• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help me figure out why Dark Souls keeps crashing after the opening cutscene? I have installed DSFix, set the program to run as administrator, tried various compatibility settings and all to no avail. I want to play the game, but at this point I'm really sick of waiting through that unskippable five minute opening cutscene again and again.

Turfster

Can someone help me figure out why Dark Souls keeps crashing after the opening cutscene? I have installed DSFix, set the program to run as administrator, tried various compatibility settings and all to no avail. I want to play the game, but at this point I'm really sick of waiting through that unskippable five minute opening cutscene again and again.

Not a fix, but can't you just delete the video file so you don't have to?
(I don't have DS myself.)

zkylon

zkylewd
was just watching a couple of the conan o'brien game reviews and I gotta say it would've been awesome to have him as a co-host or something for the vgx rather than that joel douchebag. you know, if they were looking for the sarcastic funny dude angle. I mean he knows nothing about games but he's likable enough to make fun of himself rather than the games and he's actually pretty hilariously spot on with some of the weirdness of games. |

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, Broken Sword 5 had pre-purchase DLC. If only I'd known!

Speaking of Suarez, I actually heard someone actually say her name on TV. It was almost right :p

She hasn't been on TV here since her Ellen interview about two-and-a-half years ago (circa Hanna). :( An interview which will always hold a special place in my heart because it's what introduced me to her existence (although as I would later find out, I'd actually seen a few of her earlier films).

Edit: Oh, and a public thanks to xelios for assisting me with Jack Keane 2!

was just watching a couple of the conan o'brien game reviews and I gotta say it would've been awesome to have him as a co-host or something for the vgx rather than that joel douchebag. you know, if they were looking for the sarcastic funny dude angle. I mean he knows nothing about games but he's likable enough to make fun of himself rather than the games and he's actually pretty hilariously spot on with some of the weirdness of games. |

Conan O'Brien is far, far too expensive for VGX.
And Joel was great.

Not a fix, but can't you just delete the video file so you don't have to?
(I don't have DS myself.)

I'm going to try this.

zkylon

zkylewd
Conan O'Brien is far, far too expensive for VGX.
And Joel was great.
I know shit about american tv so yeah, probably

or they could've gotten the two nerd dudes from community if they for some reason needed to use someone from that show

I dunno, you could kinda root for that joel dude since it's the vgas and you know it's gonna be pretty shit anyways but I really felt bad for the whole thing, because you could see they were kinda trying but couldn't help themselves from fucking it up

Grief.exe

I think Joel could have worked well if they had paired him with somebody like Tim Schafer. Go watch the Broken Age interview again and watch how they played off eachother.

Leave Geoff off on his own to introduce people and maybe some interviews. Would have been significantly better.

I know shit about american tv so yeah, probably

or they could've gotten the two nerd dudes from community if they for some reason needed to use someone from that show

I dunno, you could kinda root for that joel dude since it's the vgas and you know it's gonna be pretty shit anyways but I really felt bad for the whole thing, because you could see they were kinda trying but couldn't help themselves from fucking it up

They should never get a comedian. Get someone who can take it seriously like Jim Sterling, Sessler, or Total Biscuit.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think Joel could have worked well if they had paired him with somebody like Tim Schafer. Go watch the Broken Age interview again and watch how they played off eachother.

Leave Geoff off on his own to introduce people and maybe some interviews. Would have been significantly better.
I think tim's a bit above doing the vgx :p

They should never get a comedian. Get someone who can take it seriously like Jim Sterling, Sessler, or Total Biscuit.
yea I'm just saying you can do much better if picking comedians than joel mc douchebag

Grief.exe

Damn, Final Fantasy VIII is still up there. And they say Jrpgs don't have a fanbase on PC.

The only people saying that are the Japanese companies that control the IPs, the ulterior evidence suggests the opposite
and the Japanese are horrible businessmen

TGMIII

Damn, Final Fantasy VIII is still up there. And they say Jrpgs don't have a fanbase on PC.

There's a huge untapped market for Japanese developed games on PC but they would rather bury their heads in the sand, or in the case of SE they'd rather repackage existing games knowing that their fanbase is desperate enough to buy it.

Many older PC gamers + one of the best selling franchises = big time demand

I hope this shows them that the market is there. I'd say I can't wait to get to ff8, because I am still playing ff7. But after that I can't wait to get started.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, Uplay, you useless piece of shit:

2013-12-10_000028ycak.jpg

Fortunately, I've been backing up my saves, but I did forget to so after my previous session so I think I've lost about an hour. Still, being an hour behind is better than losing everything!

Fortunately, I've been backing up my saves, but I did forget to so after my previous session so I think I've lost about an hour. Still, being an hour behind is better than losing everything!

Again? sorry man, I wouldn't have the patience, would wait until they patch the game.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Hearing about stuff like this is why I didn't pick up AC4 when it was on sale. Why can't Uplay just go the path of GFWL.

Momentary

Banned

The longer I wait to spend $80 on this game the easier it gets to not do it. I'll pick up the gold edition after it hits $40.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I think I made a mistake getting Duke Nukem 3D and Shadow Warrior Classic. Still great games, still wonderful level design, but I can not comfortably do that control scheme any more with or without mouse.
I know I could use other programs to map it to a game pad and all, but that voice in my head tuck in the 90s screams at me its not meant to be played with a controller.

I guess I'll just do what others do, be happy with them as collection pieces in my Steam Library.

Miguel81

There's a huge untapped market for Japanese developed games on PC but they would rather bury their heads in the sand, or in the case of SE they'd rather repackage existing games knowing that their fanbase is desperate enough to buy it.

It's sad, because I think games like the Soul Blazer trilogy, Xenogears, and the Dragon Quest series would sell like gangbusters on Steam, etc.. Now more than ever.

zkylon

zkylewd

be honest with yourself

you'd love the opportunity to fetch it all again

Is he saying "All of them" ?

I think he is saying "All of them" ;)

everyone <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom