• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

It feels good to look at that bundle knowing that you own everything in it.

Feels even better knowing you still have the original releases (altho whoever decided to make Baldur's gate that stupid cardboard flip thing needs a lesson in durability =p)

Knurek

If you already own part of the bundle you can complete it with the 80% discount:

gogdealhjdes.jpg

Yea, I know. I'm just not interested in some of the games (who in their right mind plays Neverwinter Nights in 2014?), wish the discount would stack. :\

Arthea

Edit: I don't want to spend $11 on GOG this close to the Summer Sale, but I may jump on TTOEE.

Summer sale? (><)
I know what you mean, it would be good for your gamecount!
But do older games fare good on steam? I really don't know, not implying anything.

Berto

I'm in love with Crusader Kings 2!

I just lost an independence war after my wise and beloved duke was captured in battle and beheaded by a child queen! So many figures were supporting my claim and everything was going so well :(

But what really surpised me is how attached I am to my family in game, I was in shock and sad for his wife and son :( And I'm playing in ironman mode, so theres no going back.

Don't know why I'm discovering CK2 just now, I'm a huge Europa Universalis fan.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Summer sale? (><)

Haha, yeah, I just noticed that. It's summer here so I got my wires crossed. :p

I know what you mean, it would be good for your gamecount!
But do older games fare good on steam? I really don't know, not implying anything.

Postal 2 is #12 on the Top Sellers list at this very moment and it's universally considered to be awful. ;) Stuff like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale would fly up the charts, I'd say.

Arthea

I also have a DO NOT WANT category. It includes stuff like Dota 2 Test, Chivalry: MW Beta, L4D2 Beta . The Ship Tutorial etc

you guys should consider my awesome category "NOPE" which has deeper meaning to it (><)

Haha, yeah, I just noticed that. It's summer here so I got my wires crossed. :p

Postal 2 is #12 on the Top Sellers list at this very moment and it's universally considered to be awful. ;) Stuff like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale would fly up the charts, I'd say.
Thought so, I wonder will valve make this sale summer sale for you like with autumn/spring

That's encouraging, yes.

JaseC

Thought so, I wonder will valve make this sale summer sale for you like with autumn/spring

Possibly, but if so I don't think it'd be the Summer Sale for those of us in southern territories on the count of the Summer Sale earlier in the year not having hemisphere-specific titles (Summer Sale -> Spring Sale -> Summer Sale would be a bit odd, haha).

denx

It would get kinda consfusing if they kept that naming convention across all their big sales. I think they will rename the Winter sale and call it the Holiday/Christmas sale, and keep the other sales as Summer/Winter sale and Autumn/Spring sale.

Momentary

Banned
I've been doubling up on my gym time to get my body ready for the Winter Seal. I'm going to try and knock down my wishlist from 44 down into the teens.

Arthea

Same, but I just went on ahead and bought the damn thing. BG2 and Planescape is basically $15. For a couple more you get the whole thing .

I'm like *shrugs* fuck it lol

Which one do you guys recommend starting with?

BG and PT are very different games, so it really doesn't matter which one you play first.

Arthea

Half a day left for the Groupees shinyloot bundle.
Hope it gets replaced with a good Be Mine.

Do we really need good bundles during steam sale?!
OF COURSE WE DO
I checked my wishlist, and understood that I'll have hard time this sale. I totally shouldn't have went all out at autumn sale :(

JaseC

I wish Steam would pick up WinAmp :(

I've been wondering if the streaming services will be integrated into Friends, so for example:

JaseC
In-Movie
[Something from this list, duh]

But more likely is just Steam setting your status to Busy when it knows you're streaming a movie/TV show.

Deques

If I buy all games that I have in my wishlist with the current prices it would cost me 1.024,38&#8364;. It's too much!

Edit: Btw, it seems that A Virus Named Tom has an option to reset all the achievements I have obtained in the game.

Jawmuncher

If you already own part of the bundle you can complete it with the 80% discount:

gogdealhjdes.jpg

Eh was tempted but then I remembered I own all the good stuff from the D&D anthology pack I bought on GamersGate which is drm free.Which is BG, BG 2, ID, ID 2, Planescape, and Temple of elemental evil (Which I have on GOG as well). Then I have NWN 2 on Steam.

Which leaves me wtih dragonshard (meh), Neverwinter Nights 1 (meh), and Demon Stone which is the only game I really want that's left. Sure would be nice to have it all in one place but im just too cheap. Maybe at 10-15 I would've bit.

_____________________________________________________________-

I never knew the enhanced editions were so expensive on steam geez.

Dr Dogg

Just finished Resident Evil: Revelations and to my surprise really enjoyed it (bullshit final boss aside). Seams to be just the right mix of the older style (1,2 & 3) and the newer ones (4 & 5). Though was a bit threadbare on the puzzle aspect and you can tell it was a handheld game as the enimies are massive and aiming is very forgivable. If you're a series fan definitely worth a punt if it comes up on sale soon.

Though seeing as I've just unlocked all the levels for the cavernous Raid mode seams like I'm far from done.

Crub

Power outage messed up my save file in SteamWorld Dig. Luckily I wasn't all that far in. Has this happened to anyone else in a PC game? I feel like it should be standard practice to keep a file of the last previous save. =(

Power outage messed up my save file in SteamWorld Dig. Luckily I wasn't all that far in. Has this happened to anyone else in a PC game? I feel like it should be standard practice to keep a file of the last previous save. =(

No Steam Cloud for this game?

Jawmuncher

Just finished Resident Evil: Revelations and to my surprise really enjoyed it (bullshit final boss aside). Seams to be just the right mix of the older style (1,2 & 3) and the newer ones (4 & 5). Though was a bit threadbare on the puzzle aspect and you can tell it was a handheld game as the enimies are massive and aiming is very forgivable. If you're a series fan definitely worth a punt if it comes up on sale soon.

Though seeing as I've just unlocked all the levels for the cavernous Raid mode seams like I'm far from done.

Revelations for me sits at an odd spot.
I like the ideas it was going for but wasn't a fan of a lot of the execution. To me a lot of times it felt like RE Lite. Though especially at a sale price of 12.50 or so i'd still recommend it. Especially as you said if you want something at least a little more akin to the older titles. I guess for me personally i'm just used to and more on board with the action gameplay from 5 and 6.

Raid mode can be a lot of fun especially if you can grab a buddy for the ghost ship.

Jawmuncher

Can I ask you about Agarest? I'm sure I bought the game with many dlc, but when I check downloadable content it shows that no dlc are there. Is it normal?

Start the game. If you get a bunch of rewards that pop up before the game starts then the DLC is there. If you start the game and nothing pops up then there's something wrong.
Like I said you can't miss if you have the DLC since it smacks you in the face to let you know you have it when you start the game. You'll hear a sort of success sound as well to accompany the items.

Yep, that's how L4D . Every single time. At least you didn't get team killed the second you entered the game. Worst, most hostile online community I have ever seen, truly abysmal. Absolutely not worth it if you aren't playing with friends only.

Played some Batman: AA and it seems even better than AC and I loved Arkham City to the point where I got 100% on it on PS3

AA is better, IMO.

As the next poster says:

The only way to play L4D is with friends.

AA is a much tighter, more streamlined game. AC had what felt like a larger world, but it also suffered due to this.

AA is too open and so all the sidequests and collectibles take on this GTA syndrome (which is the same reason I didn't like AC2 as much as AC).

gross

how do you recognize people then

I agree with you -- I tend to learn which posters I actually value contributions from and thus visually skim the page until I see their avatar and begin reading.

Arthea

Start the game. If you get a bunch of rewards that pop up before the game starts then the DLC is there. If you start the game and nothing pops up then there's something wrong.
Like I said you can't miss if you have the DLC since it smacks you in the face to let you know you have it when you start the game. You'll hear a sort of success sound as well to accompany the items.

Thanks!

edited: dlcs do show in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom