• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Have TLoU won anything? GTA V was a good game, but TLoU was overall a better experience.

I still don't understand how Assassin's Creed IV can win against GTA V on Third Person Adventure... Game and GTA V can win best game of the year.

So Assassin's Creed IV is a better Third Person Adventure Game than the Best Game of the Year, which also competed on Third Person Adventure Game?

This is like if Pixar won Best Movie of the Year, but lost the Best Cartoon Movie of the Year on the Oscars.

Turfster

Okay, I'm hype for No Man's Sky.
Not what I was expecting from the Joe Danger devs.
Good job on not getting typecast and giving me something that looks like it'll approach the game I've always wanted since I played Elite.

I'm still hoping on some news for this all these new additions to the registry.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

I still don't understand how Assassin's Creed IV can win against GTA V on Third Person Adventure... Game and GTA V can win best game of the year.

So Assassin's Creed IV is a better Third Person Adventure Game than the Best Game of the Year, which also competed on Third Person Adventure Game?

This is like if Pixar won Best Movie of the Year, but lost the Best Cartoon Movie of the Year on the Oscars.

I've been asking myself these questions ever since I saw the nominees. It only gets worse when you look at nominees for best xbox or ps4 game, most of which are multiplatform.

dani_dc

Well, if you want rationalize it, you could argue GTA V isn't as good of a AC IV as a Third Person Adventure but it's a better overall game due to other elements it has that don't fall under "Third Person Adventure".

Reality is they set up this awards to maximize the number of games that win this awards.

In a perfect universe, this would be happening.
Sadly, they're probably high-fiving each other at how down-to-earth and for-the-gamer their show is.

Does the half-retarded "gamer culture" these shows always target even exist? Even the douchebag Family Guy-loving Call of Duty types I've known would cringe at this stuff.
Maybe the show makers are trolling, everyone watches the show to hate it.

brentech

Does the half-retarded "gamer culture" these shows always target even exist? Even the douchebag Family Guy-loving Call of Duty types I've known would cringe at this stuff.
If you watch a twitch stream, I'd say yes. (the chat is atrocious)
Have I ever actually met one, no.

Tenrius

I'm just going to stop watching the show now. It was so cringeworthy I'd probably be better off playing Bad Rats for those 2 hours.

Grief.exe

No Man's Sky not releasing on PC would make absolutely no sense.

Its coming, Antitrop has got us.

1xX2ZXY.png

Grief.exe

Did they actually say that? I didn't catch anything to that effect either.

I had the thing muted so I'm not the authority on these things...I really wished I had it remuted for this portion...

8otbuqS.png

EDIT: I don't know which is worse....The above, or Bioshock Infinite winning best shooter

oipic

... and No Man's Sky wins the award for the most ambitious project put together by a four-person team. Looks wonderful, literally, and in concept, on what was shown to us.

Was worth sitting through the countless crosses to that mob outside babbling incoherently just to see this.

... and No Man's Sky wins the award for the most ambitious project put together by a four-person team. Looks wonderful, literally, and in concept, on what was shown to us.

Was worth sitting through the countless crosses to that mob outside babbling incoherently just to see this.

No Man's Sky is the only game I've seen so far that actually looked more ambitious than anything on the last generation of consoles. I was very impressed.

Copons

I didn't have the chance to watch VGX, but on Twitter I'm reading several complaints about Joel McHale and the other one. What happened?

#likeigiveafuckaboutgames

Turfster

I didn't have the chance to watch VGX, but on Twitter I'm reading several complaints about Joel McHale and the other one. What happened?

#likeigiveafuckaboutgames

In the first 5 minutes, they insulted gamers, women and nintendo. It was all downhill from there.

Kanokare

In the first 5 minutes, they insulted gamers, women and nintendo. It was all downhill from there.

The rappers were terrible. One even had a line that said something about tossing someone into an oven like Hitler. This VGX was terrible and I'm just gonna check a summary and trailers online next time. Preferably, I don't want a VGX ever again.

Grief.exe

Joel McHale is actually the second most trending story on Twitter right now. If you click on the Twitter link, its the whos who of gaming decimating the guy.

PF8F2gN.png

oipic

New bundle site, first bundle coming monday.
No further info.

Some details from their Steam group page:

BundleBandits said:
We would like to announce that our first indie bundle "Indie Outbreak" will be launching next week December 9th and will run for 12 days! buy 6 games for a dollar and you will also have a chance to win some copies of Battlefield 4 (PC)

The charity : (IGDA) International Game Developers Association

Help us help the developers!

Joel McHale is actually the second most trending story on Twitter right now. If you click on the Twitter link, its the whos who of gaming decimating the guy.
McHale took his Twitter account down about an hour into the VGX too. It was so obvious he was there for the paycheck and he didn't really have any chemistry with Geoff until late in the second hour.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

PF8F2gN.png

His bad attitude was more to the outrageously bad teleprompter jokes and the staged PR jackoff aspect of the interviews. He seemed genuinely interested in quite a few things and the non-scripted questions he asked were all interesting ones.

PF8F2gN.png

Joel McHale was the only one the entire night (besides the Respawn devs) that treated video games as the entertainment medium they are instead of some high art.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So uh what happened? I know those people who overhyped the Nintendo announcement are currently melting down, but what else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom