• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay for Jshackles, no more steamprices! :D

Also, something very useful for Hearthstone players around here:

How to use Steam Overlay on Hearthstone:

Create a Wordpad and paste this:

Save it as steamoverlay.vbs and put it on Hearthstone's folder.

Then add Hearthstone.exe on the Add a game that is not from Steam and change in properties the location of the executable to:

It will open some cscripts, but you can ignore those, now you can use Steam overlay and Steam people can see that you are playing :D

NOTE: you have to change the folders if you have Hearthstone installed in a drive different than C:, also, you will also have to change Battle.net folder manually, since the four numbers are different every time.
Do you think this will work for games where the overlay does not work when launched properly from Steam? i.e. Splinter Cell Chaos Theory gets no overlay unless I add it as a non-steam game, which is really flipping weird.

Grief.exe

Yay for Jshackles, no more steamprices! :D

Also, something very useful for Hearthstone players around here:

How to use Steam Overlay on Hearthstone:

Create a Wordpad and paste this:

Save it as steamoverlay.vbs and put it on Hearthstone's folder.

Then add Hearthstone.exe on the Add a game that is not from Steam and change in properties the location of the executable to:

It will open some cscripts, but you can ignore those, now you can use Steam overlay and Steam people can see that you are playing :D

NOTE: you have to change the folders if you have Hearthstone installed in a drive different than C:, also, you will also have to change Battle.net folder manually, since the four numbers are different every time.

Thanks for that. When I was playing Hearthstone, I would just open a notepad file in Steam and then open Heaethstone manually.

MRORANGE

Hey Ho, Daily Reminder time!
sorry!

<-- click for info.

t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken, Lain, hitoshi, adaen, Blizzard, Boss Doggie, Khronico, Jørdan, Faabulous, Ryne, Widdly Scuds, Glass Rebel, grindamasta, Tellaerin, blackMamba1187, 28 Posts Later, Angel Abaddon, sprinkles, Accent, nexen, denx, Santiako, not psycho, Milamber,

I restarted Steam and saw that I had a new item in my inventory. I was excited for a booster pack, but it's only a 20% coupon for Velocity. Did anyone else get this?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-5CF8DA918578BFC0 - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom
Killing Floor -- MB-7C7C237516DD46F2 - Taken by Clawww

Turfster

Anyone going to bite on the Square Enix "Christmas Surprise"?

It's 6.49€ for 4 Surprise SE games (steam keys).

Couple of people bit after I posted it, and we had a bit of a discussion about what the games might be. Of course, we won't find out for sure before the 20th.

IlludiumQ36

I'm not going to lie; I sincerely thought I was being trolled when I saw the store page for OMSI:2. A bus simulator - Is this for real?

Even now, after looking at it again.....still not sure.

Anyone going to bite on the Square Enix "Christmas Surprise"?

It's 6.49€ for 4 Surprise SE games (steam keys).

I bought one and will report the games when SE sends them on 20th. I think Just Cause 2, Hitman: Absolution are pretty safe bets, maybe throw in a Kane and Lynch 2. Probably not that great of a pack but it's not a bad price. I'm hoping for Sleeping Dogs though because that looks great with the high texture pack on PC.

Freezard

I bought one and will report the games when SE sends them on 20th. I think Just Cause 2, Hitman: Absolution are pretty safe bets, maybe throw in a Kane and Lynch 2. Probably not that great of a pack but it's not a bad price. I'm hoping for Sleeping Dogs though because that looks great with the high texture pack on PC.

Supreme Commander 2 maybe.

def sim

The only 2013 games I've played that I can remember is Dead Space 3 and Rogue Legacy.

Well, nuts.

edit: holy cow i've just completely forgotten about the ps4/xbox games i've played this past month lol

The_Monk

Couple of people bit after I posted it, and we had a bit of a discussion about what the games might be. Of course, we won't find out for sure before the 20th.

Alright, I'm going to be checking out and wishing you all good luck. I have the main SE Titles and the ones I don't I believe I can get them for a neat price since they are older titles.

----

MRORANGE, sent you a PM. Only 3 Titles worthy of mention. Going to keep my Backlog cleaning in next year too.

Thanks for Rush Bros Hinomura!

Damn there's big storm outside my house, hopefully it doesn't blow the roof up.
it's probably nature's way to punish me from my Dino D-Day sins

Colin.

Oh dear, looks like I have won 2 copies of Snuggle Truck today. Second copy being from Hinomura. What does one do in this situation, should I give it away myself?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
On the +side origin isn't as bad as GFWL/Uplay. It's pretty much better than steam in its first years.
Ubisoft actually allows me to get all DLC through Steam and it's automatically downloaded with the games when I access them in the future.

Uplay is trash, but Ubisoft doesn't treat Steam users like pieces of shit the way EA does.

def sim

It bums me out that Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 and all the series DLC just isn't on Steam. EA has created such a clusterfuck for PC gamers.

Yeah, its put me off the games on PC for now. I'm hoping they release a complete edition when the inevitable collection for the new consoles are made.

At least you got one at some point. For me they effectively have never existed.

Well, it might just be in the number of games I've farmed the cards from... sheer numbers should count for something. :D

It bums me out that Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 and all the series DLC just isn't on Steam. EA has created such a clusterfuck for PC gamers.

I could swear they said they'd start putting their games back on Steam once all DLC was available to be bundled with it (see: Crysis 2), yet here we are with no Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3 or even Dragon Age 2. :\

--

Stupid question -- when I was clicking through my keys from that Humble sale with Zeno Clash 2 earlier, it redeemed Killing Floor to my account even though I most definitely own Killing Floor already. I noticed I now have two guest passes. Was I given anything else or did I miss out on another code to gift?

Colin.

Thought I would include a few keys of my own for this giveaway, along with Snuggle Truck (originally provided by Hinomura). Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tropico 3 -- MB-563287BF3EF59BF5 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Snuggle Truck -- MB-99BE3410B33BAA8F - Taken by Ingueferroque. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-08314FD22E0F9FD5 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 2 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-1BEAB3A0B18AD35D - Taken by ZeroCoin. 1 entrants total.

t1386898422z1.png

Fox318

How's Indiegala been for people around here?

I bought the Codemasters bundle, but never received the keys. Tried using the key resender, but no avail. Contacting those guys via e-mail doesn't help either.
I didn't have any problems? Did you check your profile?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I could swear they said they'd start putting their games back on Steam once all DLC was available to be bundled with it (see: Crysis 2), yet here we are with no Dead Space 3 or Mass Effect 3 or even Dragon Age 2. :\

None of those games actually have a "complete" edition with the DLC built in. Even Dragon Age 1 was a mess with the complete edition still having DLC that had to be activated and downloaded by hand IIRC.

A few extras from Humble Bundles:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-EA12E2595F446D31 - Taken by NaM
Dwarfs?! -- MB-6BCE0F082658CBEF - Taken by Pakkidis
Batman Arkham Asylum -- MB-9B615F18621D0427 - Taken by Lighthouse
Batman Arkham City -- MB-491AF61A9034AE68 - Taken by Vazduh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom