticed that the daily is Omerta, which wasn't available for me in Italy during this Summer Sale (IIRC it was one of the last dailies).

Well, finally Italy too can have its share of mafia!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Gamefly Winter Sale with Extra 20% off code GFDDEC20

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/promotion/549

Full list by date:
http://slickdeals.net/f/6531770-gam...0-thunder-wolves-4-many-more-now-live?src=pdw

May have to finally get Max Payne 3 at that price, although it doesn't look like it includes the DLC

Edit:

Also just got an email from GMG with a 30% off code for DLC (GMG30-MW6WA-ZAJIH) and it looks like it includes Bioshock Infinite bring the price down to $14... may have to jump on that

I wish Kalypso would put Legends of Pegasus back up on Steam already. I'd buy it from GameFly (assuming it were discounted, of course), but only the standard edition is in stock.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Blue Ninja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dishonored -- MB-F85244D0E60E8F76

t1386366913z1.png

Right, key for the base game, I already had it when I bought the complete pack. The code should work fine. Since I've won quite a few games on ModBot, this one's for the good people who've actually given something away themselves. Good luck!

Grief.exe

Some people were really nice and gifted me Final Fantasy VIII and SteamWorld Dig. I don't have much to offer this month as not much excess money this month, but two misc games I have to give-away:

Damn, you had a good day.

I got SteamWorld Dig and I am having a blast with it. I suggest you start there as it is short and sweet, and definitely doesn't overstay its welcome.

Great giveaways, System Shock 2 is one of my favorite games of all time.

Parsnip

If anyone cares Pinnacle Game Profiler is 50% off and is 9.99 currently.
I went ahead and bought it. Nice little application for those of us who are too lazy to set up game profiles themselves when using keyboard 2 controller apps.

Me too. I mainly use it to take screens and record video with the 360 controller guide button.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Orphans don't add to my game count.

captain20america20undcssbj.gif

Very close game on Sonic Racing!

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/454033057125100748/501E168209E4DBCDCFE3E8040A84692E783DEFB0/

Also, when I use IMG tags, does NeoGAF automatically resize huge images or will it blow up the screen?

These days images are automatically resized to match the post div size on a user's device, but it's still recommended to put particularly large ones within the quote tag.

Kanokare

captain20america20undcssbj.gif

These days images are automatically resized to match the post div size on a user's device, but it's still recommended to put particularly large ones within the quote tag.

Thanks, that works!

Want to see even closer race?

Lol nice. I haven't had the entire group be that close.

I wish my friends would download the free weekend play and try out the game already :( I've tried to get them to buy it and they still haven't!

Rand6

I hope it will work, it's from a HIB and I never claimed it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bastion -- MB-5552A1F4EAA2C8F9 - Taken by snack

dream

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

MbmDY6z.png

Mystery Game #1 -- MB-BCE9AD92CF03CC03 - Taken by Faabulous

"Mystery Game #1" makes it sound MUCH better than it actually is. It's actually Civilization IV. Vanilla Civ 4. It doesn't even include Beyond the Sword!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guardians of Middle earth Smaugs treasure DLC -- MB-FA5EF83771F19307 - Taken by Firehead. 1 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle earth -- MB-2538FA02E277D452 - Taken by Nymphae. 4 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection -- MB-EBA61BECD66D9DC8 - Taken by AScotAbroad. 6 entrants total.

t1386358859z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Serious Sam 3 -- MB-4F6853D170C190F8 - Taken by MakeshiftChef

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Serious Sam 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

inm8num2

MoH. One Origin, one Steam.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-3937269BF1D7B29D - Taken by Regginator
Medal of Honor -- MB-2D5E2AAC7B92F929 - Taken by nightstorm

Sonic & All-Stars Transformed is so much fun. I've sworn off buying non-bundle games for a while but I may have to break that already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom