• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Dust is great so far, would be my contender for GOTY if I haven't started it this late.
Really like how it feels so smooth, controls and all, reminds me little of Mark of the Ninja in this regard.
Combat is adorable, platforming less so, but what I understand about platforming, I almost never find it satisfying (><)
Can't wait to try crafting, how far in game you find the first smith?
Even VA is nice, not sure what to think about story, too early to tell.

Dr Dogg

Right now it's not even that, but the usual "what's the point?" "why" "it won't overtake windows" and Windows vs OSX vs Linux or I don't even know anymore

Yeah just stuck my head in there and saw some of the things being brought up. Shame as I was looking for some feedback but it's a bit cluttered.

Still nice to see the classy packaging Valve has been sending them out in that unboxing vid of a Steam Machine.

Also a great thing with adding non Steam titles is you can name them anything you want. Plus as an added bit of hi jinx this also shows up to your friends so has the potential for a bit of fun. Just imagine if JaseC caught you playing "The Wheelman". Unless you look at the in non steam game sub heading.

MRORANGE

With less than 5 days to go, we've reached 100+ votes! Thanks to everyone who took part so far. I never expected to get more than 40 :)

<-- Click for info.

t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken, Lain, hitoshi, adaen, Blizzard, Boss Doggie, Khronico, Jørdan, Faabulous, Ryne, Widdly Scuds, Glass Rebel, grindamasta, Tellaerin, blackMamba1187, 28 Posts Later, Angel Abaddon, sprinkles, Accent, nexen, denx, Santiako, not psycho, Milamber, GuardsmanGreg, The_Monk, phantomspiker, Eanan, corrosivefrost, thrillho, fantomena, Fare Godmace, sapsari, derExperte, Blue Ninja, Vecks,

Update on Velocity Ultra: got to Zone 35 by now and the trouble you have to go through at this rate tends to be a little nuts, truth to be told. I'm borderline OCD when it comes to unlocking gold medals / rank / whatever in arcadey games that I'm fond of (even if it's an entirely superficial goal to strive for), thus making the game become mentally exhaustive with the ever-increasing amounts of multi-tasking required to safely and quickly make it to the end of a level. There's plenty of room for error in a completionist run, so I felt 'spent' after an hour-long play session yesterday. I did not expect this when I purchased the game, but to be clear the above did not sour me on its gameplay either. It's great even in its own weird way if you welcome this style of challenge.

Velocity Ultra is really underrated, but I guess Steam's December releases made this one easy to overlook.

TheD

The Detective
All of his other complaints, were subjective/fixable, but I agree that one was completely false.

Or he does not ignore all the flaws of Win8 like you do!
He does not want to replace a ton of the UI with third party programs and does the logical thing of judging the OS as it is.

I'm not so sure Fanto has been using Win8 for 8 months. Based on these complaints and arguments, I would guess 8 minutes.
Attacking him like that for not liking it is flat out childish!

Divius

With less than 5 days to go, we've reached 100+ votes! Thanks to everyone who took part so far. I never expected to get more than 40 :)
I really want to enter but I still need to look into if I even played 5 games from 2013 :p I will check tomorrow!

edit: any way to check which games in my library are from 2013?

The_Monk

I expected! There's so many amazing people in here, contributing to a Steam Voting should be mandatory for those who post in here. :p

MRORANGE

I really want to enter but I still need to look into if I even played 5 games from 2013 :p I will check tomorrow!

edit: any way to check which games in my library are from 2013?

Blimey I best get my skates on and finish some games then.

Remember you can submit less than 5 games, so there's no need to play-rush games.

Here is a list of all the games from 2013:

http://store.steampowered.com/searc...1=998&sort_by=Released&sort_order=DESC&page=1

up to page 25.

Race The Sun is a very cool game! I really hope the game will do great now that it's on Steam (even though, with this overwhelming number of indie games released in December, it might be complicated...)

t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):
I never actually read the initial post for this, so I didn't know that re-releases on Steam count as well.

Expect a PM from me then. :)

Dambrosi

Banned
Just got Bioshock Infinite for £5.99

First day on Steam is coming along nicely :D
Not bad.

Now, keep an eye on this thread. Every so often, your fellow posters will either inform the thread of unbelievable deals/price mistakes/ways to get Steam games for extremely cheap/free, or just give away their spare steam keys through Modbot, GAF's friendly giveaway-tending app. Not just bundle stuff or indies, either - just yesterday, someone gave away a copy of Bioshock Infinite! Can you imagine that?

:p

zkylon

zkylewd
Also a great thing with adding non Steam titles is you can name them anything you want. Plus as an added bit of hi jinx this also shows up to your friends so has the potential for a bit of fun. Just imagine if JaseC caught you playing "The Wheelman". Unless you look at the in non steam game sub heading.
ooo that'd be gold lol

I actually do that all the time when playing emulator games >:D

Are you absolutely positively sure we are not the same person in alternative universes?
The Sky Crawlers is a great movie
I dunno, you seem to have the hots for me and I hate myself so it's hard to say

plus I know argentina is a weird ass country in a weird ass corner of the earth but we're still in the same planet yo

Pleasure; hope you enjoy the game :).
:)

Durante

Steam story time:
I just got a comment on one of the entries in my timeline for the first time, which prompted me to actually browse it for the first time. Scrolling down, I found an entry saying "Durante now owns Max Payne 3". I had no idea I owned that game or where it came from.

Some spare bundle keys, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Doc Clock: Toasted Sandwich of Time -- MB-F370E42A89D4EDFB - Taken by Servizio. 1 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet: -- MB-E32AB7A41B27FBC4 - Taken by dani_dc. 14 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-CB6C18BD99B94E25 - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.

t1387071742z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Steam story time:
I just got a comment on one of the entries in my timeline for the first time, which prompted me to actually browse it for the first time. Scrolling down, I found an entry saying "Durante now owns Max Payne 3". I had no idea I owned that game or where it came from.
Were you doing shots for every line of code you wrote for the DP fix and bought a game shortly before passing out?

TheD

The Detective
Steam story time:

Have fun with it's broken save system that has lost me 4 hours 2x of gameplay.

Tizoc

A reminder of the giveaway I've made =)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Typing of the Dead Overkill -- MB-D3106E2CC6283B71

t1387117893z1.png

delirium

I have a question, I'm using the Metro skin for Steam, does Steam or anything have a way of updating it without me checking every once and a while?

Durante

Were you doing shots for every line of code you wrote for the DP fix and bought a game shortly before passing out?
Maybe I was trying to reach the Ballmer Peak. But really, it's unsettling. I've gotten used to indie titles showing up in my library that I don't remember buying (that's what those bundles do), but Max Payne 3?

Have fun with it's broken save system that has lost me 4 hours 2x of gameplay.
Don't worry, the chance of me actually playing it is rather small ;)

zkylon

zkylewd
damn I kinda want to just skip my pc's clock like 12 hours and keep playing hate plus but at the same time that feels like breaking it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom