• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some duplicates.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Off Road drive -- MB-CC4EEFDACDD6C990 - Taken by gwynplaine
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-C2D10FF871E259FF - Taken by bobnowhere

Eternia

Hey, what should I play first machnarium or botanicula?

In steamgaf I trust.
Depends on what you feel like playing at the moment? Machinarium follows the path of a traditional adventure game with inventory management and elaborate puzzles. Botanicula felt simpler and straight-forward while having what I felt a much more lively world.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
be honest with yourself

you'd love the opportunity to fetch it all again

Restarting the game has, surprisingly, proven less tedious than I'd thought, but if by some cruel twist of fate both my current saves and backup saves vanish into the digital ether, then it'll be a long time before I bother again.

Miguel81

Is there any way to remove unwanted games from Steam? My sister got me Trine 1 and 2 on GOG and I have Trine 2 Steam staring at me. My OCD is killing me.

m.gorecki

Hi all. Just a bunch of Origin games I still had lying around from the EA bundle a while back.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Origin keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise (Origin) -- MB-29BE719D806AF11D - Taken by ModBot - Taken by Regginator
vRvbDCu.png
Medal of Honor (Origin) -- MB-E6CB9F740A3E1E43
vRvbDCu.png
Red Alert 3 (Origin) -- MB-3ABB22D4C95741C4
vRvbDCu.png
Mirrors Edge (Origin) -- MB-3FC626C1F0B4AA20 - Taken by tylergregg
vRvbDCu.png
Crysis 2 (Origin) -- MB-B809159C97C6C42A
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 (Origin) -- MB-E21128C4EF607EDB - Taken by Knurek
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (Origin) -- MB-182343BC3230FA10

Grief.exe

Is there any way to remove unwanted games from Steam? My sister got me Trine 1 and 2 on GOG and I have Trine 2 Steam staring at me. My OCD is killing me.

You can actually remove subs from you Steam account. Just do a quick bit of googleing and a couple guides will pop up.

Essentially, you email customer support and tell them to remove the licence(s) completely from your account, citing a portion of their TOS. Then tell them that you know you will no longer have access to the game and that you will get no compensation for the action.

You can actually remove subs from you Steam account. Just do a quick bit of googleing and a couple guides will pop up.

Essentially, you email customer support and tell them to remove the licence(s) completely from your account, citing a portion of their TOS. Then tell them that you know you will no longer have access to the game and that you will get no compensation for the action.

Incorrect, the only way is to start a new account, surely.

Miguel81

Uninstall the game and set Steam to just show installed ones.

Thank you. But, I like to see all of my purchased games.

Thanks. I will try that. : )

Delete the GOG installers. Steam Trine 2 is infinity times superior because it has online coop.

I did not know that. Will look further into it.

zkylon

zkylewd
well apparently I bought me two copies of thief for 8 bucks, plus a couple other games, from some russian dude on ebay. let's hope this was legit lol

Restarting the game has, surprisingly, proven less tedious than I'd thought, but if by some cruel twist of fate both my current saves and backup saves vanish into the digital ether, then it'll be a long time before I bother again.
well replaying an hour is not so bad. 96 hours tho, yeah...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A couple people posted this earlier in the year, and we had a couple people document its use in the thread.

Apparently its built right into Steam's EULA and you can use that to your advantage.

He's jokingly referencing HolyBaikal's little meltdown earlier in the year:

It sounds like there is something wrong with the system that once you buy a game, you're stuck with it forever.

If that's the case, I may just create a whole new account or abandon Steam altogether. I don't to put up with my DD library being a nasty place. My Steam library should be my happy place. A library full of good stuff I'm happy to open up.

Though that would mean buying the games I love all over again. And I don't think that would be worth it. It might be best to just abandon Steam altogether.

It wasn't the case, but he went ahead with making a new account, anyway. And so we fast-forward to...

WHY THE FUCK DID I NEED TO SHARE THIS SHIT? WHO'S FUCKING BUSINESS IS IT?

FUCKING MINE. AND I'M SOME FUCKING ATTENTION WHORE BECAUSE OTHER PEOPLE ARE CURIOUS.

FUCK.

A couple people posted this earlier in the year, and we had a couple people document its use in the thread.

Apparently its built right into Steam's EULA and you can use that to your advantage.

You didn't have to respond to such an overused retort, but I appreciate it :). Man that guy did go crazy though, I loved that melt down.

Good to know there's a way though.

wazoo

Steam Trine versions are better, auto patched, achievements, etc, etc

I keep gog for old games, but generally I prefer new games on steam. Of course Gog versions are DRM free.

Sorry guys, references like that always go over my head. I do remember that little meltdown, though I did check out of that one quickly once it started escalating.

I read the explanation above...had a look at the thread creation history... Yeah not touching that one.

At least the steam thread has a little closure.

I guess having an issue with Saints Row 3 and being an anime fan could work...but it is still like a one legged man spending his days hopping through minefields.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
It was and thank god it did because I'm having enough trouble coming up with a full list. I need all the good stuff I can get.

That's because you're too busy playing classics like Knack on your new PS4 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom