• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whools

They shouldn't have to, I wasn't saying they should. I was responding to the comment "Also, people forget there's like, 10 different people writing for RPS.". I am not asserting a guilt by association argument or demanding a response "for shits an giggles". I am just pointing out my lack of awareness about anything they might have stated or implied in opposition to Walker, which a person could then logically determine whether or not a special consideration should even be applied to any remarks about RPS that notes that not everyone is approving of that specific editorial push. I assume that not everyone fits into the same exact mold as Walker, I don't feel the need to constantly mention that fact whenever a criticism is made about "RPS", because as a whole, that is what is being publicly represented, AFAIK.

I would think that the usual norm would apply and that editorials would represent the views of a site or news outlet as an institution, as determined through debate/discussion amongst the members of an editorial board/staff.

Condescend away. :p

I actually agree that most RPS staff probably agree with RPS' stance, and certainly hope they do as I personally believe it to be a worthwhile cause, and we can ascertain that they support it through the facts that at least one other editor is editing and approving of the articles going up on the site, and that though following a few of them on twitter just assessing that personally they all seem quite liberal(though this doesn't mean they necessarily support RPS having liberal content, but I would think they support it anyway). My first two questions were mostly to clarify what you meant as I was a bit confused as to whether you took issue with .

Where I actually disagree with you is on the initial post I replied to, where you imply through your generally flippant language and directly calling it shrill and intransigent, that you think it is, well, shrill and intransigent. I mainly dislike this attitude because it's this sort of desire to not discuss problems with the industry and culture of gaming that prevent gaming from becoming a more inclusive industry. Sure in the relatively mature fields of GAF actual overt sexism is not too much of a problem, but I'd put that down to solid moderation and the requisite private email account up the average use age, but there is a whole lot of complaining whenever topics such as feminism come up. It's very frustrating to see so many people predisposed to shutting out a movement which is at it's core beneficial to all.
This exasperation is not directly aimed at you, but rather an attitude you expressed. Maybe you perfectly understand the issues, but just don't care and would rather not have various critics bang on about various social issues in gaming, But I'd rather them hammer away until a spark is struck that just continue with casual sexism being a mainstay in gaming culture.

Why is this still being bought up in the Steam thread? Also an actual question...

Because a discussion originated in the thread, and hey it's probably more on topic than half the posts in this thread, and besides, the sub discussions spawned are what make this thread interesting IMO.

Cheddahz

Banned
Damn, I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy VIII all day, but I've been stuck doing a "cheatsheet" for my history final all evening long....

Tellaerin

Damn, I've been wanting to play Final Fantasy VIII all day, but I've been stuck doing a "cheatsheet" for my history final all evening long....

Pretend you're attending Balamb Garden and you're studying for a SeeD exam. ; )

(Okay, maybe I'm not helping. But I tried!)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, most of the great games I've played this year are from 2012.
Yeah, or 2011 (To the Moon and Super Mario 3D Land; haven't finished the latter yet), or 2010 (Puzzle Bots), or 2009 (Arkham Asylum), or 2001 (Deus Ex).

Thinking about it, it seems I haven't played many games in general this year...

Cheddahz

Banned
Pretend you're attending Balamb Garden and you're studying for a SeeD exam. ; )

(Okay, maybe I'm not helping. But I tried!)

I wish! I'm already on the second disc and tomorrow is my last day for finals, so I'm sure I'll have the game completed by the end of this week

chixdiggit

Not exactly Steam related but not sure where else to ask....

Will I have any issues with 2 Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receivers on two separate PCs but next to each other? Will I have to worry about the signals messing up with each other?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ur6Brqe.png

Broke 2000, I'm coming to get you Xelios and JaseC...

... oh, wait, voting doesn't mean I own the games? Fuck.

I remember 2007. I almost bought a PS3 instead of upgrading my PC!

JaseC

You win for wading through Greenlight. More than Xelios and JaseC or anyone here can say.

I may not bother with swimming through the Greenlight pool, but I did pay the Submission Fee, which doubles as a charity donation, so ner. ;)

Edit:
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within is $5.99 on Gamefly with code GFDDEC20/GFDDEC20UK and activates on Steam. Cheapest it's been.

Can somebody help me out with this? It's restricted to North America.

Edit: Sorted.

There's a glitch spot behind him where's he's unable to shoot you.

Good to know, i'll check it out tomorrow. I thought i was being trolled being insta-gibbed the second he stopped talking.

And here I was thinking I could finish off two games today!

Or every large bot boss in Borderlands 2.

Is there any other way to solo that game?

- Enter boss area
- Find place where you can't be hit
- Spray and Pray

FloatOn

I'm about to finish Gunslinger. It's so good it makes me want a full length game out of it.

I think I've said it before but the duel mode would be fucking incredible if it was able to be played against a person proper-pvp-style™

T9oCh59.gif

Turfster

Is there any other way to solo that game?

- Enter boss area
- Find place where you can't be hit
- Spray and Pray

Not that I know. Well, I used a corrosive sniper rifle, so it was more peek, pew, hide, repeat... but yeah, that was basically the last third of the game, which made it incredibly boring.

chixdiggit

Was ETS 2 released this year? If yes I can it winning the Steam GOTY awards. :D

As somebody that used to drive a delivery truck I find it absolutely mind blowing that anyone would find a simulation of it fun. I called it work.

Or am I missing something and is it really not a simulator?

cicero

This exasperation is not directly aimed at you, but rather an attitude you expressed. Maybe you perfectly understand the issues, but just don't care and would rather not have various critics bang on about various social issues in gaming, But I'd rather them hammer away until a spark is struck that just continue with casual sexism being a mainstay in gaming culture.
Not trying to dismiss or sidestep your comments, just noting that as I was typing my response it couldn't help but veer into issues best left to subject specific threads. I would be happy to continue this in a preexisting or new thread though.

Cheddahz

Banned
As somebody that used to drive a delivery truck I find it absolutely mind blowing that anyone would find a simulation of it fun. I called it work.

Or am I missing something and is it really not a simulator?

You can mod the game like crazy and basically make it into a arcade truck game. The fact that you have internet radio in the game (and can add some more radio stations) is a nice thing as well

Not that I know. Well, I used a corrosive sniper rifle, so it was more peek, pew, hide, repeat... but yeah, that was basically the last third of the game, which made it incredibly boring.
I did not glitch and solo'd my first playthrough, boss fights were painful to play.

JaseC

I made the mistake of smashing through the Borderlands DLC just prior to the release of the sequel and consequently I grew tired of the game relatively quickly. The change of setting was nice for several hours, but eventually the monotony just became unbearable and I had to stop. I do plan on resuming my playthrough one day, though. Perhaps once Gearbox has stopped releasing crummy DLC... and after I've bought it all.

Wow, did I accidentally enter a "Sexism in games" thread? I miss talks about yerba mate and Saoirse Ronan :/

EDIT: and the 3DS too. My copy of The World Ends With You just arrived, now I need to finish Ace Attorney Investigations first.

I think this is the first time you've used her actual name and not Jar-Jar. :p

catabarez

I made the mistake of smashing through the Borderlands DLC just prior to the release of the sequel and consequently I grew tired of the game relatively quickly. The change of setting was nice for several hours, but eventually the monotony just became unbearable and I had to stop. I do plan on resuming my playthrough one day, though. Perhaps once Gearbox has stopped releasing crummy DLC... and after I've bought it all.

I think this is the first time you've used her actual name and not Jar-Jar. :p

Speaking of Suarez, I actually heard someone actually say her name on TV. It was almost right :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom