• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunaniem

Do Valve even have a history at the VGAs? When was the last time they actually showed something on stage/screen? L4D2 E3? Portal 2 E3? Like R*, they don't seem to care about these shows an awful lot.

They showed a Portal 2 trailer at VGA's before I believe, other than that, nothing.

Do Valve even have a history at the VGAs? When was the last time they actually showed something on stage/screen? L4D2 E3? Portal 2 E3? Like R*, they don't seem to care about these shows an awful lot.

Last time was Portal 2. To be fair, they've only released Dota 2 and CS:GO since then, which don't cater to the Spike crowd as much as something like Portal or L4D.

Turfster

I really enjoyed Creeper World 3, too bad it's not part of the Bundle

I'm thinking it'll be added as a bonus, same with Mosby's confederacy for Tilted Mill (Children of the Nile & Hinterland devs).
I also wasn't implying the games aren't good or worth money, but come on, it's JaseC. It's not like he'll ever play them, and they don't add to his Steam count! ;)

Well, since everything else about the game has gone downhill, it only makes sense his face did too.

Groupees Shinyloot BAB starts on monday.
2 game minimum, starting at 1.50$
  • Children of the Nile complete (Steam)
  • Creeper World
  • Creeper World 2
  • Guy vs the wicked and nefarious land (Greenlight)
  • Lunnye Devitsy & Wake (Steam)
  • The Few (Greenlight)
  • Little Trus Man (Greenlight)
  • Kingdom Elemental
  • Hinterland (Steam)

I'm actually keen for children of the nile...so I'll get that bundle.

To be honest, I haven't been following Thi4f much. All I know is that jumping and special-function arrows are now context-based, the XP system initially present in the game has been ditched, and players will have a lot of control over which HUD elements are used.

Just...what!?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
EA is never coming back to Steam. DEAL WITH IT guys because it will never happen, this is EA we are talking about. There is more chance of having a Nintendo game than something from EA.

Turfster

EA is never coming back to Steam. DEAL WITH IT guys because it will never happen, this is EA we are talking about. There is more chance of having a Nintendo game than something from EA.

It's obviously Gameloft porting their entire library to PC, guys.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Only the beta client should update that frequently. The main one updates once every 2-4 weeks.

Oh you are right! I forgot I was on the beta client, I just feel like the beta client is my normal client and yes the regular client shouldn't update that often.

Bluth54

Oh you are right! I forgot I was on the beta client, I just feel like the beta client is my normal client and yes the regular client shouldn't update that often.

Well there is a glitch that can sometimes happen showing it's updating but it's not actually updating. I get it sometimes, I saw a Valve employee post in some community post months ago saying they are working on it, so they will probably get it fixed in a year or two.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure noone else really cares but it looks like the shooter Rekoil has been delayed until next February at the earliest. With the open beta feedback and the fact the game obviously needs more spit and polish it's for the best. I guess 505 Games learned their lesson with Takedown Red Sabre, you only get one chance for a good release.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Final Fantasy VIII is just as great as I remember it

Word.

Interestingly enough, the first time I played it I was suffering from brain damage, and haven't played it since. It's really cool going back and playing it now, almost 15 years later, and remembering all the things that made it great.

I'm sure noone else really cares but it looks like the shooter Rekoil has been delayed until next February at the earliest. With the open beta feedback and the fact the game obviously needs more spit and polish it's for the best. I guess 505 Games learned their lesson with Takedown Red Sabre, you only get one chance for a good release.

I noticed that yesterday. Any word on when the open beta ends? I have a retail key that I'm not able to redeem until the beta is over.

Tenrius

Word.

Interestingly enough, the first time I played it I was suffering from brain damage, and haven't played it since. It's really cool going back and playing it now, almost 15 years later, and remembering all the things that made it great.

I noticed that yesterday. Any word on when the open beta ends? I have a retail key that I'm not able to redeem until the beta is over.

What happened?

Turfster

That cricket game was 505 games published too.
They haven't been doing too well lately.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened?

When I was younger I got in a car accident that almost killed me. I was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and had no short term memory forming capabilities for about 6 months.

At the time, my brother worked at Blockbuster (remember those?) and "rented" a PS1 and a bunch of new games for me to play while I was messed up and couldn't leave the house.

Looking back, I'm not sure how I ever understood how to play Final Fantasy VIII in that condition, the game can be a little overcomplicated at times.

That's Kevin Dent's game, so personally I couldn't care less.

Brothers, Payday 2

They're doing OK.

Nzyme32

When I was younger I got in a car accident that almost killed me. I was in the hospital for about 2 weeks and had no short term memory forming capabilities for about 6 months.

At the time, my brother worked at Blockbuster (remember those?) and "rented" a PS1 and a bunch of new games for me to play while I was messed up and couldn't leave the house.

Looking back, I'm not sure how I ever understood how to play Final Fantasy VIII in that condition, the game can be a little overcomplicated at times.

Welcome back to good health, hope you get to relive it properly this time around!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Word.

Nothing yet, if they're smart about it they'll keep it as an open beta until release and treat it as an 'early access' iterating it until it's polished and ready to roll.

Yeah plus they were involved with Takedown Red Sabre too. I'd like to think they're getting fed up with releasing bad quality products.

That's Kevin Dent's game, so personally I couldn't care less.

Brothers, Payday 2

They're doing OK.

Well he may be a part of the team but I won't hold that against the rest of them. Game shows promise, here's hoping it's not another shittastic launch.

Tenrius

Woah. Well, I'm glad it turned out okay in the end (hopefully). I did experience something similar myself, actually — a car accident as well, when I was eleven. The case was seemingly less severe than yours as I simply lost all memories of the event itself (several hours worth) and was pretty much fine by the time I got out of the hospital a couple of weeks later, save for a very brief and very spontaneous case of aphasia, which lasted for about an hour and was really scary. I also got a mouth wound at the time, the rough stitching of which resulted in me having a slight smile on my face at all times (it's not very noticeable and I actually somewhat like it). "That which does not kill us makes us stronger", I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom