• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
ooo didn't know MCoG got a game. Loved that anime as a kid.

Also didn't know AoE3 got cards. Neat!

denx

I've mentioned it before, but Steam should just release a low cost streaming decoder with onboard itx x86 cpu/gpu to run the OS client.

Join me.

R1AJ2NO.png
JNb6spp.png
MMvB9V1.png
oZSbORn.png

mmm, tempted.

What, 30 is old now?

f04ULIF.gif

She's aging like fine wine.

Was about to say the same thing. How is 30 old?

btw, if you want to start a Mélanie Laurent club, DO IT. I'd appreciate it.

Ok, gaming related, I'm pretty excited about the Sega Saturn controller and USB adapter I bought. Should be arriving on Friday. Can't wait to try it on MK Arcade Kollection and Skullgirls.

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
What's. Going. On. In. This. Thread.
Steam 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Please Change Your Avatar to a Pretty White Woman

Sure. And it probably was one of my favorite games I played last year. Actually, just thinking about Mutant Mudds makes me very nostalgic in a weird way. And not because of the pixels or whatever, just because it's something damn special. Something to treasure.
I'll second this recommendation, though maybe not quite as enthusiastically. It's a solid platformer and I'll eventually double-dip for ACHIEVEMENTS! the Ghost levels I haven't gotten to play.

The game isn't really "hard-as-nails", for anyone who read that and tuned out. (...RealityExists?) I fumbled my way to a 100%, and if I can I'm sure most others could without undue effort.

my god Red Shirts is addictive. who would have thought.
tell us more, if you will. Nobody seems to have bought this. My impression is that it is kinda like Long Live the Queen only
less: brutal, adorable, linear
more: intentional humor
Totally off-base?

Played the Risk Of Rain demo, found in the previous thread. Pretty fun, but after watching TotalBiscuit struggling with it on YT, I had about 25-30 minutes on my first playthrough and I wonder whether he was so bad, I have found good items or if the demo is somehow easier. Probably died mostly (or probably it's just a good enough excuse) because I have a really weak laptop and in the later parts of the game so much was happening on screen that I had framerate dips...

IMO the demo is easier than the complete game, also the framerate drops happens with more potent computers as well, though it doesn't happens a lot with my laptop.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
L.A. Noire is a game best played like a weekly episodic crime show. Once a week, spread out, not rushed, and always letting the A.I. partner drive the car so you can listen to the dialogue.

At least that's how I got through it, wishing it was a more traditional adventure game instead.

Gbraga

L.A. Noire is a game best played like a weekly episodic crime show. Once a week, spread out, not rushed, and always letting the A.I. partner drive the car so you can listen to the dialogue.

At least that's how I got through it, wishing it was a more traditional adventure game instead.

You know what? That's a great idea.

I'll get it when it's cheap to give it another shot this way.

Vibranium

Banned
I finally beat Arkham Asylum again! The Ivy fight was a real pain in the ass for me for some reason, but I got through it. I didn't get all the Riddler trophies though, I don't think I can be bothered to get them.

Time to play The Swapper and Brothers when I feel like it hehe.

That really is a good idea.

This is exactly how I played it. Took me about half a year to finish, not rushing, doing a case or two at a time so that the repetitive nature of it didn't grate too badly. I would never have completed it otherwise, but I'm very glad I stuck with it.

I played Final Fantasy X like this and I almost didn't hate it.

It also seems that's how I'm playing Batman: Arkham Asylum but that game would probably be good however you want to consume it.

Accoun

IMO the demo is easier than the complete game, also the framerate drops happens with more potent computers as well, though it doesn't happens a lot with my laptop.

Interesting. Surely, it made me want the full game and the fact that it's harder than the demo made me want it even more.

And when talking about framerate, did you mean the demo or both versions?

I binged on the first desk, and then revisited the game after a few weeks and did exactly this. Wish I'd played it this way from the start - great advice!

Re: Red Shirts
tell us more, if you will. Nobody seems to have bought this. My impression is that it is kinda like Long Live the Queen only
less: brutal, adorable, linear
more: intentional humor
Totally off-base?

The only similarity to LLTQ is the stat progression. There are maybe 30-40(?) attributes you can raise, but for the most part they are just barriers of entry for better jobs ('career path'). If anyone didn't know, the gameplay in Red Shirts is a social media platform set in a space base. Gameplay is broken up into days with a limited number of actions. The interface is a Facebook clone. You like friends updates, post your own, go to events. I don't really get how it is tongue-in-cheek or a parody, the humor is mostly 'the future will be so wacky.' I really hope it opens up and there is more to the game than just making friends with people and performing arbitrary events. But maybe its a commentary on social media rather than an engaging game. In regards to linearity, it is very wide in that you can friend anyone or spend your time your own way, but it doesnt really build to anything, at least in the first few hours. I would recommend not playing.

Jawmuncher

I know it would never happen but it would be sort of cool of GOG did offer steam keys on select purchases and the like on top of their own service. Since for the most part i'll always take steam over it aside from a few exceptions which were usually caused by not knowing the game was even on steam

This is where I parked my Steam thread. What in all hell is going on?

hm. To continue in Arkham Origins side content, or wait until the Bird mission is patched...

I finally beat Arkham Asylum again! The Ivy fight was a real pain in the ass for me for some reason, but I got through it. I didn't get all the Riddler trophies though, I don't think I can be bothered to get them.

I had trouble with Ivy as well, such a pain to beat her.

denx

The Ivy fight on hard was terrible. Her vines seemed to come out of the ground at random, it was almost impossible to evade them.

Is that a widespread glitch?

I've seen it pop up a few times via Google-ing. No resolutions so far, guess something needs to be patched.

Problem : You are given a radar blip for a 'gang fight' over some chemicals you need to break up. Go to location and there isn't a damn thing there. Gang Fight isn't spawning.

Vibranium

Banned
The Ivy fight on hard was terrible. Her vines seemed to come out of the ground at random, it was almost impossible to evade them.

I know (I played on Hard too), I had to constantly roll, throw and try to hit her guards near the edge, it was multitasking to the extreme hehe. Whenever a vine grabbed me when I was beating a goon I almost wanted to shout in frustration.

I had trouble with Ivy as well, such a pain to beat her.

Well, it feels good to know a some people were in the same camp as me!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I'll second this recommendation, though maybe not quite as enthusiastically. It's a solid platformer and I'll eventually double-dip for ACHIEVEMENTS! the Ghost levels I haven't gotten to play.

The game isn't really "hard-as-nails", for anyone who read that and tuned out. (...RealityExists?) I fumbled my way to a 100%, and if I can I'm sure most others could without undue effort.
The game is good, but I found it quite hard. I'm not able to beat all of the regular levels, much less the special ones (CGA-land and such), so I'd still say it has a high difficulty level.

Nabs

I've seen it pop up a few times via Google-ing. No resolutions so far, guess something needs to be patched.

Problem : You are given a radar blip for a 'gang fight' over some chemicals you need to break up. Go to location and there isn't a damn thing there. Gang Fight isn't spawning.

I guess the game gave me a break after getting stuck at the tower and the final fight. Hopefully they fix it for you.

Caerith

I found the elevator fight and the final fight to be the hardest (since
Joker wouldn't turn around unless at least one of his thugs was still fighting you, and if one of his thugs was still fighting you, you couldn't pull him down
). In the Ivy fight, her vines come out centered around wherever you're standing. I'd fight all the way in the left or right, then roll to center when the first vines came up, then again to the opposite side when the second vines came up.

One trick in Arkham Asylum, if it's not too late, is to hold off on upgrading armor as long as possible and save an upgrade point for a boss battle. Upgrading your armor increases your maximum health and heals you to full, so, you know, maybe now's a time to use it? Ivy at least heals you to full halfway through the fight.

Vibranium

Banned
I found the elevator fight and the final fight to be the hardest (since
Joker wouldn't turn around unless at least one of his thugs was still fighting you, and if one of his thugs was still fighting you, you couldn't pull him down
).

Yeah, that pissed me off so much too. I was almost sweating while trying to finish off his last few guys and then Batclaw him. Luckily they went down fast and I grabbed him on all 3 attempts.

One trick in Arkham Asylum, if it's not too late, is to hold off on upgrading armor as long as possible and save an upgrade point for a boss battle. Upgrading your armor increases your maximum health and heals you to full, so, you know, maybe now's a time to use it? Ivy at least heals you to full halfway through the fight.

Oh man, I wish I'd thought of that, I could have saved so much time!

kulapik

Disappointing, you need to get one ASAP my friend! :D

If you ask me, I'd love AA on PC digitally as well, but Capcom will never do that, even though it would reach Western customers even more.

Being honest, having a 5" phone I don't really need a handheld. Yeah, smartphone games are shitty, but the objective of handheld gaming is filling dead time, and they already give it.

I will probably buy a 2DS when it gets (even) cheaper, although paying full price for DD gonna hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom