• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh man, I don't know how. I beat it once and tried to do the other path in my 2nd play through and just couldn't do it. So many repeated dungeons!

Yeah, it's disgusting. I still think the concept of setting an RPG in a single city and having the story take place over a period of many years is a neat idea. If Bioware actually had the time to build enough levels and dungeons to make the game less stale, I would call it a classic.

If it ever comes out on steam at a reasonable price, I would recommend a purchase solely because of its narrative qualities.

Dr Dogg

Free For All shenanigans.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-DCD22B5D3939E864 - Taken by Wario64

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
So I can only get Volgarr or Steamworld Dig atm, I love platformer and metroidvania so yeah, what would you guys suggest?

Volgarr will last you longer, but if you don't feel like playing a game that requires significant effort for progression SWD is probably the better bet.

Get Volgarr and then grab Treasure Adventure Game for free at GOG for your Metroid fix. Both games are amaaaoansdfpoinzing.
Nabs
Still Can't Fucking Spell
(Today, 02:01 PM)

...actually, I really like that assemblage of letters you've strewn together

Backlogger

Humble Jumbo bundle
Extra games:
  • Sanctum Collection
  • Orcs Must Die GOTY
  • Cities in Motion 2

Hmm, still debating this. Basically if I beat the average I will get Sanctum 1 DLC, Orcs Must Die 1 & 2 DLC and Cities in Motion 2.

I'm not excited about that, but I know by the end of the day I will pull the trigger just to add to my Steam collection :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
i'm confused by this

spotlight_image_english.png

Origins is fantastic btw, but their decision to call it a 'franchise' sale and use the protagonist from DA2 is a questionable dick move

why would they do this to me

didamangi

Aitor

have fun
ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-24E02B53D53517AC - Taken by tylergregg

So is there anything nutty with acquiring or accessing all of the DLC for Dragon Age Origins? I remember back when the game originally came out you had to use a Bioware web portal and Bioware spacebucks.

ModBot said:
Instructions for C00kie M0nster:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Plain Dead Multiplayer -- MB-93DC0C3F54B6D849 - Taken by Ingueferroque

drizzle

Axel Hertz
As with every Dragon Age sale, I'm here to remind you that BioWare made every store-specific pre-order bonus DLC available for free for every platform, all you have to do is assign your account on this website:

http://social.bioware.com/da2/dlc_bundle/

Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age Origins Awakening and Dragon Age 2 free retailer-specific pre-order DLC for all.

Is the Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition + Awakening just the base game + the Awakening DLC?

If yes then EA kinda messed the price:

QgXzg1X.png

ZI95BSy.png

n2AxTpy.png

And what's the reason for the Ultimate edition not being available for purchase in Brazil?

Terra_Ex

So is there anything nutty with acquiring or accessing all of the DLC for Dragon Age Origins? I remember back when the game originally came out you had to use a Bioware web portal and Bioware spacebucks.

I think you still have to enter one of the codes you get from the purchase into the bioware social account thingy to get the DLC to work properly, I remember when I repurchased it on steam I got a code in addition to the standard CD key. (you may be able to work around this by editing an xml file iirc, but its been a long time since I played it).

Cleared the hardest thing I have done in Deadly Premonition so far
boss rush that seems 100 times harder than clearing the bosses one by one
and the game decided to crash THEN after staying up for hours :(

Dr Dogg

With the Ultimate Edition no, all the meaningful dlc and Awakenings are included (only the preorder dlc is missing and I think you can get that by just logging in with your EA account over on Bioware's site on a promo page). It gives you 2 cd keys and you do need to register one for the game and one for the dlc but after that it's all registered as installed. Origins vanilla though you'd have to get Bioware bucks and by them through their site so avoid that.

Sadly Mass Effect 1 (for Pinacle Station) & 2 sadly are only this way.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hopefully this isn't in reference to giving out Steam keys to those who bought their game previously... :|

I wanted to know what Steam app id 99 Levels is tied to so I could ascertain whether or not the massive influx of new apps/subs that occurred the other day was Valve just reserving listings for the recently-greenlit titles. I explain as much, thinking it'd increase my chances of getting a response, but alas my unlucky streak of developers/publishers ignoring me continues unabated.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Damn, Far Cry 3 was truly baller. All I have left is the 6 co-op achievements which I'll hopefully get later this month after peer-pressuring my friends to grab the game on the Christmas sale.

220240_2013-12-10_0008bzuf.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is the Dragon Age: Origins Digital Deluxe Edition + Awakening just the base game + the Awakening DLC?

as far as I remember, that's always the case when Dragon Age goes up for sale.

And what's the reason for the Ultimate edition not being available for purchase in Brazil?

It has never been available. Get an american to gift it to you. It's not available on the Russian/CIS region either. And it's like 7 dollars.

Shepard

QgXzg1X.png

ZI95BSy.png

n2AxTpy.png

Yeah, thats the reason why I bought both DAs from Origin. You can launch them without needing to launch the Origin client too, so there is that.

And Yet It Moves has a very clever game mechanic for sure. At first it seemed a bit easy but it's definitely not the case with this game, it's decently challenging. It really feels rewarding when you get past a difficult section and that's a sign of a good game. Really liked what I saw in my first session, unique indie titles are always welcome. Thanks to fellow gaffer arts&crafts for gifting this game again.

Has anyone received their retail FM09 & FM11 from cdon yet? I think I haven't.. I do have some packages to get from my post though, but I think it's only my new PC mouse and the five JRPGs that I bought to my PS3

Dr Dogg

Dragon Age has a DDE? Why was I not informed!

At this point I'm assuming you have all the oddities and variations outside of region specific subs.

That and I'm not going through your gigantic library to see what you might be missing. Probably take months :p

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Damn, Far Cry 3 was truly baller. All I have left is the 6 co-op achievements which I'll hopefully get later this month after peer-pressuring my friends to grab the game on the Christmas sale.

220240_2013-12-10_0008bzuf.png
Congrats! I got to the second island yesterday and I'm still having a blast, I'm even tempted to get all the loot boxes even though there's no counter or anything for those aside from the satisfaction of a cleared map.

as far as I remember, that's always the case when Dragon Age goes up for sale.

It has never been available. Get an american to gift it to you. It's not available on the Russian/CIS region either. And it's like 7 dollars.

I'm not in a hurry to purchase or even play this game and I can wait until a discount on Nuuvem, even if it's an Origin key.

Yeah, thats the reason why I bought both DAs from Origin. You can launch them without needing to launch the Origin client too, so there is that.

Good to know it.

Yeah, but it created one of the best OT's of all time on Gaf.

EDIT: Beaten D:

holy shit. This is incredible.

...and makes me sad because it's entirely true. I bought the hype, and preordered it. Terrible mistake.

It's a typical Ubisoft open world game full of dumb, pointless things to do and collect. The story missions are alright I suppose, but man what a disappointment that was coming from FC2.

So you're saying I should wait a bit to jump into FC3 after finishing AssCreedRev?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom