• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol what's the deal with bundlebandits, I thought I'd buy the bundle and get this

This account has been suspended.
Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources

Lol. Well I can live without the bundle because was interested in Puddle only and got it for Vita already (don't have a Vita though, lol). Though now I missed the IndieGameStand Puddle offer too..

Lol what's the deal with bundlebandits, I thought I'd buy the bundle and get this

Lol. Well I can live without the bundle because was interested in Puddle only and got it for Vita already (don't have a Vita though, lol). Though now I missed the IndieGameStand Puddle offer too..

They do seem a bit half-arsed. Apparently they sent a newsletter out about the time the deal started and published all the recipients emails visibly. So as an apology they sent me at least, I imagine everyone as else, a free copy of Pickle Frenzy on Desura.

zkylon

zkylewd
farcry bloodd dragon is uh something alright

I mean the cutscenes are sort of funny but I can't see shit in gameplay, it's really annoying

I think I may buy far cry 3 if it's cheap tho, since this seems like a fun time sink

Tenrius

Did anyone actually play Jolly Rover? It was one of my early Steam purchases, I even played it for a bit but never resumed that playthrough.

frogg609

So no opinions on Strike Suit Zero? To me it looks a little like Shogo in space. I know 10 bucks isn't much for the Mega Bundle, but if it's not fun to play I'd rather put my money elsewhere.

Card Boy

Banned
Did anyone actually play Jolly Rover? It was one of my early Steam purchases, I even played it for a bit but never resumed that playthrough.

Yeah its fucken amazing. It's basically Monkey Island with Dogs, loved it. The music, humor and setting is like Monkey Island, even the main character is called Gaius. 5 out of 5 from me. I almost got all of the achievements too except for the coconut one.

I was watching a interview with Andrew Goulding from Brawsome on Good Game afew years back and he specifically said Monkey Island was a strong inspiration for the game.

Tenrius

Yeah its fucken amazing. It's basically Monkey Island with Dogs, loved it. The music, humor and setting is like Monkey Island, even the main character is called Gaius. 5 out of 5 from me. I almost got all of the achievements too except for the coconut one.

I was watching a interview with Andrew Goulding from Brawsome on Good Game afew years back and he specifically said Monkey Island was a strong inspiration for the game.

Well, that couldn't have been more obvious lol.

Man, Skyrim is such a sack of buggy crap. To quote my Steam review:

my own damn self said:
this game:
* can't be effectively run in a window because it locks the mouse pointer and thereby prevents you from moving the window
* cannot be made to produce remotely reasonable audio on my system because of an unfixed conflict with Realtek onboard audio; all audio is super-quiet AND all voice is piped to surround speakers even if you set it in stereo mode. (four different fixes from the internets did not resolve this problem.)
* won't run on a secondary display
* crashes for me whenever i alt-tab away and back
* during the approximately seventy-two times i played the intro trying to fix these problems, it managed to crash itself at least twice; one time the horse on the cart i was being pulled in tripped on a rock and spun off into anti-gravity

this game reminds me of PC gaming circa 2003, and not remotely in a good way. by having paid literally any money for it, i am part of the problem.

Finally only got it to work by piping it through HDMI to my TV; I still don't know if there's a real way to get it working on my PC speakers.

Oh jesus DS4 drivers came out with touchpad mouse support

o rly.

Grabbed Company of Heroes Complete (single key if anyone is wondering) and Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed from the GetLoaded promotion. I had a huge itch to buy Sonic after the free weekend a while ago, it's so fun.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I played through it. It's very much in the spirit of early Monkey Island. Not quite as good, but still very decent. Mildly amusing, decent enough puzzles, nice enough story. There's a part where you can click on a stump. I liked it. I think it's worth your time.

http://www.indiegala.com/

Checking out the Indiegala bundle. I'm only really interested in Fuel and the Operation Flashpoint games. Are the rest worth it?

Overlord is a pretty neat little series. British humour, visuals sort of like Fable, gameplay like a Fable type game meets Pikmin. It's kind of one of a kind. Overlord 2 is mostly more of the same.

Card Boy

Banned
Only way to play any Elder Scrolls game is modded. Sad that we have to use mods to make it more acceptable.

I've got the obvious graphics mods but i have mods that fix glitches and bugs Bethesda hasn't bothered fixing.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The server ModBot is on just went down for some scheduled maintenance totally unrelated to ModBot (please be ent). It's beyond my control when it comes back up. It's possible that it won't be until around 2-3AM eastern. If you experience any delays, that's why.

braves01

Banned
Samurai Gunn looks really fun based off the giant bomb quick look. If they patch online in (which I imagine they will based on the fact it's coming out on PSN and Vita or so sayeth giant bomb guys), it could be great.

eyeless

Man, Skyrim is such a sack of buggy crap. To quote my Steam review:

Finally only got it to work by piping it through HDMI to my TV; I still don't know if there's a real way to get it working on my PC speakers.

o rly.
did you try loudness equalization? that's what i did (for the quietness)
JH3O94Y.png

btw just so we're clear i don't have windows 8 i would never do something like that it's a skin

denx

I need help SteamGAF. I messed up while browsing my library in BPM and started downloading RAGE. I returned to the desktop Steam window and stopped the download just as it was assigning space in my hard drive, so it didn't download any data. However, now I can't figure out how to get back the 20+ GB of reserved hard drive space. Yes, I'm an idiot, halp!

Turfster

I need help SteamGAF. I messed up while browsing my library in BPM and started downloading RAGE. I returned to the desktop Steam window and stopped the download just as it was assigning space in my hard drive, so it didn't download any data. However, now I can't figure out how to get back the 20+ GB of reserved hard drive space. Yes, I'm an idiot, halp!

Select the game and do a "delete local content" on it.
Either that or find the RAGE dir under your steamapps\common dir and delete it in windows.

denx

Select the game and do a "delete local content" on it.
Either that or find the RAGE dir under your steamapps\common dir and delete it in windows.

That's the problem: there is no local content because I stopped the download when Steam was reserving hard drive space, before it got the chance to download anything. So there is no local content to delete, and there is no RAGE folder in SteamApps.

edit: Solved it! Deleting the "downloading" folder solved the issue. Now I have those 23 GB back!

Turfster

That's the problem: there is no local content because I stopped the download when Steam was reserving hard drive space, before it got the chance to download anything. So there is no local content to delete, and there is no RAGE folder in SteamApps.
Did you check the steamapps\downloading folder too?
Glad you got it fixed ;)

Backlogger

I hear Overlord games are quite good but Damnation was supposedly terrible and Jericho I played but don't remember much of it besides bugs on 360.

Overlord games are fun, definitely worth an eventual play through but low on my backlog priority list. If I remember right, those were part of my very early Steam collection, like when I had less than 50 games.

Worth the game count increase if nothing else :)

Just beat Dishonored. Let's just say I got the "So, you decided to slaughter everyone including the maids because they'd alert your presence" ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom