• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Want my save, JaseC? Roughly 25% in. Should save you at least few hours.

That's be great, thanks.

Try it with 2 then. Are there any files in the cloud? What happens when you turn off the cloud and place 2 in the folder?

If the 1 files aren't present then the game generates them; 2 is completely ignored, and if copies of the 2 files are renamed to 1, the game just instantly overwrites them. Cloud saves were disabled for some reason so there was nothing stored on Ubi's servers prior to Uplay's stuff-up (not that it'd help even if that were the case).

I wouldn't worry about Telltale spreading themselves too thin. There's probably less than 5-10 people combined working on both Borderlands/GoT (if that) until Walking Dead/Wolf Among Us ends. Walking Dead only had 2 people on it for a good chunk of time.

Finally worked out how to get my enclave key. Does it work? Find out!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Enclave -- MB-683D12EFA202EF54 - Taken by Exuro

-Deimos

That's be great, thanks.

If the 1 files aren't present then the game generates them; 2 is completely ignored, and if copies of the 2 files are renamed to 1, the game just instantly overwrites them. Cloud saves were disabled for some reason so there was nothing stored on Ubi's servers prior to Uplay's stuff-up (not that it'd help even if that were the case).

AC4 doesn't support multiple saves? If not, you're screwed. As a last resort, try using your save with the generated metadata.

Ok, so it does support multiple saves but then why is it ignoring yours? Try creating 2 separates saves so the game generates a new 2.save and replace the new one with yours. I remember getting it to work with Blacklist and I also had to use a 2.save.
The game definitely uses two different save files per in-game profile. I'd guess one stores the present-day Abstergo data and the other the yesteryear Kenway data. And, yeah, I did try that, also to no avail.

What's odd is that the game seems to no longer pick up on the fact that I own the DDE or have saves from previous games -- the only DLC unlock notification I get when the game generates a new save is that pertaining to the Season Pass.

Ah, so each save is made up of a 1.save and 2.save? In that case, you're out of luck unless you have both files and their metadatas.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't understand why I can't activate a Steam key/code from a mobile device. I thought I could store it in a Steam chat log until I got home to my desktop PC.

I don't understand why Steam's friends chat system refuses to store more than a couple of lines. Caused me to lose the typed message that held such a generous gift.

I think I'm finally starting to understand SpaceChem though, so that's something.

JaseC

AC4 doesn't support multiple saves? If not, you're screwed. As a last resort, try using your save with the generated metadata.

The game definitely uses two different save files per in-game profile. I'd guess one stores the present-day Abstergo data and the other the yesteryear Kenway data. And, yeah, I did try that, also to no avail.

What's odd is that the game seems to no longer pick up on the fact that I own the DDE or have saves from previous games -- the only DLC unlock notification I get when the game generates a new save is that pertaining to the Season Pass.

Danj

I don't understand why I can't activate a Steam key/code from a mobile device. I thought I could store it in a Steam chat log until I got home to my desktop PC.

I don't understand why Steam's friends chat system refuses to store more than a couple of lines. Caused me to lose the typed message that held such a generous gift.

Can you not simply contact the person who gave it to you and ask them to repeat it? I would assume they can login to the account on whatever website they bought it at to retrieve the key.

As far as mobile devices are concerned probably the easiest way of making sure you have a copy of the information is just to take a screenshot - iThingies and Android devices both have mechanisms for doing this.

JaseC

I think this may be because secure.ubi.com is currently dead. If somebody told me Ubi "employees" were just drunk monkeys, I'd believe them.

Deques

Woot, looks like Amazon is selling Steam codes for AssCreed 4 Gold Edition

But 80 dollars for that is a bit too expensive

with all the Saoirse clones in the thread, what's the difference?
fallout-3-gary-with-watermark.jpg
Gary~
Haha, I'm not that stupid. :p (I hope.)
Nah, you're cool.

Copons

The only megaton:

o4a6w.gif

Just woke up and I must say: Naughty Dogs won console war, every console war.
When somebody will invent the time machine, 90s kids won't flame between Nintendo and Sega anymore because Naughty Dogs.

I'm gonna start an online petition to bring Naughty Dogs on Steam, on Origin, on uPlay, on GFWL and on Atari Jaguar.

ngt

What's the cheapest that Black Flag has been? I'm hankering to get it.

Well, it was $1.5 on Uplay. I highly doubt that promo will ever come back thought.

It's very weird in general. I get info about new unlocks randomly every time I start the game. There doesn't seem to be any rule about that.

JaseC

It's very weird in general. I get info about new unlocks randomly every time I start the game. There doesn't seem to be any rule about that.

Ubi's log-in server is back up but I'm still not seeing the DDE islands on the world map, however I'm entertaining the possibility that they don't show up until I have the Jackdaw, so I'll wait until I reach that point before contacting Ubi. I may be able to get the game to detect my earlier AssCreed saves by just installing the games again and doing something in them so the files are updated, but I'm not overly fussed as I didn't even use the outfits (I just stuck with the default until I unlocked the Templar armour).

Well, let's not go crazy here...

Oh you!

Just beat Faster than Light. My entire ships systems were destroyed, my entire crew dead except for the pilot and oxygen running low and my final beam destroyed the final ship. One more blow to my hull and it was all over.

One month into Steam and I get more satisfaction from my indie games.

Niiiiiice :D.

I had a look through the games in my Steam "Beatinated" category t'other day at those I really enjoyed and it was pretty much 50/50 indie/AAA. I was surprised there were so many AAA games in there frankly. I would have said it was predominantly indie but memory is funny like that.

It was like 2 am and I had my fists in the air and was yelling the first time I finally beat it after all my failed attempts to get there and then the failed attempts to beat that Rebel Flagship. Such a great memorable gaming moment for me.

Ha! I did a double fist pump "YESSSS!!!!" and just sat there with a stupid, wide grin on my face for a few minutes.

I can't get my ~96 hours of AC4 progress back -- you need both 1.save/metadata and 2.save/metadata. I have the latter and the files are timestamped correctly, but the former is what went missing and without them the game refuses to acknowledge my progress. I poked around on Ubi's forums and the official line is "Sorry, we but can't help with lost saves."

I don't usually jump on the "Fuck Uplay" bandwagon, but fuck Uplay.

Ugh :/.

Sorry Jase.

The cult of Saoirse is getting a little overbearing.

"getting"?

Jawmuncher

Rumbled! :)

I was moving my keyboard up onto the desk from the keyboard shelf and I knocked a key accidentally. All edited and done now though :p.

Yeah I figured. For a second though I thought I was perhaps missing a joke of some kind.

After I wrap up Agarest i'm not sure if I should play another PC game or take a break and play Apollo Justice. Decisions Decisions

Copons

So apparently anyone begin playing with Steam like yesterday and already beat FTL, while I after 35 hours still die in the most idiotic ways?

I'm gonna cry now.

Tenrius

Yeah I figured. For a second though I thought I was perhaps missing a joke of some kind.

After I wrap up Agarest i'm not sure if I should play another PC game or take a break and play Apollo Justice. Decisions Decisions

I'd say go for Apollo Justice, you can always take a break between the cases (that's how I normally play AA games).

Jawmuncher

I'd say go for Apollo Justice, you can always take a break between the cases (that's how I normally play AA games).

That's actually not a bad idea I might just do that.
I did case 1 and then took a break. Now I just need to look at what PC game I should play.
I'm really leaning towards Red Faction 2. You can't go wrong with some FPS carnage from time to time.

Seeing Elijah Wood, Jack Black and Wil Weaton in Broken Age makes me happy. I'm already a backer, can't wait until the first part comes out in January.

abracadaver

Yes. However, I bought a 4pack and have 2x 1x left over, if you're interested I've got a copy you can have for 1 TF2 Supply Crate Key ($2.40 on the Market). PM me if you're interested.

sorry I already bought it before your offer

it just finished downloading. are there no graphics options ?? I cant even find a setting for the resolution

jediyoshi

Seeing Elijah Wood, Jack Black and Wil Weaton in Broken Age makes me happy. I'm already a backer, can't wait until the first part comes out in January.

Seeing characters voiced by Jennifer Hale and Elijah Wood having a dialogue together make me a happy camper. Hope they have more outtakes from VO sessions in the backer vids.

Tenrius

It looks like it's going to be a great game, but I'm not fully into that art style. Reminds me of Don't Starve to an extent, didn't like that either.

I think I'm finally starting to understand SpaceChem though, so that's something.

Serves you right for having a smarty smart phone when I don't! :'(

Fortunately Steam on PC still saved it so I've just re-sent it and also sent you a PM with the code as a backup. Hope you enjoy the game :).

EDIT - just sent you another game code to make up for your trouble :p.

So apparently anyone begin playing with Steam like yesterday and already beat FTL, while I after 35 hours still die in the most idiotic ways?

I'm gonna cry now.

Don't cry sweetie :(. If it makes you feel any better, it took me the best part of 200 hours before I first finished the game and that was on Easy. Now I can pwn it pretty much every time [on Easy] but after 200 hours I should jolly well hope so!

Copons

Don't cry sweetie :(. If it makes you feel any better, it took me the best part of 200 hours before I first finished the game and that was on Easy. Now I can pwn it pretty much every time [on Easy] but after 200 hours I should jolly well hope so!

Fact is that when I started it I said "easy mode? pffff, who am I? woo and indeed hoo?", so I played it at normal for the first 20 or so hours, getting to the final boss twice.
Then I decided to scale back to easy, but my luck didn't change at all. :'(

Fact is that when I started it I said "easy mode? pffff, who am I? woo and indeed hoo?", so I played it at normal for the first 20 or so hours, getting to the final boss twice.
Then I decided to scale back to easy, but my luck didn't change at all. :'(

LOL

Easy is really misnamed where FTL is concerned. Oh sure, I find it easy now but that's after all that playtime! The one bash I had at Normal was tough going too even with all that accumulated savvy. So FTL Normal should really be called Hard or Expert imho.

Nowt wrong with playing easy mode in games either. I play for fun. I'll leave the epeen to those who care about such things.

I must dash as these chores aren't doing themselves but just wanted to mention something about The Walking Dead. I now only have the last Episode to play but was somewhat irritated by what I suspect is a choice that's not a choice at all near the end of the penultimate episode. It was when
Clementine asks Lee if they'll have time to go and look for her parents before they set sail in the boat.
I wasn't happy about any of the options I was given but given how it played out I suspect that whichever option I had chosen it would have gone down that path anyway. Am I right in this? If so then that's uber shitty :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom