• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typing of the Dead is way more fun than it should be. I wish back in the mid 90s in middle school this is how we learned typing and not from that bitch, Mavis Beacon.

zkylon

zkylewd
ok ready to launch this thing

ibbS4VKtGcVI7D.png

Typing of the Dead is way more fun than it should be. I wish back in the mid 90s in middle school this is how we learned typing and not from that bitch, Mavis Beacon.

I just tried it after buying it from GMG last weekend. It's cool, but I can't touchtype at all and was kind of hoping it would have a mode that showed me how I should be doing it. Great fun though, trying my best not to "cheat" (I can type pretty quickly and accurately with just my two index fingers, though not nearly as quickly as someone who can really touchtype).

Finished Bioshock 2 today, I liked it a lot. I played the original Bioshock several years ago so It's hard for me to compare both games.

Time to finally play Minerva's Den before moving into Bioshock Infinite.

Have fun with it's broken save system that has lost me 4 hours 2x of gameplay.

I've finished the game 8 times and never once ran into a save issue. Shame you had issues though! Very much worth playing for those who haven't, cutscenes can become intrusive on subsequent playthoughs but the gunplay, mobility, and animation systems are top of the class within the genre.

FloatOn

I started the Knife of Dunwall Dishonored DLC earlier today after not playing the base game for months. It felt like hanging out with an old friend. Dishonored was truly one of the best from this past gen. Brigmore Witches will go down next.

I just tried it after buying it from GMG last weekend. It's cool, but I can't touchtype at all and was kind of hoping it would have a mode that showed me how I should be doing it. Great fun though, trying my best not to "cheat" (I can type pretty quickly and accurately with just my two index fingers, though not nearly as quickly as someone who can really touchtype).

Ha, fair enough. I've had a keyboard on the other end of my hands for the better part of 30 years, I have no idea what style I use, but, it works.

Still mess up a little bit which kills your combos in the game. Guess I still need practice. :)

I started the Knife of Dunwall Dishonored DLC earlier today after not playing the base game for months. It felt like hanging out with an old friend. Dishonored was truly one of the best from this past gen. Brigmore Witches will go down next.

I'm playing vanilla, on the second to last mission. Having a good time with it. If I see DLC go on sale over Christmas, I'm all over it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I've finished the game 8 times and never once ran into a save issue. Shame you had issues though! Very much worth playing for those who haven't, cutscenes can become intrusive on subsequent playthoughs but the gunplay, mobility, and animation systems are top of the class within the genre.

Yeah never had save problems either thank fuck. That's the sort of problem that can kill my interest in a game stone dead.

Game was released 2 days ago (on steam), how can it already be underrated?
Literally one guy (not me) mentioned it in this thread over the last 30 - 40 pages (handful of coupon posts don't count), no buzz elsewhere on GAF now that it's on PC, minimal community hub activity, not even in the top sellers list on Steam (in my country at least) despite its 100 slots.

That's the very definition of 'underrated' or 'flying under the radar' to me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
This Groupees Shiny Loot bundle is so stupid. Yay, more accounts, great, awesome!

Edit: OMG Bundle Bandits' website is down from traffic / activity issues hahahahahaha

Edit: Signing up for ShinyLoot. "Error: The Password field may only contain alpha-numeric characters, underscores, and dashes." why? And a maximum length of 25 characters, why?

Tenrius

Played through The Last Express Gold Edition. The game still holds up after all those years and I (again) wholeheartedly recommend it.

cicero

This Groupees Shiny Loot bundle is so stupid. Yay, more accounts, great, awesome!

Edit: OMG Bundle Bandits' website is down from traffic / activity issues hahahahahaha

Edit: Signing up for ShinyLoot. "Error: The Password field may only contain alpha-numeric characters, underscores, and dashes." why? And a maximum length of 25 characters, why?

Actually, I thought that it was a smart move for Shiny Loot to do to get people to sign up for their site. I bet it is their cheapest cost so far for customer acquisitions. I still would rather not have to sign up to get my codes though. :eek:

I was like 'ugh why are you so intent on filming the geforce logo, no one cares, just stay on the screen' and then the first comment immediately apologizes for that and specifies that the guy's daughter was filming, and it all becomes endearing :p

This is exactly what happened to me.

Microsoft need to hurry up with their Xbox One controller drives. DS4 and One controllers are near perfect, but I prefer the form of the One's in my hand. And I should play more Strike Force Zero, got put off when I was playing it with my rift and I got nauseous.

Turfster

Microsoft need to hurry up with their Xbox One controller drives. DS4 and One controllers are near perfect, but I prefer the form of the One's in my hand.

MS don't want you to use your Xboner controller with your PC
(without you buying a special PC compatible version)
(In a year or two)
(For the Win9 exclusive Xbone port)

Tellaerin

Microsoft need to hurry up with their Xbox One controller drives. DS4 and One controllers are near perfect, but I prefer the form of the One's in my hand. And I should play more Strike Force Zero, got put off when I was playing it with my rift and I got nauseous.

Stealth brag, bro? ; )

Seriously, though, that's awesome. After having a chance to check out the Rift briefly at NYCC, I'd love to get one. Can't justify the expense right now, but someday!

Colin.

Just noticed that it's my Steam account's 3rd birthday today. In that time, I have acquired 344 games, and 200 DLC. My resistance to sales and bundles has not been great.

Could I get in on this? Can pay through paypal.

Sure thing, I have put you on the list. That makes 4 so far. Will order more tonight or tomorrow, I will pass along my info to you nearer the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom