• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I hope Jet Set Radio Future gets a port at some point, Radio really does not hold up at all these days but the former is still incredibly fun.

I really do want Shadow Complex, Jet Set Radio Future, Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Chromehounds to all get ported to PC so I can put up my Xbox 360. It seems such a waste to have it out for only a few games, allbeit amazingly fun games I replay at least once a year (save for Chromehounds).

Chromehounds just needs a re-release anywhere so it can have active multiplayer ago. Such fun.

Momentary

Banned
It's fairly disappointing, to be honest. I was expecting something with more meat (2~3 minutes in length) and, although less likely, a release date.

Edit: Oh, I'd forgotten that we got a Gamescom trailer, haha.

Having to sit through all of the VGX crap beforehand enhanced the trailer for me greatly. I was looking for eye candy more than story elements. They defnitely delivered int the first 10 seconds for me. I was impressed with the fur on the victim at he very beginning of the trailer. That one segment would have satisfied me.

I'm very easy to please.

Very interesting post Asgaro! I currently have an excel file where I give a rating for each game I'm done for. Though with the amounts of games in the world I don't aim to finish a laege chunk of them - I'll stop when I feel it isn't worth my time anymore and I've seen enough of it. On the contrary I love replaying my favourite games infinite times.

But yeah organizing and a bit of commitment can go a long way to help you enjoying your purchased games and reducing backlog. Of course it varies a lot what methods are best for a person. Also it's not everybodys goal to actually play the games they buy :-D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

eyeless

is the achievements showing up on that dude's games list a newer feature of chrome enhanced steam cause it's one of my most wanted features but i use firefox and i ain't touchin dat chrome

i'm hoping eventually valve will make games on the "all games" page look like they do on the recent page
2X4fcoI.png

I just hope Sony or Microsoft aren't moving to lock this one up as an exclusive.

Were platforms announced? I remember there was some confusion on that last night.

Only benefit I can see is I'd imagine they'd get the budget and aid to make sure it doesn't turn out like Rebirth but that seems very doubtful in any case. Pretty sure they just gave it a vague "next-gen" comment. Hopefully it'll come out on all three, didn't really seem like anything that would need much adjustment for consoles in terms of UI.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
is the achievements showing up on that dude's games list a newer feature of chrome enhanced steam cause it's one of my most wanted features but i use firefox and i ain't touchin dat chrome

i'm hoping eventually valve will make games on the "all games" page look like they do on the recent page
2X4fcoI.png

It's a feature in Chrome but it has also been ported to Firefox. You can find the Firefox extension here.

The_Monk

I'd love to replay Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. If they ported those to PC I'd be very happy.

'dat boss theme

I still have Lost Odyssey in my tiny, tiny collection of 360 games. I loved the battle theme and the fact it was turned based. I played them both but never finished them (Blue Dragon I reached the end of the final Boss and on LO I never passed the third disc).

BadWolf

Finished Mark of the Ninja, fantastic game.

Ghosting the entire game without killing was a blast, the game felt balanced to be tackled either way. The mechanics held up till the very end.

So glad that they didn't shoehorn in any annoying boss battles.

The only thing I found kind of funny was how dinky the field of vision for a lot of enemies is. They have a cone that stretches like two feet in front of them and if you stand in front of it and just jump forward and over the cone and enemy you can get by undetected. Same applies from behind as well, all you have to do is time your regular jump so you clear both the enemy sprite and his tiny cone of vision.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does this Game have Region Locks? I can't even buy it on GMG unless I use a proxy so I fear that the Key might not activate in my region.

After the "Dead Islang Riptide Incident" where I bought it during the sale on Amazon.com and now can't activate it I'm a little bit more cautious.

TOTD isn't region-locked, but you can use a VPN to activate region-locked keys. Spotflux is free and US-based, so it'll do the trick for your Riptide key.

jshackles

uhhh, i already do use enhanced steam (4.5.1) but the achievements don't show up for me

that sucks

Indeed that sucks. I'll do some testing on my end and see if I can figure out why.

EDIT: Yeah looks like Valve changed something. I'll try to get this feature updated and working with the next version, sorry.

I have 5.1 and also don't see them.

In Chrome the feature is disabled by default since it causes a lot of page loading. If you check "Show achievement stats on All Games page" in the community options tab of Enhanced Steam, it should work.

JaseC

Isn't Steam Banning me for using VPN?

The SSA states that VPN use at all is not allowed, but in practice there are no confirmed reports of people having their accounts restricted for just using one to activate region-locked keys or unlock games early; in other words, Valve only frowns upon VPN usage if you're avoiding region-specific pricing. Myself and many other GAFers have used VPNs on the odd occasion for the former two purposes and have yet to encounter any trouble (I most recently used FlyVPN to activate a region-locked Football Manager 2012 Russian key, for example).

Jawmuncher

Finally Beat Agarest Generations of War
(Beat it in offline mode since my family is still using my account to download my games for me)

8d73aab62f83dc498329f81605662c7097161c6b.jpg

I just want to start off by saying unless you LOVE SRPG's and JRPG's that require a hell of a lot of grinding even for regular weapons stay away. With that said I had to cheat to finish my play through since I just wasn't able to handle all of that. Though oddly enough even cheating to beat it I still felt I got my money's worth. Mainly because of the concept of the story. I like the idea of generations of a family having to stop the evil from the world. Though the game doesn't take advantage of that concept as much as it should. Hell the story itself is just pretty meh all around. The character's were pretty fun, but the game has a nasty habit of making you miss out on a lot of the interaction's unless you're playing the "right way". Also the game has a ton of jank moment's where character's would reference those social event's that I never saw and hell on the last chapter a character shows in story that I never got until later. As in she was part of the dialog and everything even though she didn't exist.

So all in all I gotta give this game a
PASS
unless you absolutely need a SRPG that's a bit too convoluted for it's own good.

Anteater

I'd love to replay Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. If they ported those to PC I'd be very happy.

'dat boss theme

Yep, one of the best boss themes ever.

I still have Lost Odyssey in my tiny, tiny collection of 360 games. I loved the battle theme and the fact it was turned based. I played them both but never finished them (Blue Dragon I reached the end of the final Boss and on LO I never passed the third disc).

I think lost odyssey kind of went downhill near the 3rd disc, but worth completing for some of the characters like Jansen. Blue Dragon I thought was great for the light hearted theme and the world map/exploring was the better one between the two, the behind the back camera and 3d world was more engaging, the story was predictable in BD but the journey is what matters the most.

I really like the thousand years of dreams in LO though, they should've let the same dude write the story for them.

eyeless

Indeed that sucks. I'll do some testing on my end and see if I can figure out why.

EDIT: Yeah looks like Valve changed something. I'll try to get this feature updated and working with the next version, sorry.
it's cool thanks dude enhanced steam is essential

just curious, is it possible to have the achievement pics show up too like they do on the recent page? that would be awesome so just thought i'd ask

jshackles

it's cool thanks dude enhanced steam is essential

just curious, is it possible to have the achievement pics show up too like they do on the recent page? that would be awesome so just thought i'd ask

It may be possible although difficult. I'll look into re-writing the function and see if I can pull this data from the API where it can be sorted. That way, I'll be able to find the most recent achievements.

EDIT: Nope looks like the unlock date/time isn't stored in the API either.

Jawmuncher

hi CDProjekt the first boss in witcher 2 was bad and you guys should feel bad.

The only boss that I recall being bad was some sort of scarecrow kind of dude later on in the game. Guy was a straight pain in the ass and I had to use all my finesse to beat him.

Anteater

The only boss that I recall being bad was some sort of scarecrow kind of dude later on in the game. Guy was a straight pain in the ass and I had to use all my finesse to beat him.

It was that silly tentacle dude where you lay a few traps for the tentacles, do a qte and run up some rocks for a cutscene, but it was kind of clunky and the fov was bad making it hard to see. All in all it's not really that much of a fight.

Jørdan

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. This is a giveaway at Steamgifts, enter by using the link given below.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Don't be a dick.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winner will be selected by random 1 hour after the giveaway was created.
- The Steam key will sent to your email address registered with Steamgifts.

tSvNBFt.jpg

Alpha Protocol -- http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/fvkAz/alpha-protocol -- Won by bornlivedie

Good luck.

Jawmuncher

It was that silly tentacle dude where you lay a few traps for the tentacles, do a qte and run up some rocks for a cutscene, but it was kind of clunky and the fov was bad making it hard to see. All in all it's not really that much of a fight.

Oh SHIT now I remember!
Had to do that fight a few times. Yeah that battle wasn't as well executed as it should be.
Man I really need to get around to playing Witcher 2 again. I'm holding out for 2.50 as the price. It's been 5.00 dollars for awhile now so it should be soon...

Is the game region-free?
If so I might be able to grab it for 1 key.

kurahador

Which chapter is that?

I'm doing the troll quest right now, and man...I don't think I'll be able to get use to the combat system in this game.

kulapik

Muy list of currently playing games is a freaking mess, I have like 7 SP games at the same time, plus other 7 smaller games, other 7 even smaller that I could be able to complete, plus a couple games that could last forever but I usually don't play, plus MP games. And considering each game session is of 1h30 approx (45 min for smaller games), I take months to complete games. I should change that, but I don't feel like it xD

JaseC

Oh SHIT now I remember!
Had to do that fight a few times. Yeah that battle wasn't as well executed as it should be.
Man I really need to get around to playing Witcher 2 again. I'm holding out for 2.50 as the price. It's been 5.00 dollars for awhile now so it should be soon...

Is the game region-free?
If so I might be able to grab it for 1 key.

TW2? Nope.

Backlogger

It's a feature in Chrome but it has also been ported to Firefox. You can find the Firefox extension here.

I was reading the other day that Google was working on SDKs to allow devs to port their Chrome apps to Android and iOS Chrome browsers. Have you seen anything for that yet and plan on getting enhanced steam on iOS or Android?

Turfster

I hope I can manage to finish this game one day, I tried and tried but it's the colors that are giving me a headache when playing, which is a shame. I also got dizzy once and had to stop playing immediately.

I got to about the next-to-last level, and then the game ate my savegame data and I said fuck it. It was doing bad things to my brain anyway.

jshackles

I was reading the other day that Google was working on SDKs to allow devs to port their Chrome apps to Android and iOS Chrome browsers. Have you seen anything for that yet and plan on getting enhanced steam on iOS or Android?

I've been following it pretty closely and as soon as it's available I'll port Enhanced Steam over.

I've been trying to get it to work with mobile Firefox... and it's really a pain in the ass which I have not yet figured out.

Some people have got it working with mobile Opera though.

RS4-

Finally beat Dark Souls. Only took 6 hrs of game time over 2 weeks, countless alt-f4s and what the fucks.

I'd like to thank the guy that did the sub 60min run and the friendly member that gifted the game.

I'd like to not thank myself for wasting so much time on the stupid blighttown jump when I could have used 3-4 ladders to get down there. I like Demon's Souls more though.

Now, I'll just have to think about buying TotD!

Tenrius

Finally beat Dark Souls. Only took 6 hrs of game time over 2 weeks, countless alt-f4s and what the fucks.

I'd like to thank the guy that did the sub 60min run and the friendly member that gifted the game.

I'd like to not thank myself for wasting so much time on the stupid blighttown jump when I could have used 3-4 ladders to get down there. I like Demon's Souls more though.

Now, I'll just have to think about buying TotD!

Did it take 6 hours in total? That's impressive, as it took me like 90 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom