• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm360

Both Duke and AC:M didn't really deserve the hate they got

My biggest complaint is the console version of Duke's load times were stupid.

Duke Nukem Forever is like a museum of sadness. You can almost literally point out the year a section of the game was developed in based off of the gameplay being emulated or horribly dated pop culture references are being made.

Teleglitch is a great game but man it gets distressing to play. Still haven't made it to the 5th level :/

I made it to the fifth facility/level/first checkpoint before almost instantly dying when I set foot in it. I got too many shit rolls on random weapons and items drops and eventually stopped playing the game. The rogue-like aspects (semi-randomised levels, random item and mob placement) are kind of unfair and frustrating, they wore me down after several hours. I really liked the game quite a bit at first, I think the crafting system is neat (you're cobbling together these improvised explosives, primitive weapons and armor: nail can bombs, one-shot bazookas, nailgun, etc.) and Teleglitch, despite looking fairly primitive, has a lot of atmosphere to it. I think the game could've worked without those rogue-like elements, if it was just a brutal top-down Doom clone. Also if it had a soundtrack.

Teleglitch is by no means a bad game, if you're masochistic/dig rogue-likes or games with rogue-like elements to them, you'll probably love Teleglitch.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I want to get into Teleglitch so much, but I just can't. The art style is wonderful at setting an atmosphere and all that from screen shots, but just the way it blurs together and non-dull colours pop just cause my eyes to lose focus so quickly that I find it impossible to continue for long.

...AC:M didn't really deserve the hate they got

The game didn't, the actions of GearBox plus all those failed promises and terrible development does however. Just no excuse for any of that.

So I was finally getting round to listing all my cards in lieu of the coming seal and ran across this:

Standard Call of Juarez - Ray McCall Card

For some reason this card is worth more that 4x all the other standard cards from the game. Might be a group effort to corner the market, doesn't appear to be a single individual, or maybe just a strange quirk of the search engine. Can't complain, possibly worth more than my foil!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I was finally getting round to listing all my cards in lieu of the coming seal and ran across this:

Standard Call of Juarez - Ray McCall Card

For some reason this card is worth more that 4x all the other standard cards from the game. Might be a group effort to corner the market, doesn't appear to be a single individual, or maybe just a strange quirk of the search engine. Can't complain, possibly worth more than my foil!

Reminds me of the Skyrim Summer Sale foil: while not quite on the same level, it's worth ~30c+ more than the rest for no apparent reason.

5listCM.jpg
rCcmpHJ.jpg

Hanzou

Very high. That's why they wanted their stuff on the store in the first place.

I guess that's true. They just seem like such disorganized company that they would not have all their stuff coordinated for a sale, there was no discount for the fall sale but it was fairly close to release. I am really hoping for it to be on sale though as I need more pinball!

Arthea

Thanks to unlucky but nice fellow Maneil99, I now own AssCreed 4 and even promised to play it!
Thanks Maneil99.
Now I need to pester Jasec some, to give me motivations to play it instead of finishing ~100 games I have unfinished.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks to unlucky but nice fellow Maneil99, I now own AssCreed 4 and even promised to play it!
Thanks Maneil99.
Now I need to pester Jasec some, to give me motivations to play it instead of finishing ~100 games I have unfinished.

Be sure to back up your saves!

Edit: Seeing the Banjo-Tooie RTTP thread made me realise I'd love to see PC ports of the HD Kazooie and Tooie remasters Microsoft released on XBLA. Oh, and a PC port of Nuts & Bolts, too.

Man, Skyrim is such a sack of buggy crap. To quote my Steam review:

Luckily, the community has fixed most of those things. I can run the game on my second monitor, in windowed mode, and alt-tab out of there just fine. The only time the game still crashes on me is when it has to load a lot of stuff: the Skyrim/Solstheim transition usually locks up for me.

Haven't heard of the sound issue, though. I recall having to set my computer audio to 44100Hz for some reason, because the game kept locking up during loading before that.

It's a mixed blessing that there's such a great community for the game, though, because even though every little problem can get fixed, Beth gets the idea that they don't need to.

Luckily, the community has fixed most of those things. I can run the game on my second monitor, in windowed mode, and alt-tab out of there just fine.

Concrete fix suggestions are appreciated. :p

The sound issue I seriously tried four different fixes I found in about an hour of googling, all to no avail. I finally gave up and had my wife play it piped into the TV instead.

XShagrath

Guy I know at work got in on the Steambox beta. He'll be receiving his box on Tuesday. I'm sure it'll show up at work one day, so I'll try to get some first-hand impressions.

Concrete fix suggestions are appreciated. :p

The sound issue I seriously tried four different fixes I found in about an hour of googling, all to no avail. I finally gave up and had my wife play it piped into the TV instead.

I've never had any problems running it on my second monitor, so I can't really help you there, except that you can try making your second monitor into your primary monitor or something.

Playing in windowed mode, whenever I want to go from one screen to another, I just open up the steam overlay and move my mouse out, I can go back without any problems. Not sure if doing that allows you to move the screen, though, but you never know.

As for the cart, it happens. :lol It might be your game is running at more than 60 fps, in which case the physics engine starts losing it. If that's the case, make sure to limit it to 60 fps. It happened to me the first time I loaded up my game, Lokir somehow got booted out of the carriage and ended up getting run over.

Dr Dogg

Sweet. I'm looking more forward to the controller than anything else. Now that 300 of them are out in the wild be interesting to hear how they work across multiple types of games.

Got the feeling with the track pad and button layout this will be the go to controller (outside of a dedicated wheel) for racers. Be interesting to see how it holds up with keyboard heavy titles and how well it works with the standard modifier keys (shift, cntr, alt).

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition -- MB-64E7A93D6BD50358 - Taken by Hawkie. 25 entrants total.

t1387120309z1.png

It's russian key, supposedly not region-locked...good luck.

Lain

Playing some Tomb Raider, I can't make up my mind if I want to sacrifice the beauty of Lara's hair so that cutscenes will play fluidly, or put up with the cutscenes suffering fps problems to have those beautiful hair on my screen at all times.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I still can't stop laughing at Geralt. I blame the "bad characters" thread. Someone called him Legolas who joined a glam band.

Dr Dogg

Wait? When did the client allow for uncompressed screenshots? I take it still does that stupid thing of saving everything to your install directory as well? Oh well time to get playing.

Anteater

Playing some Tomb Raider, I can't make up my mind if I want to sacrifice the beauty of Lara's hair so that cutscenes will play fluidly, or put up with the cutscenes suffering fps problems to have those beautiful hair on my screen at all times.

I had it on for a while but I couldn't stand the framerate drops, and I ended up turning it off.

It looks so good though :(

MRORANGE

Daily reminder:

<-- Click for info.

t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken, Lain, hitoshi, adaen, Blizzard, Boss Doggie, Khronico, Jørdan, Faabulous, Ryne, Widdly Scuds, Glass Rebel, grindamasta, Tellaerin, blackMamba1187, 28 Posts Later, Angel Abaddon, sprinkles, Accent, nexen, denx, Santiako, not psycho, Milamber, GuardsmanGreg, The_Monk, phantomspiker, Eanan, corrosivefrost, thrillho, fantomena, Fare Godmace, sapsari, derExperte, Blue Ninja, Vecks, MarcoZombieCannon, legacyzero, Durante, Dimitri2401, vazduh, Jame Retief, Smash88, SpongeBob NoPants, Mister_Bubbles, Caerith,

fantomena

I loved DKF. I did even buy the DLC and enjoyed the hell out of it too.

Anybody ready for the christmas sale btw? Your waallet/cc need to be ready for thursday.

Acccent

I know you all wanted to see JaseC's exact AC4 playtime after those two images... well, ladies and gentlemen, I happily declare that it is 80 hours - significantly less than PriitV's seemingly mad other friend

f2D3rMc.png

(the 'no image' game is a developer thing lol)

Anteater

I know you all wanted to see JaseC's exact AC4 playtime after those two images... well, ladies and gentlemen, I happily declare that it is 80 hours - significantly less than PriitV's seemingly mad other friend

f2D3rMc.png

(the 'no image' game is a developer thing lol)

Interesting to see Sakaguchi is a fan of Crusader Kings 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom