• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Dino D-Day... Everything about this game and the whole existence of this game is baffling and mind-insulting

troll-2-oh-my-gooood-o.gif

..worse yet, I said to myself I need to last one full match, and that was a longass match indeed. Though it seems I was a natural talent, 31/19 as I'm normally like 2/9 in CS.

Tellaerin

I assume you all know about the free Fallout 1&2 on gog.com, can I redeem them on steam in any way?

Actually, no, I didn't know. Thanks for the heads-up! More importantly, it's Fallout 1, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics. I already own 1 and 2 on GOG, but I don't (well, didn't) own Tactics, so this was a nice excuse to fill that hole in my library.

denx

So Dino D-Day... Everything about this game and the whole existence of this game is baffling and mind-insulting

..worse yet, I said to myself I need to last one full match, and that was a longass match indeed. Though it seems I was a natural talent, 31/19 as Iäm normally like 2/9 in CS.

I told you you shouldn't do it.

Dambrosi

Banned
Did the latest Beta client update kill Flash playback for anyone else? Reverting to normal client now to test.

EDIT: Nope, it's broken on the normal client as well. Some videos still work, though.

EDIT2: Oddly enough, if you can click on the "Watch in YouTube" button quickly enough, the in-client browser shows the video just fine! Something is up.

Dwarveys!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarves -- MB-FD89F524BF8E9488 - Taken by intheinbetween

DasFool

Here's another free Zeno Clash, watch out!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-E5B42675CE7EB428 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.

t1386882355z1.png

Tenrius

..worse yet, I said to myself I need to last one full match, and that was a longass match indeed. Though it seems I was a natural talent, 31/19 as Iäm normally like 2/9 in CS.

Fight the system! Become a pro Dino D-Day player!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Why does Steam keep giving me Killing Floor guest passes? I started Steam up and I had two, someone gave me the game as a gift from Humble Bundle and so I got two more guest passes.

I gave away the guest passes I had to random people, it just gave me two more. Why? I haven't even played the game myself yet.

RS4-

ModBot said:
Instructions for RS4-:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Sonic 3 and Knuckles -- MB-A1817773DAF93509 - Taken by Clawww

have fun! Let me know if it doesn't work.

Tellaerin

Just noticed this on the GOG Fallout giveaway page:

Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!

Rights holder change? They're removing them from the GOG shop? Wonder if that means they'll be delisted on Steam, too?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Heya folks, my game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! is now undergoing a short beta with brand new Steam Leaderboard challenges. Woo!

It would be awesome for those who have the game to opt-in so I can see how the leaderboard calls/API is working.

Here's more info: http://steamcommunity.com/games/247020/announcements/detail/1747692606535315956

I plan on giving away a few more copies of the game but I know NPDs are about to shut down the forum, so I'll do it later tonight. :D

RS4-

Heya folks, my game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! is now undergoing a short beta with brand new Steam Leaderboard challenges. Woo!

It would be awesome for those who have the game to opt-in so I can see how the leaderboard calls/API is working.

Here's more info: http://steamcommunity.com/games/247020/announcements/detail/1747692606535315956

I plan on giving away a few more copies of the game but I know NPDs are about to shut down the forum, so I'll do it later tonight. :D

:eek: omg; have on tablet, need it on Steam.

Cooool thanks!

Np! Enjoy.

Done!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Random educational PC gaming post:

A driver level feature that is often overlooked and completely forgotten is Nvidia's forcible Ambient Occlusion. While pretty common in modern games it is a really neat thing to add in to random older games that they supported with it, while not looking overly high-tech and absurd against older graphics. The concept is the same as forcing anti-aliasing. Check the list in Nvidia Inspector to see if the game has a compatibility code or another game from the same engine does. Select the code and then check off the the force AO option and select the quality level.

I was messing around with Fallout: New Vegas this afternoon while preparing for my final achievement run and I snapped a couple comparison pictures. I recommend opening them up in separate tabs and flipping between the two to best observe the subtle, yet depth adding effect.

Example 1, Building Interior:
Ambient Occlusion ON
Ambient Occlusion OFF

Example 2, Building Exterior:
Ambient Occlusion ON
Ambient Occlusion OFF

I tend to forget about this feature and I'm pretty sure most people buying Nvidia cards don't even know it exists. So hopefully someone finds this useful or enlightening.

Random educational PC gaming post:

A driver level feature that is often overlooked and completely forgotten is Nvidia's forcible Ambient Occlusion. While pretty common in modern games it is a really neat thing to add in to random older games that they supported with it, while not looking overly high-tech and absurd against older graphics. The concept is the same as forcing anti-aliasing. Check the list in Nvidia Inspector to see if the game has a compatibility code or another game from the same engine does. Select the code and then check off the the force AO option and select the quality level.

I was messing around with Fallout: New Vegas this afternoon while preparing for my final achievement run and I snapped a couple comparison pictures. I recommend opening them up in separate tabs and flipping between the two to best observe the subtle, yet depth adding effect.

Example 1, Building Interior:
Ambient Occlusion ON
Ambient Occlusion OFF

Example 2, Building Exterior:
Ambient Occlusion ON
Ambient Occlusion OFF

I tend to forget about this feature and I'm pretty sure most people buying Nvidia cards don't even know it exists. So hopefully someone finds this useful or enlightening.

Neat, I didn't know AO was something that could be forced.

Copons

So... is there someone who still needs Zeno Clash?

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Zeno Clash -- MB-5A249C5DD6D0B0D5 - Taken by Rand6

*shrud*, trying to shake off my memories from that game that shouldn't mentioned. I installed it already but can feel my rig aching from the dirt stain it left.

Not sure what game I should launch next, I'm downloading Alan Wake now from my library but not sure whether I'll give it a go yet.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Just took the liberty of banging out a 110 order perfect day in order to be #1 in the world on the leaderboards.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Killing Floor -- MB-9B41928CB19134E2 - Taken by ChaoticEko. 2 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-9322511538ED47FB - Taken by gabrielt16. 3 entrants total.
Oozi Earth Adventure -- MB-63FB9A8FFACD6848 - Taken by Lain. 8 entrants total.
Cities in Motion 2 -- MB-6229F3DCE0D161A6 - Taken by Whooter. 7 entrants total.
Dwarfs -- MB-75AC4CDB16390963 - Taken by itllgrobak. 2 entrants total.
Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-6EE1DC82C644157F - Taken by Ifrit. 9 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-D459A1C8AA7B6624 - Taken by WavekSra. 1 entrants total.

t1386884516z1.png

ChaoticEko

Neo Member
Anybody interested in going in on a Starbound 4-pack?

I've been really interested in getting it, figured i'd see if anyone is interested in saving a few bucks.

I really enjoyed these games, so I'm giving them away so someone else can have fun :)
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-FD6A2EA218008B30 - Taken by Kanokare. 16 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-0A13D636C7378A25 - Taken by Iron Badger. 1 entrants total.

t1386885281z1.png

Backlogger

Just noticed this on the GOG Fallout giveaway page:

Rights holder change? They're removing them from the GOG shop? Wonder if that means they'll be delisted on Steam, too?

I can't even get through checkout to "secure" the games since the site is so bogged down. Been trying all day.

Edit: Nevemind! finally worked. Been wanting these for a long time :) I remember when the first Fallout came out and seeing it at Best Buy

Faabulous

Not sure if there exists humans on earth that don't own Magicka, but since I don't need this...
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Magicka Plus DLC -- MB-305585A4FB7A2780 - Taken by ChaoticEko

Hinomura

Floating keys incoming!

ModBot said:
I am exchanging 26 Steam keys for Gaffers souls. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can entry for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win, your soul won't be charged more than once.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

And Yet It Moves -- MB-D0BF5D68C1475A66 - Taken by More_Badass. 2 entrants total.
Blades of Time Limited Edition -- MB-8644420A43E6E010 - Taken by Annubis. 19 entrants total.
Cognition Ep. 1 -- MB-32CBFAD66FD16D2B - Taken by tylergregg. 5 entrants total.
Cognition Ep. 2 -- MB-30F90DA26F96B204 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.
Defy Gravity -- MB-FBE4ED5962391B8C - Taken by Diedac. 7 entrants total.
Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-B6D119D90009397B - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Doc Clock Toasted Sandwich of Time (2) -- MB-3210A174C66E9AFD - Taken by Htown. 2 entrants total.
Dwarfs!? (HumbleBundle) -- MB-1169C0258B820510 - Taken by Ezra2680. 5 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-A484BA0BE544FB01 - Taken by Arthea
Hacker Evolution Duality (2) -- MB-6B4A3D6E69264907 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Hacker Evolution Duality Hardcore Package 1 -- MB-5DDE9659405EE1E3 - Taken by Eila
HE Duality Inception Part 1 DLC -- MB-1894946248EFE9CB - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
HE Duality Inception Part 2 DLC -- MB-2A430537995802B6 - Taken by Henry Swanson
HE Duality Inception Part 3 DLC -- MB-1072226DA5568214 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Huntsman The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-2756C01A34AEDAE4 - Taken by KenOD. 7 entrants total.
Killing Floor (HumbleBundle) -- MB-B6BA6F517C4D0F2D - Taken by grindamasta. 4 entrants total.
Pacific Storm Allies -- MB-D464D05D58D7B50B - Taken by Vastag. 5 entrants total.
Plain Sight -- MB-A30C7CA97C3BAEAC - Taken by WinterDemons. 1 entrants total.
Rush Bros -- MB-C2613F106AC0ED0C - Taken by Camel Master. 12 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse -- MB-CA204F4DDA09469B - Taken by sapsari. 4 entrants total.
Skyward Collapse #2 -- MB-C200EA3AA17EF5FD - Taken by dinopoke. 5 entrants total.
Slender The Arrival -- MB-844C8903E366BF07 - Taken by drakaenae. 22 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-99BE3410B33BAA8F - Taken by Colin.. 3 entrants total.
STCC II -- MB-1D39DD07D77885DC - Taken by Relax.MX. 2 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-572D92D52E4A8385 - Taken by RS4-. 26 entrants total.
Zeno Clash (HumbleBundle) -- MB-FCF7C7EACA9B9F33 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 3 entrants total.

t1386896126z1.png

Noticed there were 3 entrants for Orcs must die from Inframan's giveaway so here's another one:

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-CB743D4EC15E8EF6 - Taken by nightstorm. 7 entrants total.

t1386886721z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom