• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Walking Dead Season 2 take your save from the first game into account at all? I played the first season on the PS3 so I'll have to redo it, or download a save with similar decisions if I choose to play the new one on the PC. Which after playing The Wolf Among Us at glorious, mostly hitch-free 60 FPS is very desirable.

Does the Walking Dead Season 2 take your save from the first game into account at all? I played the first season on the PS3 so I'll have to redo it, or download a save with similar decisions if I choose to play the new one on the PC. Which after playing The Wolf Among Us at glorious, mostly hitch-free 60 FPS is very desirable.

I would imagine that it would.

Tenrius

I don't think they said anything on the matter, but I think it would make more sense if it didn't.

I don't think they said anything on the matter, but I think it would make more sense if it didn't.

Well, I think It'd be nice to have (spoilers for the first game)
Clementine talk about the kind of man Lee was and have his influence reflect in her personality. Obviously most of the choices regarding who lived or died were somewhat superficial.

What's the story with Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition? How "enhanced" is it? I have the disks around here somewhere, but when I installed them a year or more ago the game was a mess. I know I found at least one mod to help out with the widescreen issue, but text was still difficult to read.

Does the Steam edition come playable without needing to fuss around with it? And is it a better enhancement than BG1? I recall reading that the first game's enhanced edition was buggy as hell.

velociraptor

I know you all wanted to see JaseC's exact AC4 playtime after those two images... well, ladies and gentlemen, I happily declare that it is 80 hours - significantly less than PriitV's seemingly mad other friend

f2D3rMc.png

(the 'no image' game is a developer thing lol)
How do you see friends most played games?

_DrMario_

What's the story with Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition? How "enhanced" is it? I have the disks around here somewhere, but when I installed them a year or more ago the game was a mess. I know I found at least one mod to help out with the widescreen issue, but text was still difficult to read.

Does the Steam edition come playable without needing to fuss around with it? And is it a better enhancement than BG1? I recall reading that the first game's enhanced edition was buggy as hell.

The Enhanced versions is what you are looking for then. You install it and that's it. It's ready to go with widescreen and some other small modifications like being able to stack more ammo/scrolls/potions and new NPCs.

Some BG players will tell you that these versions are ripoffs because you can get all that and more from mods but I don't care. I like being able to just download it from steam and be ready to go in 5 minutes without having to hunt down mods. And it makes playing multiplayer with my brother easy.

As for bugs I've got 63 hours in BG1EE and 84 in BG2EE and there's small bugs here and there but they are pretty minimal. On the other end my brother got hit with a bug that reset the status of the game so all his quest were reset. It was pretty weird. But like I said, I've never had that bug in 80 hours of playing.

The Enhanced versions is what you are looking for then. You install it and that's it. It's ready to go with widescreen and some other small modifications like being able to stack more ammo/scrolls/potions and new NPCs.

Some BG players will tell you that these versions are ripoffs because you can get all that and more from mods but I don't care. I like being able to just download it from steam and be ready to go in 5 minutes without having to hunt down mods. And it makes playing multiplayer with my brother easy.

As for bugs I've got 63 hours in BG1EE and 84 in BG2EE and there's small bugs here and there but they are pretty minimal. On the other end my brother got hit with a bug that reset the status of the game so all is quest were reset. It was pretty weird. But like I said, I've never had that bug in 80 hours of playing.

Thanks, exactly the feedback I needed. And I agree I'd prefer to have it on Steam and not need to dig out the disks when I want to play it.

Colin.

Just a reminder, that I'm going to be ordering another batch of copies of Prey tonight. If you're interested, let me know. So that I have a better idea on how many to get. Have taken note of the 4 people that expressed interested yesterday, so you don't need to post again.

I will just be sticking with the price I said before, which is 3 TF2 keys, or the money equivalent I would pay by Paypal gift ($5.52)

I just realized that wasteland being called "Wasteland 1 - The Original Classic" is pretty fucking dumb

I would say it is really fucking dumb but then the contemporary fashion to name the first iteration of anything that then has sequels to it e.g. Alien 1 is really fucking dumb.

wax suarez looks creepy

On the plus side though it inspired me to completely turn off all GAF avatars which saves a lot of screen real estate and makes reading the thread easier so yay!

So I was finally getting round to listing all my cards in lieu of the coming seal and ran across this:

Standard Call of Juarez - Ray McCall Card

For some reason this card is worth more that 4x all the other standard cards from the game. Might be a group effort to corner the market, doesn't appear to be a single individual, or maybe just a strange quirk of the search engine. Can't complain, possibly worth more than my foil!

i r jelly!

I was going to craft that badge until I saw the price that was going for and promptly decided against it. I only craft badges for games I really like and I liked CoJ but not that much!

Anyone else thinks the beta steambox is really ugly?

I don't find it either attractive or ugly; it's just there. Pretty uninspiring frankly but that seems to be the way these days with these things. The fact that they have the case lying on top of one of its leads is bugging me though!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know you all wanted to see JaseC's exact AC4 playtime after those two images... well, ladies and gentlemen, I happily declare that it is 80 hours - significantly less than PriitV's seemingly mad other friend

f2D3rMc.png

(the 'no image' game is a developer thing lol)

He's probably left Uplay open more than once. :p

Jase loves some Assassins Creed.

Guilty as charged (can't say I've ever touched the series' MP, though)! I'll probably be in the 200-hour ballpark once I'm done with the game (I'm currently sitting on 143).

Derrick01

Banned
What do you even do in something as monotonous as AC4 for 200 hours? Tell me most of that is the multiplayer Jase.

edit: Aw damn it I just caught the no MP part. HOW do you play that single player for 200 hours? Are you getting every single collectible or something?

JaseC

What's with the Snow Globe trading cards? Got #10. I assume for the holiday sale?

All but certainly the case.

What do you even do in something as monotonous as AC4 for 200 hours? Tell me most of that is the multiplayer Jase.

edit: Aw damn it I just caught the no MP part. HOW do you play that single player for 200 hours? Are you getting every single collectible or something?

Well, 96 hours were lost thanks to Uplay eating my save, which forced me to start again, but, yeah, I like to shoot for 100% sync. The only game I didn't bother collecting everything in is the original as the flags are tied only to your health/sync bar, which maxes out as you progress through the story, anyway.

Tenrius

Just like in real life!

rybrad

Just because you find something monotonous doesn't mean other people do or they can't enjoy a game.

Tizoc

Really hope there'll be a good discount on Darksiders 2, I'm enjoying it on the PS3, but I'm pretty sure the PC ver. blows it out of the water.

Need to get a new list compiled of Steam codes I have that I'd like to trade for, I've got like dozens of them for games I already own on gog, desura or Steam.

denx

It does, yeah. It will also take in consideration your save from 400 Days.

Symphonic

All but certainly the case.

Well, 96 hours were lost thanks to Uplay eating my save, which forced me to start again, but, yeah, I like to shoot for 100% sync. The only game I didn't bother collecting everything in is the original as the flags are tied only to your health/sync bar, which maxes out as you progress through the story, anyway.

Do we get 1 every time we craft? How many are there? Any wiki up on it yet?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

You can 100% the game in about 50 hours, including collectable.

FloatOn

A little over halfway through knife of dunwall... if the enemy AI were just a bit smarter we could have had a nearly perfect stealth game but instead we get a decent stealth game and a fucking exhilarating action game. I'm good with this all things considered.

JaseC

You can 100% the game in about 50 hours, including collectable.

Outside of warehouse farming I don't use fast travel, plus there are the Abstergo challenges and modern-day collectables in addition to what the game ties to the sync rate, but even so I realise my play time is something of an outlier.

Whatever happened to Halo 3 coming to Steam? No new activity since that was brought up before?

The app was updated a couple of weeks ago, but don't expect any real news until at least "early 2014".

The_Monk

I just got one aromatic Strawberry red candle to have it around my desk while playing some games in the cold winter. I know this might be a silly thing for some but I just like to create a warm vibe while having some fun playing my games.

Which makes me wonder what are the best fitting games for this cold Holiday season. I decided to make a selection of games that I believe that fit said mood, if you have similar recommendations please post yours!

Skyrim

There are great locations to be found, the soundtrack is very relaxing, there's huge snow mountains, rain, and after doing a lengthy Quest it feels good to find the nearest inn, grab a seat near the fireplace, get some food, pay to the local musician for some tunes and just get yourself a hot meal.

Batman Origins

The spirit of the Holidays is pretty clear with this game. You will see plenty of decorations, Christmas trees inside most rooms and when you step outside there's the dark night filled with that cold atmosphere with some snow on top to make it better.

Metro Last Light

If you are looking for a more darker experience Metro LL is a good fit. With some good horror elements (who makes it a nice fit for the Halloween Season too) this game can be great to play in the dark with minimal light (no pun intended) after a long day of work/school/etc.

Lord of the Rings War in the North

While you can't expect amazing gameplay, the Story is decent enough and the soundtrack is great. If you are curious, check their Orchestra Performance in E3 in the past as well the other tracks. There's a inn in the city well most people gather for some questing and food. It's always night and it rains a lot in this city, which is great since for some, the sound of raindrops can be very relaxing.

Game of Thrones The Role Playing Game

Winter is coming. Don't come expecting amazing graphics and unique gameplay elements. This game is for those that appreciate a nice Story in their games and that, is the strongest point in this game. The company worked directly with the author of the books and that's where they grab inspiration from. Not from the TV Show. If you are new to this Universe I do not recommend you to play this game. Start by reading some of the books, then move to the TV Show and then try the best.

Brace yourselves:

Other notable mentions:

- Winter Voices
- Syberia II

If you have a similar habit let me know your picks.

Overdoziz

Banned
Just completed FEAR. Game was alright, enjoyed it a lot more then the second game.

-Liked how the game doesn't have all the fluff that most shooters have these days. No QTEs and barely any cutscenes and storytelling moments where you're stuck waiting until it ends. You can just keep on playing which is nice.
-Game and gunplay worked, but that's about it. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good. Good enough to keep me fairly entertained throughout the entire thing at least.
-I really wish they would mix up the environments a lot more. Fighting through industrial areas and office buildings for hours and hours on end gets tiring really quick. Even throughout FEAR 2 and what little of the third game I played there's still barely any variety.

Dec

Game of Thrones The Role Playing Game

Winter is coming. Don't come expecting amazing graphics and unique gameplay elements. This game is for those that appreciate a nice Story in their games and that, is the strongest point in this game. The company worked directly with the author of the books and that's where they grab inspiration from. Not from the TV Show. If you are new to this Universe I do not recommend you to play this game. Start by reading some of the books, then move to the TV Show and then try the best.

If you liked it check out Of Orcs and Men if you haven't. Same company, shares the combat but is overall a much better game.

DasFool

Monk, I'll add to your choices. I know this isn't on Steam, but playing 999/VLR/Ever17 on a chilly night creates an eerie and dreadful mood that almost no other game can. One of my fondest gaming experiences.

Also, I recommend the original Metro 2033 as an atmospheric experience. Great sense of looming terror in that game.

You played the game correctly.

Ha. The coup de grâce was at the end (Dishonored endgame spoilerz)
with Piero and the other dude, the doctor, telling me to turn on the arc pylon, I let him rewire it for burning the tallboys and then accidentally (I swear) sent a whale oil tank down the stairs and blew them both up.

FWIW, I did spare the Regent cause I liked the idea of the propaganda changing.

Also, I really didn't see much in game response to "high chaos" until the very, very end with Samuel firing the gun. Then I sliced him.

I will admit, after watching the 3 possible endings on Youtube, the Golden Age one is nice, but, I just feel like that game was fun because you were an assassin doing anything to help the girl. Having two daughters, that kind of vengeance was too easy to pretend to carry out.

I played a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 today; joined an expert campaign server, and as soon as I joined, one guy was all "kick this guy, he's a troll", before starting a vote. The vote failed and he was just a douche the whole time I played. What the hell.

MRORANGE

I played a bit of Left 4 Dead 2 today; joined an expert campaign server, and as soon as I joined, one guy was all "kick this guy, he's a troll", before starting a vote. The vote failed and he was just a douche the whole time I played. What the hell.

Pretty much every L4D game, I still love it though.

You should have started a vote to kick him.

Yep, that's how L4D . Every single time. At least you didn't get team killed the second you entered the game. Worst, most hostile online community I have ever seen, truly abysmal. Absolutely not worth it if you aren't playing with friends only.

Played some Batman: AA and it seems even better than AC and I loved Arkham City to the point where I got 100% on it on PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom