• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished The Walking Dead.

I'm all bummed out now :'(.

I could have done without that stupid end credits song too.

Oh well, time to get into another game to get me out of this mood.

The_Monk

Feelings.

I'm going to assume that you liked it since you played from start to finish in no time. Hope it was worth your time!

Secret Files: Sam Peters is $1.99 at Gamefly with code GFDDEC20 / GFDDEC20UK and activates on Steam. Cheapest it's been.

Narco Terror - $1.99

Full sale here.

What is sam peters? It sort of looks like a point and click but its an "action adventure game"

Also on gamefly how can you tell if a game is steam redeemable? I want to get "The Good Life: A Tropical Paradise Simulator" for the lulz. (EDIT. Manhunt says Requires a STEAM account to play so I am guessing games need to say that to redeem on Steam)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finally beat Dark Souls. Only took 6 hrs of game time over 2 weeks, countless alt-f4s and what the fucks.

I'd like to thank the guy that did the sub 60min run and the friendly member that gifted the game.

I'd like to not thank myself for wasting so much time on the stupid blighttown jump when I could have used 3-4 ladders to get down there. I like Demon's Souls more though.

Now, I'll just have to think about buying TotD!

Wait, you beat the game in 6 hours total using a speedrun as a guide?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What is sam peters? It sort of looks like a point and click but its an "action adventure game"

Also on gamefly how can you tell if a game is steam redeemable? I want to get "The Good Life: A Tropical Paradise Simulator" for the lulz. (EDIT. Manhunt says Requires a STEAM account to play so I am guessing games need to say that to redeem on Steam)

Yep.

Tizoc

Now, I'll just have to think about buying TotD!

image.php

Think? Buy it M&#*#*#&@er.

Also if you are buying from Gamefly, use this GFDDEC20 for 20% off.

Just bought SR4: Seasons Pass and that crappy Sam Peters game for 5$

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I really agree, can't wait for another journey. Season 2 is going to be great, or so I hope. I'm also curious how they will handle the Game of Thrones universe.
Never read the books or watched the show, but with TT involved I'm interested in the game. I'll wait until the whole season is released, though, and play them all in a single sitting.

The_Monk

Never read the books or watched the show, but with TT involved I'm interested in the game. I'll wait until the whole season is released, though, and play them all in a single sitting.

Hoping to do the same and I hope there's no save game issues. Regarding GoT I saw the season first and I'm reading the books every now and then, which is the other way since many people do the opposite. But I'm liking it, some details that didn't appear on the TV Show.

Copons

In my last play through, I forgot rock people need to breath. It's okay though, I treat it like an old 1960s comedy movie set in space where everyone is clearly inept at every job, so really its just amazing they get as far as they can.

I always thought that people forgetting that Rocks need to breathe is the main reason because they're such jerks when you meet them.

If I may suggest: try to play a FTL game letting two guys choke to death at the very beginning and then imagine this super sad journey of the survivor going crazy for loneliness jump after jump. :(

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuel is great we should get a co-op drive on one night. But it's so hard to herd people together to get a game going.
I'm in, provided I can clean my graphics card before it burns to death. No joke here, it reaches 110°C when playing anything remotely demanding.

I'm also in for that L4D2 tournament we never made.

Feelings.

I'm going to assume that you liked it since you played from start to finish in no time. Hope it was worth your time!

Yes it really grabbed me. It was a really good story that had me gripped. I'm bummed out by the ending and the fact that some of the choices seem to be a sham but not enough that I won't re-play it at some point or not get the DLC and the next game.

I was expecting the ending I got but it still bummed me out :(. Oh well, if a 'game' can have that effect on me it can't be doing too much wrong :).

Hawkie played it when it came out and didn't think highly of it from what I remember.

Amazing, wasn't it? Season 2 can't come soon enough.

I'll wait until it's complete. Might even re-play season one before then.

DLC Quest was fun. Cheered me up somewhat :).

Now to tackle something else in my backlog. Eeny, meeny, miny.....

Arthea

I like Homeworld a lot, what's not to like, but my dream sci-fi game would be something like No Man's Sky, where I can have grand scale space battles if I want to, small adventures on different planets (there was adventure game of Star Trek, I can't remember name of, something like that) and pure exploration like roaming universe in your ship and admiring nebulas and such. I thought that no existing studio is quite up to this task as of yet.
So you can imagine that I can't really get behind the idea of 4 people team making such a game. Really, that has to be most ambitious project ever. I thought it would need team of 200 people at least, loads of funds and development hell of at least 10 years or so (><)
I haven't seen VGX, only trailers and recap later, was there any date for No Man's Sky mentioned?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I like Homeworld a lot, what's not to like, but my dream sci-fi game would be something like No Man's Sky, where I can have grand scale space battles if I want to, small adventures on different planets (there was adventure game of Star Trek, I can't remember name of, something like that) and pure exploration like roaming universe in your ship and admiring nebulas and such. I thought that no existing studio is quite up to this task as of yet.
So you can imagine that I can't really get behind the idea of 4 people team making such a game. Really, that has to be most ambitious project ever. I thought it would need team of 200 people at least, loads of funds and development hell of at least 10 years or so (><)
I haven't seen VGX, only trailers and recap later, was there any date for No Man's Sky mentioned?

It's a pity Valve canned Stars of Blood. Part of me still hopes that it wasn't outright cancelled but just temporarily shelved so it could be reborn as a Source 2 title once the engine has found its feet.

Echoplx

Have GamersGate said anything about getting more keys for FUEL? I picked it up with blue coins so I don't really care but it would be nice to know if they are even coming.

Knurek

Haha, that wouldn't be very practical, unfortunately:
And since I'm on ADSL, uploading at max speed murders usability.

I have about 128 kB/s upload, and have synched my 2TB collection of video game music to an outside server. Twice, since it's HDD crashed. :)
A GB is definitely doable, JaseC. :)

Arthea

It's a pity Valve canned Stars of Blood. Part of me still hopes that it wasn't outright cancelled but just temporarily shelved so it could be reborn as a Source 2 title once the engine has found its feet.

It is a pity, the more space games the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom