• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Mass Effect 3 :(

My OCD rages that I cannot complete my "collection" of games for those franchises.
I guess the reason Crysis 2 made it back was because of Crytek, not EA.

Seems a lot of the contention has to do with the games having in-game stores for purchase of DLC which can only be purchased via Origin, which Steam won't allow. :\

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Serious Sam 3 BFE

m0Ehr.gif

neoemonk

It bums me out that Dead Space 3 and Mass Effect 3 and all the series DLC just isn't on Steam. EA has created such a clusterfuck for PC gamers.

I would pick up DA 2 if I could get it for $5. Probably would have by now if it ever made it to Steam. I really enjoyed the first one. In fact it is my second most played Steam game behind Dark Souls.

My OCD rages that I cannot complete my "collection" of games for those franchises.

Seems a lot of the contention has to do with the games having in-game stores for purchase of DLC which can only be purchased via Origin, which Steam won't allow. :

I enjoyed Mass Effect 3. I went for the Journey, not for the destiny (because the end was the most complained aspect of the game). For reference I also finished Mass Effect 1 and Mass Effect 2 (twice) and wouldn't mind double dipping on PC.
I hated the endings, but I would still double dip to complete the collection.

Grief.exe

I enjoyed Mass Effect 3. I went for the Journey, not for the destiny

I'm looking to pick up Journey on PS3, looks like a great game.

Seems a lot of the contention has to do with the games having in-game stores for purchase of DLC which can only be purchased via Origin, which Steam won't allow. :\

We should compare and contrast how long it took for Crysis 2 Maximum Edition to launch on Steam so we can ballpark when Crysis 3 will show up.

The_Monk

I'm looking to pick up Journey on PS3, looks like a great game.

Loved that game. Amazing soundtrack and I know this is going to sound strange but I really liked the Story (because the game made it possible for me to make my own Story).

---

For the upcoming Winter Sale I hope there's some hidden 2013 titles that can bring some attention. For example, Knock-Knock was a game that after Halloween went under the radar but I found the level of creepiness in that game pretty high. I also found the Art Style quite interesting.

RS4-

So I'm looking back at my account which I started in 2008; previously had one of those early Steam ones back in the day when I worked at a netcafe and lost the pw/email for it.

First purchase I made: L4D. For $45. Never again.

Turfster

Loved that game. Amazing soundtrack and I know this is going to sound strange but I really liked the Story (because the game made it possible for me to make my own Story).
Yeah, I spent half an hour looking for a stranger I'd met on my travels once we reached
the mountain and we lost each other in the snow
. Such a great game and experience.

To stick to Steam, Gamefly expanded their BYOB for 2K with Bioshock Infinite, Brave New World, Mafia II Deluxe. Note that not all the games are Steam keys (Civ 4, Pirates! and Stronghold aren't as far as I can see)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
aw yeah

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Cook, Serve, Delicious!, #3 -- MB-225B984B71A95484 - Taken by NaM. 18 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, #2 -- MB-18582A61B5A00B5D - Taken by super-famicom. 33 entrants total.
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, -- MB-569D54541DD7D927 - Taken by Lain. 21 entrants total.

t1386910797z1.png

maneil99

So I'm looking back at my account which I started in 2008; previously had one of those early Steam ones back in the day when I worked at a netcafe and lost the pw/email for it.

First purchase I made: L4D. For $45. Never again.

by that logic we should never buy games at launch :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bioshock 2 -- MB-DFE2BBBF33138C58 - Taken by Anteater. 17 entrants total.

t1386911112z1.png

This is a old retail key so it should come with Minerva's Den. Good luck

jediyoshi

Yay for Jshackles, no more steamprices! :D

Also, something very useful for Hearthstone players around here:

How to use Steam Overlay on Hearthstone:

Create a Wordpad and paste this:

Save it as steamoverlay.vbs and put it on Hearthstone's folder.

Then add Hearthstone.exe on the Add a game that is not from Steam and change in properties the location of the executable to:

It will open some cscripts, but you can ignore those, now you can use Steam overlay and Steam people can see that you are playing :D

NOTE: you have to change the folders if you have Hearthstone installed in a drive different than C:, also, you will also have to change Battle.net folder manually, since the four numbers are different every time.

Thanks !

The first few games I bought were bundles I think, HL2 silver pack, the orange box, L4D series, I regret nothing.gif

My first three games that I bought on steam and retail were, Left 4 Dead Retail, Winterbottom and Rocket Knight but I have two complimentaries (Portal - Complimentary (Opt In) and NVIDIA Portal: The First Slice).

Erekiddo

I received $84 in an Amazon gift card from a series of errors on Amazon's part which they rectified. Ultimately, I'd like to turn this into Steam money - is there any place that sells cards that accepts Amazon payments?

I thought I could just buy a Gamestop gift card and then just buy a Steam card from them.. but per Amazon's rules, you can't use gift card money to buy another gift card.

Arg!

Zeno Clash!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Zeno Clash -- MB-D45C9488610D9FA6 - Taken by Gravelord_Nito

rav

First three games on steam (according to the transactions page)

Half-Life Platinum Pack
Condition Zero
Half-Life 2 Gold

HL: Added my retail key.
CZ: I believe I purchased on steam, but it was before they kept records?
HL2 Gold: Purchased on steam, but all three (and many more around it) are listed as complementary. I still have the posters, hat, and art book too. I still have my e3 2003 announce shirt too.

I received $84 in an Amazon gift card from a series of errors on Amazon's part which they rectified. Ultimately, I'd like to turn this into Steam money - is there any place that sells cards that accepts Amazon payments?

I thought I could just buy a Gamestop gift card and then just buy a Steam card from them.. but per Amazon's rules, you can't use gift card money to buy another gift card.

Arg!

I'm not sure you can switch to steam bucks with your gift card money but Amazon does sell steam codes for a large number of games. They are pretty good at price matching steam during the sales so you can just buy it from amazon if they have it and input the code they give you into steam.

Sajjaja

My first steam game was Counter Strike back in 2003/4 when I was in Grade 4. lol, actually, I found a CD key of CS online somewhere and I tried it in my account and it worked! I was so surprised. I specifically remember joining a server and the people in it were trying to jump ontop of each other to create a tower of people. Was pretty funny. My alias during that time was Soaker.

I have no idea what happened to that account. I had to create the one I have now much later. But my first purchase for this account was Day of Defeat Source.

Three first games i purchased on steam:

Left 4 Dead Bundle
Killing Floor
AI War: Fleet Command

Valve games were popular for those steam first timers eh.

Arg!

Head over to the B/S/T thread and see if someone is willing to buy it off you (if possible).
You might have to give up a couple bucks (say $84 Amazon credit for $78) or something, but then you could just use the $78 in paypal or whatever to fund your steam wallet. It's a little convoluted, but it would work if you could find a buyer.

--

The first game I bought was Torchlight. I got some gifts/freebies prior to that.

Man the enhanced Steam thing is way off on my spending. :lol

--

RealityExists
(Today, 09:42 PM)

Reality sucks D:

No no no. Reality BITES.
See what I did there?

FloatOn

man you know you've had a craptastic day when you can't even muster up the energy to play a steam game.

so now I drink and sleep. sorry to bitch.

FloatOn

Reality sucks D:

just today. could be worse tho

Starbound beta is a magical thing and all but truth be told I'm not even all that excited about games these days. I'm just kind of biding my time for dark souls 2 in march.

Those Finals.

ha I wish. I'm actually going back to school in january. my wife rear ended someone today and this guy from corporate audited my audit and it wasn't all that great. I only took over this position in the middle of Q3 so I'm not entirely to blame.

First Steam purchase for me was the X2: The Threat / X3: Reunion pack for £20, all the way back in 2006. Time sure has flown. And I've still barely played it.

Chin up, RealityExists. Tomorrow will be better.

denx

My first games on Steam were Half-Life 2, HL2 Deathmatch, HL2 Lost Coast and Counter-Strike: Source (all included as part of HL2 retail). That was back in early 2007, however, at the time I didn't have a PC that could run the games, so I didn't go back to my Steam account until September 2010 when I finally got a new computer. I played massive amounts of hours on Zombie Escape servers on CSS, but I never ever took a look at the store. That part of Steam was completely foreign to me.

In August 2011 I finally added my first set of new games to my Steam account since 2007. Those games were The Orange Box (HL2: EP1, HL2: EP2, TF2 and Portal) and Portal 2, both of which I bought on retail. My first digital purchase on Steam was L4D2 in September of that year. I bought it at 20 dollars, didn't know about the sales back then. My next set of games were Frozen Synapse, Trauma and Spacechem, which were part of a Humble Bundle and I got by trading ref with someone on Steam. After that I got the HL1 collection (again, not in a sale).

I finally catched on with the Steam sales in the 2011 Halloween sale. Got L4D1, Borderlands and Amnesia. The best purchases I made in late 2011 were definitely the Mass Effect games (1 and 2) during the Autumn sale. Love the franchise, warts and all.

------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that. The discussion triggered memories.

That's the impression most of us have, yeah. We're not quite sure how it'll work. But everyone crafting a badge is getting a snow globe card now, so there definitely will be a card element.

Also I wonder if Jeff Green is weirded out when he sees you post here. I mean, it'd be weird if you really were his son... but it'd also be pretty weird if you weren't. Hahaha.

We're all his sons and daughters in a way. I'm not crazy.

Something doesn't seem right. It says the first game I bought on steam was Call of Duty 4 in 2008. Prey is 2006, Before that its Counter Strike and Half Life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom