• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

before my time... I'm laughing so hard right now.

Thank you!

nexen

I love how in the last few posts of that thread there are some people saying DA2 didn't deserve the hate and that it is better than DA:O. I really didn't expect that.

I love how in the last few posts of that thread there are some people saying DA2 didn't deserve the hate and that it is better than DA:O. I really didn't expect that.

DA2 was mindless, but at least it wasn't as unbalanced and frustrating as DA:O.

They're both great, of course.

Also, after all that A for Awesome stuff, I can't help but notice there wasn't a single QTE in DA2.

derExperte

After that one insane dude declared Casablanca boring you've got to expect everything in here.
:p

Arthea

EA should learn how to sell their games on steam
cards EA, cards

Who is joking in here and who's serious? I haven't played DA2 and never planned to and now people are saying it's a great game?
Does not compute with what I know about it.

cards EA, cards

Who is joking in here and who's serious? I haven't played DA2 and never planned to and now people are saying it's a great game?

It's a pretty solid game. Haven't you learned by now that some people on GAF can be a little hyperbolic with their criticisms?
Proof:
blatant cash grab and highly disrespectful to DA's audience

nexen

cards EA, cards

I would wager that if you ran the numbers there would be far more 'against' than 'for'. But I have no real way of proving this.

I personally hate DA2 like fetid poison, and think it was a blatant cash grab and highly disrespectful to DA's audience, but to each their own.

It's a pretty solid game. Haven't you learned by now that some people on GAF can be a little hyperbolic with their criticisms?
DA2 is literally (Hitler + Stalin) x1000. The only thing worse in human history is MGS4.

Erekiddo

I'm torn. I already own the base Orcs Must Die 2, but I want the DLC. I already own everything else in this pack. If I purchase this bundle, will it let me redeem the OMD2 key?

FloatOn

I'm convinced half of steamgaf has good tastes and the other half likes awful shit like alpha protocol ironically.

I would say stick with your instincts on this one. It looks worse than fable.

MNC

Damn, Far Cry 3 was truly baller. All I have left is the 6 co-op achievements which I'll hopefully get later this month after peer-pressuring my friends to grab the game on the Christmas sale.

220240_2013-12-10_0008bzuf.png

I hear many conflicts. Most say the game falls apart after the first half but your opinions are usually pretty right. Enlighten me.

Diedac

Good Luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sanctum: Collection -- MB-2B1D0CB555B79D00 - Taken by scorpscarx. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-D8D529D75B9D3E7D - Taken by Khronico. 4 entrants total.

t1386706937z1.png

moar keyz

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-D85179BEFC04F1F0 - Taken by oipic. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die GOTY -- MB-7A010DA1CB7A20BF - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.

t1386706847z1.png

nexen

I'm convinced half of steamgaf has good tastes and the other half likes awful shit like alpha protocol ironically.

It really depends what you are looking for in a game. If you want a solid RPG, with decent mechanics that harkens back (but doesn't fully capture) the magic of the original Baldur's Gate, then you'd probably prefer DA:O. If you prefer having molten lava poured into your orifices while a powerdrill slowly bores its way through your skull, then maybe DA2 is for you.

Terra_Ex

cards EA, cards

DA2 was trash and my hatred of it and what it represents has only grown over time, the hours of your life that you waste trudging through it, you don't get those back. Of course now we have actual CRPGs on the horizon so Bio/EA's decision to run/streamline a promising franchise into the ground of far less importance than it is was back then. The internet shitstorm it evoked didn't come from nothing, so take that for what you will.

nexen

DA2 was trash and my hatred of it and what it represents has only grown over time, the hours of your life that you waste trudging through it, you don't get those back. Of course now we have actual CRPGs on the horizon so Bio/EA's decision to run/streamline a promising franchise into the ground of far less important than it is was back then. The internet shitstorm didn't come from nothing, so take that for what you will.

I'd bet solid money that DA3 will not be anywhere near as terrible and rushed as DA2.

Backlogger

So you're saying I should wait a bit to jump into FC3 after finishing AssCreedRev?

I'm really enjoying FC3. Its not FC2 though. The open world objectives in FC3 seem more structured to me than I remember from FC2. Its good in some ways because it makes it easier to get 100%, but it loses some of its open world feel.

ezekial45

Banned
I hear many conflicts. Most say the game falls apart after the first half but your opinions are usually pretty right. Enlighten me.

The first half is definitely stronger from a narrative and pacing standpoint, but the action gets pretty crazier in the last half of the game. It's still highly enjoyable throughout.

I know, right? It's completely impossible to appreciate some things about a game and not like others. Everything's either dogshit or GOTY, because that's far easier for me to understand.

Anteater

I haven't played either Dragon Age game but what could Dragon Age 3 offer that Witcher 3 doesn't?

Dragon age's combat is pretty different than the Witcher games especially since DA is a party based rpg with classes, I like that kind of games, a lot of rpgs have been solo-centric, like witcher, tes, deus ex and souls.

nexen

Dragon age's combat is pretty different than the Witcher games especially since DA is a party based rpg with classes, I like that kind of games, a lot of rpgs have been solo-centric, like witcher, tes, deus ex and souls.
Hey now, TES has companions. Somewhere. Probably stuck on a hill you climbed a few hours ago.

You're the guy who loved The Bureau, right? I would have thought you would be a little more sympathetic towards the idea of liking a game even when the world around you does not. :)

Arthea

If this is a sin then I am going straight to hell.

I'm sorry to break these news to you... but this is a hell. Dunno where you can go from here, may be to personal Jasec hell, but seeing as he's enjoying it, it might be improvement of sorts. ;)

Anteater

Hey now, TES has companions. Somewhere. Probably stuck on a hill you climbed a few hours ago.

I kept my companion the entire game in skyrim :lol

I never let them get stuck, it was like a game of its own getting my companion to our destination without using fast travel.

nexen

I'm sorry to break these news to you... but this is a hell. Dunno where you can go from here, may be to personal Jasec hell, but seeing as he's enjoying it, it might be improvement of sorts. ;)

The Chinese Hell of Amassing Steam Games You Never Have Time to Play.

I kept my companion the entire game in skyrim :lol

I never let them get stuck, it was like a game of its own getting my companion to our destination without using fast travel.
That is hard core. The mummified remains of my first companion lie somewhere on the map between Winterhold and Markham, I have yet to find her. I kept the vampire girl though, she doesn't die.

Stitch

Gold Member
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:

Rules for this Giveaway:

And Yet It Moves -- MB-A7C410F873608CA0 - Taken by Krystof Koreni
Snuggle Truck -- MB-5B9A1D1058530245 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

_

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Congrats! I got to the second island yesterday and I'm still having a blast, I'm even tempted to get all the loot boxes even though there's no counter or anything for those aside from the satisfaction of a cleared map.

I stopped bothering with them in the second half because my wallet was almost always full.

How does it feel being Ubisoft's target audience?

Amazing. I'm really looking forward to Ass Creed: Liberation, Watch_Dogs, Far Cry 4 and those two experimental games.

The second half is pretty much the same as the first half. I enjoy all the individual gameplay elements like climbing the towers, stealthing the outposts, hunting, assassinations, etc. and I was constantly mixing them up so I didn't run into any fatigue issues that people usually level as their complaint against the back half of the game.

Birbo

What's the best space shooter on Steam? Haven't really played one since X-Wing and the trailer for No Man's Sky has me jonesing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom