• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakkidis

Just beat Faster than Light. My entire ships systems were destroyed, my entire crew dead except for the pilot and oxygen running low and my final beam destroyed the final ship. One more blow to my hull and it was all over.

One month into Steam and I get more satisfaction from my indie games.

Omega

Banned
maybe they'll have boss fights where you mash a button for 2 minutes, you do regular "combat" for 10 seconds and then go back to mashing a button again for the next 2 minutes.

cicero

Just beat Faster than Light. My entire ships systems were destroyed, my entire crew dead except for the pilot and oxygen running low and my final beam destroyed the final ship. One more blow to my hull and it was all over.

One month into Steam and I get more satisfaction from my indie games.
It was like 2 am and I had my fists in the air and was yelling the first time I finally beat it after all my failed attempts to get there and then the failed attempts to beat that Rebel Flagship. Such a great memorable gaming moment for me.

maybe they'll have boss fights where you mash a button for 2 minutes, you do regular "combat" for 10 seconds and then go back to mashing a button again for the next 2 minutes.

You mean No Man's Sky? Yeah I don't think being indie is a factor in how much depth it will have.

so Telltale has a lot of shit going on right now, eh?

The Wolf Among Us
TWD : Season 2
Game of Thrones
Borderlands

All in now/2014? Damn. I really hope they can keep the quality up.

They've been doing "samey" for a long time. The Walking Dead just happened to be well-written "samey".

There are writers who can turn in a quality comic every month for pretty long stretches, so hopefully at least one or two of these projects will have that particular brand of lighting strike twice.

True. Would be very interesting to know what their priority is. Walking Dead is bigger than Game of Thrones right?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Telltale has a lot on its plate for sure, especially since they announced their deal with Pillsbury to do what they do best: cookie cutting.

snack

Telltale has a lot on its plate for sure, especially since they announced their deal with Pillsbury to do what they do best: cookie cutting.

illK6U.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is there any other publisher not on Steam that has that amount of stuff to throw on there?

Maybe some purveyors of casual titles. It's probably just Valve reserving space for Greenlight titles, though (Randdalf mentioned this, but at the time I'd forgotten that 100 games were greenlit), since the numbers do add up -- we'll know for sure once Steam keys for one of the recently-greenlit games are handed out.

1. Save the butcher's boy or

2. Save Bartholemew Stark.

----

---> Save the butcher's boy please

----

(Final scene of the episode): The one you chose to save was thrown down a well. The end!

The is pretty much it, but I've made peace with how they represent choice. As long as it is well made I'm happy to go along for the (fake) ride.

When it is:

1. Save the butcher's boy or
2. Save Bartholemew Stark.

----
---> Save the butcher's boy please
----

(Final scene of the episode): The butcher boy is saved
(First scene of the next episode): Bartholemew Stark walks in and yells at you for letting the butcher boy die

That I start to have a problem. I'm glad to see Telltale growing, but hopefully they have sorted out their little quality issue in the process. Having their games actually boot under windows 8 without manually copying DLL files would be an outstanding start.

Knurek

Noticed something strange in Final Fantasy VIII. It seems the in-game timer that keeps track of your play time is quite buggy. My in-game time says I've spent about 7 1/2 hours. My Steam game time (and my watch) say it's almost exactly 6 hours.

Original PC port had timer going bonkers when you were playing Triple Triad, I guess Squeenix didn't fix that.

JaseC

I can't get my ~96 hours of AC4 progress back -- you need both 1.save/metadata and 2.save/metadata. I have the latter and the files are timestamped correctly, but the former is what went missing and without them the game refuses to acknowledge my progress. I poked around on Ubi's forums and the official line is "Sorry, we but can't help with lost saves."

I don't usually jump on the "Fuck Uplay" bandwagon, but fuck Uplay.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Started The Bureau: XCOM Declassified after buying it from that sale Monk posted. Maybe it's because I don't over-indulge in the genre, but I'm finding it to be a totally enjoyable TPS. Not great, but interesting enough to keep me engaged. I started on veteran difficulty and the enemy encounters are already calling for the strategic use of teammates. When I try to play it like a standard one-man army, cover-based shooter, shit quickly goes south. I dig that.

Totally worth the $8 I paid for it.

maneil99

Stuck between a mouse that likes to scroll the opposite way vs a mouse which middle mouse button doesn't push down, which do I go for GAF? Anyone ever RMA corsair stuff before?

TheD

The Detective
I can't get my ~96 hours of AC4 progress back -- you need both 1.save/metadata and 2.save/metadata. I have the latter and the files are timestamped correctly, but the former is what went missing and without them the game refuses to acknowledge my progress. I poked around on Ubi's forums and the official line is "Sorry, we but can't help with lost saves."

I don't usually jump on the "Fuck Uplay" bandwagon, but fuck Uplay.

Shit, I know that feeling.
I played Max Payne 3 the other day and had the game lose 8 hours of gameplay due to it not saving due to some stupid as fuck bug that seems to have been around from when the game came out (but it did save the hidden things I unlocked in the levels, just what I wanted......).

Stuck between a mouse that likes to scroll the opposite way vs a mouse which middle mouse button doesn't push down, which do I go for GAF? Anyone ever RMA corsair stuff before?

Does the one with the broken middle click have side buttons?
My mouse has a broken middle mouse button and so I mapped the middle mouse click to one of the side buttons (in fact I like it more this way).

-Deimos

I don't know why I'm bothering.

I think the better question is why don't you have one? :p

Turn off cloud saves from uplay and disconnect from the internet. Happened to me with Blacklist.

edit: Read your other replies. You shouldn't need 2.save. Try starting a new game with cloud on. Then delete the save from the main menu and exit to clear the cloud. Turn the cloud off and place your 1.save/meta in the save folder (disconnect internet to be safe) and try again.

I remember that if you add .delete or .remove to the filename, the cloud will remove it. Try that if my first suggestion doesn't work.

No Man's Sky had Joel and I very interested.

It is hard to not be interested in it because it looked great!

If nothing else, it is probably another sign of the real resurgence in the genre. You have to think even Disney is looking at Star Citizen and seeing dollar signs. Hopefully somebody rises up and gets it right.

JaseC

edit: Read your other replies. You shouldn't need 2.save. Try starting a new game with cloud on. Then delete the save from the main menu and exit to clear the cloud. Turn the cloud off and place your 1.save/meta in the save folder (disconnect internet to be safe) and try again.

1.save is the file that Uplay deleted/overwrote; the only save file I have from when I last played the game is 2. I did try using Recuva, but the best it could do was dig up metadata files from the 29th.

Edit: Oh, and I did try renaming the files from 2 to 1, but that didn't work.

Knurek

1.save is the file that Uplay deleted; the only save file I have from when I last played the game is 2. I did try using Recuva, but the best it could do was dig up metadata files from the 29th.

Want my save, JaseC? Roughly 25% in. Should save you at least few hours.

topyy

Started The Bureau: XCOM Declassified after buying it from that sale Monk posted. Maybe it's because I don't over-indulge in the genre, but I'm finding it to be a totally enjoyable TPS. Not great, but interesting enough to keep me engaged. I started on veteran difficulty and the enemy encounters are already calling for the strategic use of teammates. When I try to play it like a standard one-man army, cover-based shooter, shit quickly goes south. I dig that.

Totally worth the $8 I paid for it.

simplycdkeys?that site key no problem?

-Deimos

1.save is the file that Uplay deleted; the only save file I have from when I last played the game is 2. I did try using Recuva, but the best it could do was dig up metadata files from the 29th.

Try it with 2 then. Are there any files in the cloud? What happens when you turn off the cloud and place 2 in the folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom