• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Hey guys, buy Samurai Gunn. It is pixel-junk Smash Bros / Bushido Blade with guns. Very high skill-ceiling, lots of fun. If you have even one other person to play with it's a no-brainer. Up there with TowerFall and Super Pole Riders as the most fun I've had playing local MP in the last couple years.

I would if I ever had people over, but no online multi kills it for me. :( Looks awesome though, I hope it does well. Couch experience games are far too few these days.

LAMBO

Oh man, dragon's age, Two worlds 2 and the gothic games all at the same time? Don't know when i'll get the chance to play them, have too many games already. May just wait i'm sure they'll be on sale again some day, but i doubt they'll ever get too much cheaper. Actually i played Gothic 2 and a lot of 3, and i heard the Arcamia game wasn't very good so i'll pass on those for sure. Is the Dragon's age ultimate edition worth the extra $2.50?

Acccent

Ha, I usually do minigames with my challenges, but I didn't feel like it this time (and I'd better save my ideas for the Sale :D )

<reposted in next page>

Juniors only though! have fun kids

Grief.exe

We're going to let them all in so Steam can became a giant sea of shit to wade through like the app store.

I agree there should be stricter moderation, but it does seem the cream does tend to rise to the top in terms of sales numbers and word of mouth through the PC scene.

dxhc99

The keys are back in town:

Highlight to see Steam Keys

4I32G-HN9M0-TDT3R
- something about sandwiches

WLEK7-Z330K-V0MZ7
- Long arms, very scary

Acccent

repost cause new page :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-A86767B2D614E2C7 - Taken by S1n1st3r
And Yet It Moves -- MB-F72E0DE71AEB21AB - Taken by topyy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Time to get this Winter Sale Hype Train moving.

GNGIOwa.png

People crafting badges are reporting getting these cards.

Steam changed the 'Dragon Age franchise' image from the store front. The fact that they even have that image makes me think there is about a 16.8% DA2 plagues its way onto the store.

Oh man, dragon's age, Two worlds 2 and the gothic games all at the same time? Don't know when i'll get the chance to play them, have too many games already. May just wait i'm sure they'll be on sale again some day, but i doubt they'll ever get too much cheaper. Actually i played Gothic 2 and a lot of 3, and i heard the Arcamia game wasn't very good so i'll pass on those for sure. Is the Dragon's age ultimate edition worth the extra $2.50?

Yes.

Momentary

Banned
Steam changed the 'Dragon Age franchise' image from the store front. The fact that they even have that image makes me think there is about a 16.8% DA2 plagues its way onto the store.

This pretty much confirms the rumors surrounding those extra apps on the registry from the same publisher as EA.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
All of the sale Snow Globe cards are tied to this App ID.

Which has very recently been touched.

Tellaerin

Is the Dragon's age ultimate edition worth the extra $2.50?

YES. What you get for the extra $2.50 is more than worth the price. I don't think I'd've enjoyed the game nearly as much if I had only played the vanilla version.

EA really needs to release a Mass Effect 3 Ultimate Edition, too. On Steam.

Nzyme32

Time to get this Winter Sale Hype Train moving.

People crafting badges are reporting getting these cards.

Well that may also answer the mysterious 80 to 100 steamDB entries; half normal, half foil or something.

Typically, steam is down, so I can't find out anything but.......... here we go again

Edit - SteamDB again showing everything got updated 10mins ago, just as steam went down. Well that answers that then

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Yep.
I really wanted to like it, but... let's put it this way.
I could make the same game rather quickly, and it wouldn't look all that much worse.
(I'm a really bad artist)

The disconnect between the pretty awesome 2D art and the really ugly looking 3D models is huge. I also hear the game doesn't control very well which is... kind of a deal breaker for a platformer.

Turfster

The disconnect between the pretty awesome 2D art and the really ugly looking 3D models is huge. I also hear the game doesn't control very well which is... kind of a deal breaker for a platformer.

Yeah, the 2D art is great (and I would not be able to reproduce it or even come close), but the 3D models and the wonky platforming controls? Yeah, that would be easy to reproduce.

Tesseract

Banned
Hey guys, buy Samurai Gunn. It is pixel-junk Smash Bros / Bushido Blade with guns. Very high skill-ceiling, lots of fun. If you have even one other person to play with it's a no-brainer. Up there with TowerFall and Super Pole Riders as the most fun I've had playing local MP in the last couple years.

no online makes it doa.

Tellaerin

Maia looks like it'd be right up my street, but I should probably hold off for now, especially with the Christmas sale right around the corner. If any of you guys happen to pick it up, some impressions would definitely be welcome.

Which is also local-only.

You guys need some (new) friends. : (

I don't think my friends want to huddle around my PC. :(

I thought I heard the devs were working on online play, but I checked and you're right. It's probably for the best, indie MP communities die within weeks.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think I thought Samurai Gunn was Towerfall or vice versa. Hahaha. I didn't realize there were two single screen wraparound local multiplayer OHKO-ish action fighting games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom