• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
hey guys can I do this on Steam

zlCfzROIqDED17EHkD

zlCfzROJQ1073mhIHl

didnt think so

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Salsa.uy

[Follow]

Arthea

Just wanted to remind people that aren't sure, Puddle is worth $1, it really is.

Talking about Steam GOTY. I blame Valve and cards... I finished like 2 games from summer sales till now and I started hundreds :(
I play games with cards to get the cards and see how games are, then I buy more games with cards and play those. IDK... can't see myself finishing any game ever, because of those damn cards.
Help!
What I wanted to say, I finished too little games to vote, and I'm not even sure I finished any game released in 2013.
But if you absolutely have to know my opinion, Sonic transformed and 99 spirits would be in my GOTY list (yet to finish both though (><)

dani_dc

He's upset because he didn't like achievements, oh ok.

The achievement might have been what initially bothered him, but I wouldn't descibre OCD as a mere "didn't like" or "upset".
If he's anything like me, it would be more like a feeling that his account was "infected" which would lead to a state that goes anywhere from being uneasy to constant distress.
Those states can be occasional (in this case it could be whenever he boots steam, when he sees the game, when he thinks of steam) with any kind of duration depending on how much it bothered him or even constant(basically all the time until he solves the issue).
At worst OCD can leave someone completely incapacitated for long periods of time.

While his solution might seen extreme, it makes "sense" from where he stood, as an easy solution to something that was afflicting him greatly.

Anyway, I apologize for going somewhat off topic.

Glad to finally know what it was

Acccent

JaseC, if that's any comfort, a friend of mine lost his AC4 save too - around 7 hours at least, according to him... and he works on the game. So even people from Ubi are ultra frustrated with this right now, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Regarding Joel mcHale... I honestly don't think he's a complete douchebag - just that the broom up Keighley's arse is so strict and unforgiving that he can never allow himself the tiniest laugh, and he apparently feels like professionalism = being a robot. If Joel had been with someone "cooler", it'd all have gone way smoother. I also think he really does play and enjoy games - he had to be aware of the kickstarter fiasco to throw those jokes at Tim Schafer, and even though he might have been briefed before the show he had to have been at least slightly familiar with the whole concept. But if I had to co-host a show with Keighley, I too would do whatever I could to distance myself from the uptightness and immense nerdiness of it all...

Anyways, is the voting for the Steam GOTY over? I didn't get the chance to submit my points :(

jwtsonga

Regarding Joel mcHale... I honestly don't think he's a complete douchebag - just that the broom up Keighley's arse is so strict and unforgiving that he can never allow himself the tiniest laugh, and he apparently feels like professionalism = being a robot. If Joel had been with someone "cooler", it'd all have gone way smoother. I also think he really does play and enjoy games - he had to be aware of the kickstarter fiasco to throw those jokes at Tim Schafer, and even though he might have been briefed before the show he had to have been at least slightly familiar with the whole concept. But if I had to co-host a show with Keighley, I too would do whatever I could to distance myself from the uptightness and immense nerdiness of it all...

kickstarters are common knowledge these days, they are often done for Tv Shows and Movies. That is why Joel knows about the kickstarter concept

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC, if that's any comfort, a friend of mine lost his AC4 save too - around 7 hours at least, according to him... and he works on the game. So even people from Ubi are ultra frustrated with this right now, hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

Anyways, is the voting for the Steam GOTY over? I didn't get the chance to submit my points :(

Voting ends when this thread closes, so you still have time.

The problem I'm running into is that this year has had few standout games. Right now I'm stuck with only four that qualify for placement.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Can you tell your friend to get Tintin and King Kong on Steam? Oh, and can be bring back Anno 1404/1701, too? :p

Gunslinger is daily deal at gamersgate
-60%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-COJG/call-of-juarez-gunslinger

It was probably posted already, Particulars got a steam key (Be Mine 9 bundle)

Also:

- 75% off Naval War: Arctic Circle ($4.99), and
- 50% off Torchlight Complete* ($8.75)

* Only Torchlight 2 is Steamworks; the original is DRM-free.

wazoo

I doubt Ubi games not on Uplay will come back.

Anno games are DRM free on gamersgate, king kong too.

Shawn White games are vaguely available too (and removed from steam).

Arthea

A bit of Aussie bias here, but I think Particulars is worth checking out if you have a key. It has a bit of class as an action puzzle game.

Without any Aussie bias, the best Aussie game is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, it's so ridiculously good, that no matter how many new games Infinite Interactive makes, they'll unlikely make the game that good as original PQ is. (><)

edited: I wouldn't mind another proper Warlords game too. They unlikely to try that, no?

Without any Aussie bias, the best Aussie game is Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, it's so ridiculously good, that no matter how many new games Infinite Interactive makes, they'll unlikely make the game that good as original PQ is. (><)

Probably not too far wrong. I actually remember sitting down to play PQ2 on the iphone and wondering, "why not just play the original?". Kind of ruined the matching genre for me.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Man, it's hard coming up with my GOTY choices on Steam as I tended to buy games on console up until recently when I got a new laptop, and I've mostly been buying games in bundles or the sales since then, can't remember what was actually released in this year! My most played games this year were all released before 2013, pretty much. Got a few choices lined up though so will have a look around in my library and see if I can jog my memory.

Anyone knows if there really will be a second "mission"-pack for Saints Row 4? I bought the Season Pass for 2 keys and was kinda disappointed by the 45 minutes Enter the Dominatrix.
So I wonder if they forgot about the second "story"-DLC...

Edit: Okay. Just saw. The DLC was released today. I still think the seasonpass is too expensive. I am sure the second DLC also wont offer more than 1 hour of gameplay.

Thats an appropiate price for that. For 9,99€ normally its far too expensive.

I mean. The cutscenes in Enter the Dominatrix are just Artworks from the cancelled Stand-Alone Addon...
It kinda tells the story of what we would have gotten, but it was just not long enough. I finished it in like 45 minutes and if I would just count the gameplay-time, without cutscenes, it would be like maybe 20 minutes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
In a way I guess I'm grateful that ME3 isn't in Steam.

I guess that makes sense. Still don't know how the franchise got as big as it did with the original Saint's Row being as terrible as it was in nearly every aspect, and Volition flaunting their ineptitude with technical matters (performance, art style, overall graphics, etc.) for the longest time.

Maybe word of mouth? I heard people like Yahtzee can sway a bunch of sheep.

Maybe word of mouth? I heard people like Yahtzee can sway a bunch of sheep.
My personal theory is "the only (noteworthy?) one of its kind back when the console generation started," as Grand Theft Auto IV was still a long ways off and Saint's Row 1 was heavily advertised if I recall correctly unlike the Xbox 360-versions of Just Cause, Scarface and so forth.

Still can't fathom how so many were so willing to ignore the glaring faults (which were plentiful to put it lightly) it had though, and it even got good critical reception.

My personal theory is "the only (noteworthy?) one of its kind back when the console generation started," as Grand Theft Auto IV was still a long ways off and Saint's Row 1 was heavily advertised if I recall correctly unlike the Xbox 360-versions of Just Cause, Scarface and so forth.

Still can't fathom how so many were so willing to ignore the glaring faults (which were plentiful to put it lightly) it had though, and it even got good critical reception.
By the time GTA4 had come and the disappointment settled in for those that did not like its paring down of the crazier things like jetpacks and tanks, SR2 came by just a few months later and pretty much double downed on being the GTA that those who saw 4 as a step back would like.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hit 25% sync in Captain Kenway and the Curious Case of the Disappearing Saves. I'm getting there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom