• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is the Metro Steam dev here? I kinda want to suggest about the steam "ads" having an indicator on how many pages it has

Steam. And you have good taste. Oh, but you should wait for the Winter sale, it'll most likely be $3.75 (assuming it's caught your interest because of the PSN sale).

They're about the same in my experience, now that the PSN version is patched. Vita still has slowdown in places and the Sony versions come with more characters unlocked and less achievements, but other than that, they're pretty much carbon copies.

its only 3.75 on PS3/Vita and its crossbuy I think? Should carry over to PS4 aswell

It's a good deal. Especially if you own more than one of the platforms.

What do you guys think of this bundle

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/indie-capsule-bundle/

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Blood of the Werewolf
Slender: The Arrival
And Yet It Moves
Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time
Plain Sight
Snuggle Truck

Its 3.50. I'm thinking its worth it for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet alone. is it?

I bought it... I didn't own Blood of the Werewolf and Slender; figured they were worth the price of admission -- gave a few codes to a friend; might have some to post up in here.

Found out there's an xinput wrapper for the DualShock 4 and it supports rumble, lightbar, and bluetooth. But the big news is that there's also a driver that allows you to use the touchpad as well, and it supports left clicking. This is going to be great once these drivers become more mature. Greatest controller.

I love using the DS4 but I've been using the x360ce method for it to get it to work because the other method (the one with the server) wasn't working for me with most games.

Which xInput wrapper are you talking about and where can I get it? I'd be interested in updating my usage if it's the x360ce one or maybe switching over if it works as well as the x360ce one (the only game I couldn't get that to work with properly was SR3 so far).

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Which xInput wrapper are you talking about and where can I get it? I'd be interested in updating my usage if it's the x360ce one or maybe switching over if it works as well as the x360ce one (the only game I couldn't get that to work with properly was SR3 so far).

This, I presume.

This, I presume.

Thanks -- if that's the original coder, I thought he had given up developing the program due to having screwed up his DS4 trying to get the additional features to work...
I wonder if the stuff works better now... I remember trying to get it to work with Rogue Legacy and Spelunky and having 0 luck. It worked with Sine Mora though.

I'll have to check it out and try it with rogue legacy shortly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Played through Gone Home tonight. What a beautiful story. It's left me a little depressed though...like I'm not going to get the same level of emotional involvement from another videogame story for a long while. I'm just sitting here and thinking that I don't even want to play anything else tonight...

There's some good stuff in the audio commentary, especially the Legend of Christmas Duck.

Has no one ever mentioned BetterDS3? This was a lot easier to do than using the xinput thingie IMO.

It works, but installing it is also kind of like the series of scooby doo where they opened pandoras box and different ghouls escaped everywhere.

Took them ages to clean that little mess up.

betterds39bums.gif

xinput is the only way to go.

Sajjaja

Has no one ever mentioned BetterDS3? This was a lot easier to do than using the xinput thingie IMO.

I use it. But people don't like that they have to use the Motioninjoy drivers (and thus require installing motioninjoy).

It works, but installing it is also kind of like the series of scooby doo where they opened pandoras box and different ghouls escaped everywhere.

Ages? It's been pretty snappy since release iirc.

Xinput: open zip, click thing, thing works

BetterDS3: actually this is the most accurate:

Thanks -- if that's the original coder, I thought he had given up developing the program due to having screwed up his DS4 trying to get the additional features to work...
I wonder if the stuff works better now... I remember trying to get it to work with Rogue Legacy and Spelunky and having 0 luck. It worked with Sine Mora though.

I'll have to check it out and try it with rogue legacy shortly.

If you press the PS-button anywhere in desktop it should show the XBox live thingy: if it doesn't install the 360 controller drivers from MS site. If it still doesn't work, copy the XInput1_3.dll from the Xinput Wrapper folder to the install location of your games exe (C:/STEAM/STEAMAPPS/COMMON/%GAMENAME%/GAME.EXE):

That's an OK deal, although I have mixed feelings about supporting Telltale's new "four games at once, but one episode every three months" strategy.

I don't understand why people think they're doing that.

True, they have four things announced, two of which happen to be overlapping (which is pretty much the first time this has happened), but Borderlands/GoT aren't going to be coming out within the next few months or anything. That would be insanity. They're both probably in pre-production with skeleton crew teams.

Studios can announce stuff, and not be in active development on each project concurrently.

Telltales no stranger to this even, having previously announced five series at once in the past (Walking Dead, Kings Quest, Hector Badge of Courage publishing, Fables (Wolf Among Us), and Puzzle Agent 2.

This is less in regards to your post in general, and more just to the wild flurry of fear, and doubt that a company like Telltale can handle "that many projects at once". They can, because only two are in active development.

It's a guess based on completely inductive reasoning
but watch it come true anyways.

It really won't. The Game of Thrones trailer is a pretty good indicator, being essentially a logo, with some sound and flavor text. There may be a handful of people on the high level aspect of it. Borderlands has character models, and a premise so I'd imagine that will come out before Game of Thrones, but after one of the current series wraps.

They've always been a multi-game studio, between episodic releases, and the licensed CSI team. Most of the fear is pretty unwarranted, as the company has grown a lot in number since the days of Sam & Max. It's just now people are finally noticing them, after Walking Dead came out, and freaking themselves out because two things are going on at once. Yes Walking Dead fell a little behind from their regular monthly schedule, but that was the first game of it's kind for the studio so there's going to be growing pains. Wolf Among Us is running into some delays as they focus on the sequel to biggest success the studio has seen, but it's largely it's own team. It's not just 30 guys in cubicles hobbling together four full series against each other with no plan though.

Miguel81

I use it. But people don't like that they have to use the Motioninjoy drivers (and thus require installing motioninjoy).

From my experience, it works much better than the xinput wrapper. The controls, vibration, everything--and you can use directinput and map out all of the buttons which is great. The driver is great, it's the software(DS3Tool) that's horrible.

Sajjaja

From my experience, it works much better than the xinput wrapper. The controls, vibration, everything--and you can use directinput and map out all of the buttons which is great. The driver is great, it's the software(DS3Tool) that's horrible.

It's not without it's flaws though. I've gotten a blue screen a few times, though rarely. I still use it fine about 98% of the time. Driver issue.

Tesseract

Banned

although i now use betterds3 to be safe, i've never had any problems with motioninjoy except for the occasional bsod.

It really won't. The Game of Thrones trailer is a pretty good indicator, being essentially a logo, with some sound and flavor text. There may be a handful of people on the high level aspect of it. Borderlands has character models, and a premise so I'd imagine that will come out before Game of Thrones, but after one of the current series wraps.

They've always been a multi-game studio, between episodic releases, and the licensed CSI team. Most of the fear is pretty unwarranted, as the company has grown a lot in number since the days of Sam & Max. It's just now people are finally noticing them, after Walking Dead came out, and freaking themselves out because two things are going on at once. Yes Walking Dead fell a little behind from their regular monthly schedule, but that was the first game of it's kind for the studio so there's going to be growing pains. Wolf Among Us is running into some delays as they focus on the sequel to biggest success the studio has seen, but it's largely it's own team. It's not just 30 guys in cubicles hobbling together four full series against each other with no plan though.

Asset creation for completely new series usually means a multi team studio is required to band together for a bit. For instance, the reason why TWAU was delayed is likely because the teams were working on asset creation for the Borderlands trailer. You could be right, however. Telltale obviously can't be terrible at budgeting time since they actually succeeded at episodic development.

Cade

betterds39bums.gif

xinput is the only way to go.

13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo! That was a weird one. Flim-Flam :(

Wooden Sen'SeY (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 1) keys are now available through Desura:
http://www.desura.com/games/wooden-sensey/keys

Thanks for the heads-up.

I vote both!

Good show, old chap! I concur!. If he buys both during sales, he'll still pay less than $10 for having it on both platforms and supporting a wonderful game. :D

If you press the PS-button anywhere in desktop it should show the XBox live thingy: if it doesn't install the 360 controller drivers from MS site. If it still doesn't work, copy the XInput1_3.dll from the Xinput Wrapper folder to the install location of your games exe (C:/STEAM/STEAMAPPS/COMMON/%GAMENAME%/GAME.EXE):

Ok, the latest revision of that thing is totally "bause".
I removed the x360ce configs I had in rogue legacy and spelunky and it worked like a charm in both. Further I tested out Pacman CE DX+ and Tiny Barbarian and both worked out of the box as well. I had problems with getting x360ce to work with Tiny Barbarian before and the DS4 would only work as direct input.

My one complaint at the moment is that the PS button brings up big picture mode. Which in turn throws an error... so...

Is there a way for me to (1) tell steam to disable big picture mode (it's not for me!) or (2) tell xinput to stop using the "guide" button to bring up big picture mode?

Wooden Sen'SeY (Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 1) keys are now available through Desura:
http://www.desura.com/games/wooden-sensey/keys

Is there a comprehensive list of Greenlight games that have been part of bundles which having them on Desura would result in getting a steam key once they're available on Steam?
I have a ton of games on Desura that weren't on Steam when I bought a ton of these bundles.

Thank you! You guys are wicked helpful and nice. I should post in here more often now that my gaming PC is built. :D

Miguel81

It's not without it's flaws though. I've gotten a blue screen a few times, though rarely. I still use it fine about 98% of the time. Driver issue.

I haven't gotten a bluescreen *knocks on wood* since using the 0.6 version. The work that he did getting full functionally out of it and that superb 360 pad emulator is commendable at least. I've compared both the Xwrapper and MiJ in PCSX2(native DS3 mode) and the former has huge deadzones on the analogs, which I can't stand personally.

Knurek

Not a damn peep about them. Hell we didn't even get downpour which is Unreal Engine 3.

We really need to kidnap Japanese game companies CEO and use enhanced interrogation techniques on them until they cough up all those missing game which by all reason should be on digital storefronts.

Miguel81

We really need to kidnap Japanese game companies CEO and use enhanced interrogation techniques on them until they cough up all those missing game which by all reason should be on digital storefronts.

Capcom have RE 1, 2, 3, and 4 in some janitor's locker, and let's not forget Dino Crisis 1 AND 2(all have PC ports waiting for a clean-up). Konami have MGS 1 and 2, and not a peep. It gets ridiculous listing this shit.

Capcom have RE 1, 2, 3, and 4 in some janitor's locker, and let's not forget Dino Crisis 1 AND 2(all have PC ports waiting for a clean-up). Konami have MGS 1 and 2, and not a peep. It gets ridiculous listing this shit.

RE: Konami
Don't forget the MGR:R port that's supposedly coming. No clue where the hell that one went.

Doesn't bode well for MGSV.

As far as Capcom goes -- hell, we can't even get RE4 on Steam. :(

Wok

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Aztaka -- MB-7F43F617F59B6397

t1386922088z1.png

Groupees game.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
A little birdy once told me that at least one of the Silent Hill PC ports were being pushed for a GoG release internally. It just never actually happened because, you know, Konami.

Sajjaja

I haven't gotten a bluescreen *knocks on wood* since using the 0.6 version. The work that he did getting full functionally out of it and that superb 360 pad emulator is commendable at least. I've compared both the Xwrapper and MiJ in PCSX2(native DS3 mode) and the former has huge deadzones on the analogs, which I can't stand personally.

I messaged the dev about it and he said that it was a driver issue so it's still entirely possible, but it has to do with using the USB. Sometimes I would unplug the USB and bam it would go BSOD, but if I just use Bluetooth, no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom