• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So I started playing Anomaly: Warzone Earth a little bit. It seems thus far like it's a reverse tower defense game, where you are the "creeps". At first I was like, "oh, that's sort of clever" but then I thought about it and was like "isn't that pretty much every game ever? you try to navigate through a barrage of enemies?".

Do I get to build my own towers and shit if I progress through the game more (I think i'm on level 2 or 3)? I think I don't like it so far because there's too much random shit that happens where you have to have played the level to know how to react because some unpredictable event causes you to have to change your path.
You creep the whole game. Lanes get a bit more complex, but you never stop creepin.

I hate TD games but I thought Anomaly was a little more entertaining because of that.

Lain

My first day on Cook, Serve, Delicious! wan't too bad, but the rush hours and the chores threw a wench into my enrichment plans. Game is harder than one would imagine, and I like the need to strategize to plan a good menù.

Carm

Did they finally fix the mouse controls for the Steam version. Playing this game on a gamepad is such a horrible experience. Loved the non Steam version with the mouse controls that worked.

I'm lucking my chops over this.

Mouse controls work if you unplug your controller/s, but no, hasn't been fixed yet.

feel

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Payday The Heist -- MB-65544E902BEA1E0B - Taken by bobnowhere

C4rter

Some older Humble Bundle Leftovers
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mark of the Ninja -- MB-BC2C6B41FF53842B - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-8BF30418CE0F853E - Taken by milena87. 1 entrants total.
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-D850BB5F56CD9112 - Taken by Faabulous. 6 entrants total.

t1386929563z1.png

wazoo

Steam is at risk of having too many games coming out. That's a bit unfair, but game son next gen consoles may have better exposure due to isolation. It seems games are coming out here every day.

jediyoshi

QxuR64W.png

feelsgood

Didn't see if anyone posted, but the ios steam app got a little visual update

4867487tvsit.jpg
585474b4s55.jpg

Icon updated too, hopefully means they're shifting away from that gaudy diagonal stripe motif

wazoo

indiagala store has some few interesting deals for mainly not-AAA games.

you pay in $$$ (good for europeans), you have discounts, and you have more discounts from having indiegala bundles registered.

Sajjaja

QxuR64W.png

feelsgood

Didn't see if anyone posted, but the ios steam app got a little visual update

4867487tvsit.jpg
585474b4s55.jpg

Icon updated too, hopefully means they're shifting away from that gaudy diagonal stripe motif

How'd you get Steam community on Hearthstone :O

Also, that update hasn't come to android D:

I've played a bit of Not the Robots, and I thought I would leave some impressions. The game is essentially a third person stealth roguelike with a pretty original twist: in order to proceed through the game the player must "eat" furniture otherwise used as cover to hide from enemies and other obstacles. The tension between needing to save furniture and wanting to chow down on everything as fast as possible gives the game an interesting strategic depth, and the procedurally generated levels look as if they get insanely complex in later stages.

I have a feeling the game could slip past a lot of people's attention, which would be a shame as the game has some truly intriguing ideas.

Arthea

yesterday I noticed that my year with steam is over!

To remind you little of prehistory, I was a big enemy of steam, because of DRM and my love for gog. That's why before even starting my account, I had about 50 steam games that I bough accidentally or in some deals, mostly retail games that require steam to play them.
The last year, after reading some through steam topic and everybody being so happy with steam I decided to gave in and made account (to be frank it was mostly because of Civ5 which I wanted to play badly at that moment).
During that year I went through steam addiction hell from buying too many games - 424 now, to too many cards - 35 level now, to spending all my gaming time on steam and most of my work time in the steam thread. You know, the usual.
Steamgaf pointed out to me some great games I would have missed otherwise: Sonic transformed, Mark of the Ninja, 99 Spirits, Skyward Collapse to name a few, kept me entertained and informed about all bundles and better deals.
In retrospect, it was a good decision, mostly because of all of you. I'm still not a friend to DRM, but I got over it for now.
Let's see what the next year will bring to my table, shall we? ;)

Acccent

Good morning everyone!

yesterday I noticed that my year with steam is over!

To remind you little of prehistory, I was a big enemy of steam, because of DRM and my love for gog. That's why before even starting my account, I had about 50 steam games that I bough accidentally or in some deals, mostly retail games that require steam to play them.
The last year, after reading some through steam topic and everybody being so happy with steam I decided to gave in and made account (to be frank it was mostly because of Civ5 which I wanted to play badly at that moment).
During that year I went through steam addiction hell from buying too many games - 424 now, to too many cards - 35 level now, to spending all my gaming time on steam and most of my work time in the steam thread. You know, the usual.
Steamgaf pointed out to me some great games I would have missed otherwise: Sonic transformed, Mark of the Ninja, 99 Spirits, Skyward Collapse to name a few, kept me entertained and informed about all bundles and better deals.
In retrospect, it was a good decision, mostly because of all of you. I'm still not a friend to DRM, but I got over it for now.
Let's see what the next year will bring to my table, shall we? ;)

Good to hear :) tbh I think most of us are against any kind of DRM, and we only put up with Steam because so far it's been one of the only negatives of the services, and everything's been done to lessen its impact as much as possible. That's why the argument about the pre-180 Xbone policies being like Steam was moot: as opposed to MS, Valve has shown time and again that they want to do good and care about customers, even if they do show sometimes that they're maybe a bit too in love with money and a quite not reluctant enough to use psychology towards manipulation... overall they're good people and they make us want to trust them.

Divius

I have a notification of '5 unread chat messages' and when I click they take me to a chatwindow with a bro but there's nothing there. I can't seem to get rid of the notification. Dang steamchat you so cray

this isnt the first time either. edit: gone now

Divius

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

ZENO CLASH -- MB-9A140EECEEBA7226 - Taken by Sarcasm

Apparently I already own this, let's hope someone here doesn't.

Arthea

Good morning everyone!

Good to hear :) tbh I think most of us are against any kind of DRM, and we only put up with Steam because so far it's been one of the only negatives of the services, and everything's been done to lessen its impact as much as possible. That's why the argument about the pre-180 Xbone policies being like Steam was moot: as opposed to MS, Valve has shown time and again that they want to do good and care about customers, even if they do show sometimes that they're maybe a bit too in love with money and a quite not reluctant enough to use psychology towards manipulation... overall they're good people and they make us want to trust them.
g'morning
Ya, I'm aware of that and your post is very much true. Steam is a good service, as good as DRM service could be perhaps.

Forgot the most important thing, as I'm here to stay, might as well invite the rest of steamgaf to my fl. :)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/suikoder/

Arthea

I have a notification of '5 unread chat messages' and when I click they take me to a chatwindow with a bro but there's nothing there. I can't seem to get rid of the notification. Dang steamchat you so cray

this isnt the first time either. edit: gone now

I had such occurrence with messages of people with non public profiles, I thought it was fixed, because I don't get them (empty messages) anymore.

Divius

It appears I have a new most played game on Steam, beating out my previous #1 L4D2 with 421Hrs.

Now it's Dark Souls with
432 hours
and counting. Can't believe how hard I fell in love with this game since I picked it up during the Summer Sale this year. It really has become one of my favorite games ever <3 I just wish I could relive my first playthrough again :(

Arthea

Guys DmC, Castlevania or Darksiders 2?

Why not all of them, at winter sale, let's say

It appears I have a new most played game on Steam, beating out my previous #1 L4D2 with 421Hrs.

Now it's Dark Souls with
432 hours
and counting. Can't believe how hard I fell in love with this game since I picked it up during the Summer Sale this year. It really has become one of my favorite games ever <3 I just wish I could relive my first playthrough again :(

holy smoke! 400+ hours! in two games!

Guys DmC, Castlevania or Darksiders 2?

If you can handle the reality of what DmC is, go with DmC. Otherwise, Castlevania: LOS.

Darksiders 2 plays well but Vigil bit off far more than it could chew in regard to the size of the game and consequently it drags on, particularly after the second world. It does play host to an awesome boss theme, though.

That really is a great theme. A lot of wasted talent went into that game, sadly.

Barzul

I should add I plan on having all 3 by the end of the
winter sale. Just trying to figure which I should play first. Leaning towards DmC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That really is a great theme. A lot of wasted talent went into that game, sadly.

The game would have been exponentially better if it were limited to the first two worlds and more attention was paid to mission design so that each felt distinctive instead of just the uninspired "Go here and collect this/kill that" that permeates the entire game, but, hey, "Hindsight is 20/20" and all that.

milena87

Now it's Dark Souls with
432 hours

I haven't reached 400+ hours yet, but I understand. It's the only game I played all summer on Xbox (I had it for a while, but I was kinda scared to continue the first time I tried it) and I had to start it again on PC.

I also bought this:
and other 3 posters from them @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom