• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Eirik Suhrke, who did the Spelunky soundtrack and the song "A new morning" for Hotline Miami, has released ALL of his music for free on bandcamp for the remainder of the year. You will need to "Buy" the albums, and then set the price at $0 in the window.

ALL my music on bandcamp is free for the remainder of the year! Grab as much as you'd like. Merry xmas.

http://phlogiston.bandcamp.com/

Copons

Eh.
After the recent Italian political extravaganza I finally managed to download Typing of the Dead Overkill.

It's the complete wave of feels (.gif) I always wanted to convey with my Copons Adventures.
It completely changed the way I perceive things. Now when I see something I call them FUCKING something. Like, FUCKING cat, FUCKING dishwasher, FUCKING coffee cup that lies on my FUCKING table since FUCKING forever.
And I played just the first level.

Also, I noticed you can switch between UK and US dictionaries. I picked UK because I thought it would have been easier to type only super long series of "brilliant". Instead I got tons of words I never heard before, and most disappointingly, it doesn't change "fucking" with "bloody". :(

BTW, dear MR ORANGE, this is my 2013 GOTY list:

5. Typing of the Dead Overkill
4. FUCKING Typing of the Dead Overkill
3. FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCKING Typing of the Dead Overkill
2. I mean, it says OVERKILL in the name!
1. TYPING OF THE DEAD OVERKILL CAPS LOCK ENABLED

Sparey spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-3348DF2FCED0A15D - Taken by Belgarion
Plain Sight -- MB-BB6A72E9374EC3F8 - Taken by bornlivedie
And Yet It Moves -- MB-A343BE77EF699106 - Taken by FauX
Snuggle Truck -- MB-7B3F260BAF040E0D - Taken by nightstorm

chixdiggit

Eh.
BTW, dear MR ORANGE, this is my 2013 GOTY list:

5. Typing of the Dead Overkill
4. FUCKING Typing of the Dead Overkill
3. FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCKING Typing of the Dead Overkill
2. I mean, it says OVERKILL in the name!
1. TYPING OF THE DEAD OVERKILL CAPS LOCK ENABLED

Awesome game. Except I much prefer to play the House of the Dead mode with the Razer Hydra.

I really hate the Deadly Premonition Port.
I cant exit a certain shop at all. I enter it, wanna exit and the game always crashes...

Samurai Gunn is a lightning-fast Bushido brawler for two to four players.

It is kinda sad, but building up a community is the hardest thing for an indie-dev. I think only a lot of viral marketing before the release could do that like how Chivalry did it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Jesus the Steam Greenlight is full of crap. How do you people find anything of value in it at all?

We're going to let them all in so Steam can became a giant sea of shit to wade through like the app store.

Jesus the Steam Greenlight is full of crap. How do you people find anything of value in it at all?
The only time I vote for anything is if I see news posted that some game I already know about is on greenlight or if I see it in a bundle and find it somewhat interesting. I can't imagine a lot of people just sift through all of those entries.

Category G

Neo Member
I really hate the Deadly Premonition Port.
I cant exit a certain shop at all. I enter it, wanna exit and the game always crashes...

It is kinda sad, but building up a community is the hardest thing for an indie-dev. I think only a lot of viral marketing before the release could do that like how Chivalry did it.

Samurai Gunn is (sadly) local only, so they needn't worry about building a community.

oipic

I've got a problem Steam GAF. I had a night free with the family out so I did a rare multihour Steam binge where I installed and played for half an hour or so as many of the games that I was most interested in playing next. I figured that I could pick one or two to work though in the next month as well as disregard a few that I didn't like and move them off of the "on deck" area.

The problem is that I played through six games and I really liked all of them. Still can't figure out what to play next. My half hour or so impressions were as follows: <snip>

Great post (and avatar!), Fish - all these games are on my radar/backlog, and your impressions have helped me to re-jig them in the pecking order. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. :)

Tellaerin

sFdF5Er.gif

This is the Skyrim mod I've been waiting for.

Dat thousand-yard stare.

The_Monk

I just beat those two Bosses thanks to an amazing team player. To me Dark Souls, have, without a doubt the most helpful people Online. He also sent me a message with some tips since I was clearly bad at this boss fight and it did not help the fact that I did not have proper weapons, but I'm glad he was very patient and kind to help me.

I can't wait for Dark Souls II, any Day One GAFfers in here for said game?

brentech

Few more from Humble Jumbo Bundle

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-AEAC273E75ACA592 - Taken by InfiniteNine. 5 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-21BF799AC677B890 - Taken by Deadbeat. 8 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-13F66163D19778F1 - Taken by theMrCravens. 17 entrants total.

t1386726063z1.png

KarmaCow

I just beat those two Bosses thanks to an amazing team player. To me Dark Souls, have, without a doubt the most helpful people Online. He also sent me a message with some tips since I was clearly bad at this boss fight and it did not help the fact that I did not have proper weapons, but I'm glad he was very patient and kind to help me.

I can't wait for Dark Souls II, any Day One GAFfers in here for said game?

I'm waiting for confirmation that it's Steamworks so I can get the physical collectors edition.

derExperte

After destroying the first boss in Volgarr I feel more manly than I've ever felt
beating Demon's Souls may have come close
. So I'll just stop and pretend that the game has only one level.

Great post (and avatar!), Fish - all these games are on my radar/backlog, and your impressions have helped me to re-jig them in the pecking order. Thanks for taking the time to post your thoughts. :)

Yeah, I think we actually had a "half hour" games review thread that was focused on the concept that I liked. Not only is it helpful for picking out a next game to play, but it can be a pretty fun play session jumping from game to game and genre to genre. Helps to make me appreciate how fun and diverse my Steam library really is.

Copons

Awesome game. Except I much prefer to play the House of the Dead mode with the Razer Hydra.

I'm not really fond of the typing system myself, but its nonsense is a perfect fit in TOTD Overkill whateverxploitation genre.
I mean, I laugh just watching screenshots rotate in Steam store page! :D

If you just want to submit one game, that's fine, hit me up with a PM.

I know a few of you might find it hard to come up with 5 games from 2013 so feel free to submit less games if you want.

Nah man, I was just kidding! :)

I won't submit any list exactly because I haven't played many recent games.
And what's the point of saying "yeah my goty is Dark Souls"
ok, it came out in 2012, but it is my GOTY even though I had to abruptly stop it with GPU somehow failing it midgame
if I have played just that?
I mean, I have played more than five 2013 games, but still there is so much (in the goty/most-hyped area alone!) that I haven't (or can't) play, that my list's value would be zero.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

mystery humble jumbo bundle game #3 which is Cities in Motion -- MB-49F555FF84E3DCE3 - Taken by chiym1992
mystery humble jumbo bundle game #2 which is Sanctum -- MB-34C0209CB790DE33 - Taken by The Cowboy
mystery humble jumbo bundle game #1 which is Orcs -- MB-EE0E60FEE6AB0E9B - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom

I'm running out of ways to make this motif funny.

The_Monk

I'm waiting for confirmation that it's Steamworks so I can get the physical collectors edition.

Well... it has to be, right? Now I'm concerned, I mean, what other options are there? GFWL is ending soon and it would be really bad if physical form did not came with a Steam code.

Zia

Hey guys, buy Samurai Gunn. It is pixel-junk Smash Bros / Bushido Blade with guns. Very high skill-ceiling, lots of fun. If you have even one other person to play with it's a no-brainer. Up there with TowerFall and Super Pole Riders as the most fun I've had playing local MP in the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom