• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I was checking post history looking for something old and found a gem of a thread. Dragon Age II was gearing up for release and the Signature edition was not available on Steam. A storm of discussion popped up around whether or not EA was leaving Steam or trying to leverage Origin and punish Steam.

BioWare's official response:
... the deal with Steam was not available in time for the Signature Edition offer. I know this will not prevent you from thinking this was a big conspiracy [to devalue Steam or improve Origin], but the deal was not finalized in time for the Signature Edition. However, we are pleased to now have a deal in place with Steam for Steam users such as yourself. You did have the option of pre-ordering through a physical retailer or otehr digital retailers. If you chose not to, that was your decision. As such, comments accusing us of "ripping off" people are not welcome here and will be considered spam with all implied penalties associated with posting spam on these forums.

As for The Black Emporium, Fadeshear and the Lion of Orlais, the Black Emporium is available for all new copies of DAII, so that does include Steam. Fadeshear and Lion of Orlais are also available on Steam as long as you pre-order. They are only available as pre-order items and will not be available once the game launches, but they are available on Steam until teh game ships.

Oh wait DA2 got pulled from Steam and EA basically hasn't released anything on there since! No conspiracy though, just a fluke of not being able to sign the contracts. No bigger plan or anything.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
The roguelike Tales of Maj'Eyal has been released on Steam with 1,225 achievements and Workshop support. The dev says any donators will get Steam keys, which includes buyers of Indie Royale's Debut Bundle 3.

The keys will likely be given out on the game's website, www.te4.org and you can sign in there through your Steam account or make an account manually, then input your key here to get donator status on your account. This should prepare you to receive your Steam key when they do go out.

Nabs

I was checking post history looking for something old and found a gem of a thread. Dragon Age II was gearing up for release and the Signature edition was not available on Steam. A storm of discussion popped up around whether or not EA was leaving Steam or trying to leverage Origin and punish Steam.

BioWare's official response:

Oh wait DA2 got pulled from Steam and EA basically hasn't released anything on there since! No conspiracy though, just a fluke of not being able to sign the contracts. No bigger plan or anything.

Fun times. A lot of people missed the days of EA jerking us around with pre-orders (DA2, Shift 2, Alice, etc) and wonder why we don't fuck with Origin.

Grief.exe

The roguelike Tales of Maj'Eyal has been released on Steam with 1,225 achievements and Workshop support. The dev says any donators will get Steam keys, which includes buyers of Indie Royale's Debut Bundle 3.

The keys will likely be given out on the game's website, www.te4.org and you can sign in there through your Steam account or make an account manually, then input your key here to get donator status on your account. This should prepare you to receive your Steam key when they do go out.

How did they even come up with that many achievements!?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It looks like they went the Xenoblade style of simply counting most everything and reusing it numerous times. Kill a 1000 enemies, kill 3000 enemies, etc. Get to level 10 of the dungeon, get to level 20, etc. Get 1000 gold, get 2000 gold, etc.

I'm till highly interested though. I may buy it just to see how many I could actually get through.

rybrad

How did they even come up with that many achievements!?
The game already has a bunch so they just converted them to Steam. To answer your question on the quantity, it is because each achievement has 4 levels based on difficulty level so it is 4x the number of unique achievements.

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Star Wolves 3: Civil War -- MB-589A64500F0BF461 - Taken by tylergregg. 2 entrants total.
Alien Spidy -- MB-93EA6D318C2B943B - Taken by corrosivefrost. 2 entrants total.
Dollar Dash -- MB-C99EB007AC5A3779 - Taken by bkw. 2 entrants total.
Huntsman: The Orphanage (Halloween Edition) -- MB-BA385FF8331F8866 - Taken by Intheflorsh. 3 entrants total.
The 39 Steps -- MB-F474668307274A93 - Taken by C4rter. 1 entrants total.
Lucius -- MB-7093213E202B5E12 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-EFEDA140AA200ED8 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 8 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality & 4DLC -- MB-48047BCBADAE28C2 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Colin McRae DiRT 2 -- MB-2044AA51749B9D82 - Taken by gwynplaine. 9 entrants total.
Bang Bang Racing -- MB-8A18F763C7EC7697 - Taken by Dipper145. 2 entrants total.

t1386917592z1.png

Deques

1225 achievements! That's insanely a lot. Looks like I bought the debut bundle, I am happy, I will probably get all achievements in this game

How's Indiegala been for people around here?

I bought the Codemasters bundle, but never received the keys. Tried using the key resender, but no avail. Contacting those guys via e-mail doesn't help either.

It happened to me once, contacted them and they added the keys to my profile after a few hours.

Try contacting them again, you should have no problem getting your keys.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So did anyone figure out what the deal was with the 100 new subs in Steamdb the other day?

Zaxis ignored my e-mail so I'm just waiting for one of the subs/apps to get a name. Alternatively, the sooner a recently-greenlit developer sends out early Steam keys, the sooner we'll know whether or not they relate to Greenlight, since the activation window will mention which of the nondescript subs was activated.

DukeBobby

From the hour or so I've played, The Last Express seems very interesting, but damn, the animation is so choppy. It runs at, like, 5 FPS.

SparkTR

Oh, cool, would be my first time using a mod as well. So I just download and install the mod, or do I need it in a certain folder?

There should be a readme file in the download that explains everything, it's just an installer I think. The RC mod already includes the Unofficial patch, so just download that.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Did they finally fix the mouse controls for the Steam version. Playing this game on a gamepad is such a horrible experience. Loved the non Steam version with the mouse controls that worked.

They feel fine to me, atm. I'm not the best judge though, seeing as though this is my first time playing it.

Lain

Seems I got lucky twice today.
Thanks for Cook, Serve, Delicious! Chubigans!
If I end up liking it, I'll be sure to gift a copy away in the future.

Merry Killing Christmas

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash -- MB-2BD6B2EF0D46D474 - Taken by InfiniteNine
Killing Floor -- MB-3C2C04A9E7EA191B - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

Don't have many Steam keys to giveaway, but you guys helped me a lot this year so here's an early Christmas giveaway.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this.
giveaway.

Shelter -- MB-F11A3D1D7920F28D - Taken by Letters
Saira -- MB-A83B4A2B2DE54206 - Taken by SSPssp

Anteater

When was the last time Alice was on sale on steam? I know EA games have been getting discounts a lot but it was always... Crysis if I remember correctly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Some recent Halo 3 on Steam evidence popped up? And Gears too?

Where can I read more about it, google is only giving me old Halo 3 results and nothing about Gears.

He's joking. There's no clear indication as to what the apps/subs pertain to just yet.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
So I started playing Anomaly: Warzone Earth a little bit. It seems thus far like it's a reverse tower defense game, where you are the "creeps". At first I was like, "oh, that's sort of clever" but then I thought about it and was like "isn't that pretty much every game ever? you try to navigate through a barrage of enemies?".

Do I get to build my own towers and shit if I progress through the game more (I think i'm on level 2 or 3)? I think I don't like it so far because there's too much random shit that happens where you have to have played the level to know how to react because some unpredictable event causes you to have to change your path.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom