• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

graywolf323

A Steam user named Mitch kept an eye on this thread for a while and would ask Salsa for a game soon after he had posted about having been paid.

when I used to help out with gifting I had that happen a couple of times, nowhere near as bad as salsa and wilflare had it though

Grief.exe

Just finished up Steamworld Dig!

What an amazing little game, it incorporates digging with a metroidvania-lite. Could have used more bosses though.
Great mechanics, doesn't overstay its welcome, great PC port, excellent art style.

ibk5thgdsRbsbX.png

Stitch

Gold Member
Since I'm only in need of GTA:SA's German Mac app, I've decided to wait until the Winter Sale starts as SA alone should be half off, which saves me a few bucks (€5 versus €7.50 for the GTA4+SA bundle).

Mh ok. Winter Seal will start in a few days anyway :)

I wish more Steam games would have touch support (Got a Win8 Tablet).
There's a touch version of Pinball FX 2 on the Windows Store but the Steam Version doesn't support touch :(

I guess I could play FTL with this thing :O

Category G

Neo Member

What an amazing little game, it incorporates digging with a metroidvania-lite. Could have used more bosses though.
Great mechanics, doesn't overstay its welcome, great PC port, excellent art style.

ibk5thgdsRbsbX.png

Steamworld Dig was really nice. I just feel like I rushed it somewhat as it only took me two hours and 40 minutes to beat. D:

Grief.exe

It took you half a day to double your installed games. I bet before next year you'll have to buy another HDD. :D

I'm good for a little while now :) though I may install Chivalry or CS:GO for multiplayer with friends, always good installs to have.

Metro and Gone Home are the next in line, then I need a 'change of pace game' to take a break from first person. Was thinking about Bully.

Steamworld Dig was really nice. I just feel like I rushed it somewhat as it only took me two hours and 40 minutes to beat. D:

You really rushed it! There is actually an achievement for beating it in around that time.

cIaxzFd.png

EdmondD

Is this game similar to Terraria? Whenever I see this game I immediately think Terraria because of all the digging in that game. Metroidvania elements sounds cool.

Momentary

Banned

ibk5thgdsRbsbX.png

Isn't there only one boss
... I can't remember of any others.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I knew I bought Race the Sun during the Not on Steam Sale the other month. For some reason it's not listed on the site and I thought I was going crazy. :p

Colin.

"Thank you for ordering The Square Enix Christmas Surprise."

Curiosity got the better of me. I got some sort of disclaimer that I had to be 18+ in order to order it. Which could maybe narrow down what games will appear. Couldn't find a way to narrow down 18 rated games on their site, or Steam though.

Colin.

Can you buy the Square-Enix Christmas Bundle from outside of Europe?

You could try a proxy, but they haven't been too reliable whenever I've tried to buy from certain sites. The easiest option would be to get a European to order it for you, that doesn't intend on buying it. Since it is only one per customer.

FloatOn

Wrapped up Knife of Dunwall earlier tonight. Really pumped to bring down the Brigmore Witches over the next couple of days.

As much as I loved vanilla Dishonored I could really dig a Dishonored sequel starring Daud.

KuroNeeko

ibk5thgdsRbsbX.png

I've been meaning to get this game at the end of the month.

Did you feel like the game benefited from being on PC? I'm debating whether to get it on PC or DL from the Nintendo store.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked the higher difficulty. It managed to do what no mass effect game ever did. Made me rely on the abilities that my party members had to get through combat situations. Even then it wasn't that hard but there were one or two checkpoints where the difficulty was a bit too steep.

Of course the thing I enjoyed the most was the ending twist, that was kinda fun. Everyone should give this game a shot for $5 or maybe $10. Real shame about 2k Marine.

Yeah, I like that I can't handle a Muton alone and that I'm pretty much fucked if I lose one of my teammates early on in a battle, but when they decide to change position to a much shittier one without my permission it can be a bit frustrating. They can't manage themselves in the slightest on the hardest difficulty due to how fast even a Sectoid can clean out their health bar.

Carm

All of you guys losing saves in Uplay games, do you have cloud save sync turned on in Uplay settings? Way back, I thought I had lost a save and in reality the cloud sync was broken. Turned that off and my save popped up.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
All of you guys losing saves in Uplay games, do you have cloud save sync turned on in Uplay settings? Way back, I thought I had lost a save and in reality the cloud sync was broken. Turned that off and my save popped up.

Nope. That was the very first thing I looked into and to my surprise cloud saves were disabled.

Did you feel like the game benefited from being on PC? I'm debating whether to get it on PC or DL from the Nintendo store.

Yes.

It's going to look 800x better for not being on the 3DS screen and you can use your choice of control, I'd wager, which has got to be better than the circle pad on a 3DS (XL). Plus, it'll probably be cheaper on Steam than it is for 3DS.

So unless you want it portable for some reason, I'd say PC is the way to go. :)

--

So with the SE surprise gift, are the gifts likely to be steam keys, so I can at least regift them in here if I already own them? :)

Colin.

Thanks, I'll see if a manage to buy it from here :p

Hmm, could be wrong about my earlier claim. I went onto the product page, and it allows me to add it to my basket, without any "you already own this" type error. I just assumed it was one per customer, since I couldn't change the quantity when I checked out. Has anyone else ordered more than one out of curiosity?

Coldsun

Banned
Yes.

It's going to look 800x better for not being on the 3DS screen and you can use your choice of control, I'd wager, which has got to be better than the circle pad on a 3DS (XL). Plus, it'll probably be cheaper on Steam than it is for 3DS.

--

So with the SE surprise gift, are the gifts likely to be steam keys, so I can at least regift them in here if I already own them? :)

Yes, you can regift them.

I almost wish I'd never discovered downsampling. My poor, weak GTX670 can't handle it for most new games and it hurts knowing how much better everything could look with a better card.

Grief.exe

Is this game similar to Terraria? Whenever I see this game I immediately think Terraria because of all the digging in that game. Metroidvania elements sounds cool.

Other than being 2D and having digging elements? Not particularly.

Isn't there only one boss
... I can't remember of any others.

Yep

Man... I hope FFXIV ARR never comes to Steam. I played the Beta and I feel like I'd probably go back to 300 lbs if this happens again.

There is a registry entry and it has pictures attached to it.

Yes, very much. Though the 3DS version had 60 FPS, it scales greatly to 1080p and allows for much better control schemes.

Also has cards and achievements!

I knew I bought Race the Sun during the Not on Steam Sale the other month. For some reason it's not listed on the site and I thought I was going crazy. :p

Really good game. I've already spent something like 5 hours on it without noticing.

Edit: Reminder, the game is now $2.5 on GOG, and registering it on the dev website should give you a Steam key too.

KuroNeeko

Yes.

Yes, very much. Though the 3DS version had 60 FPS, it scales greatly to 1080p and allows for much better control schemes.

Also has cards and achievements!

Awesome. Will wait for the Winter Seal to purchase!

cicero

I will take this as an opportunity to give a friendly reminder to whoever else is interested in Race the Sun. It currently is $2.49 (75% off) on GOG for about another 12 hours during the current day long "Charge-up and Go!" promo they are running. You are given a key to register on the developer's site for MP purposes, and you are given a Steam key there once you register. $2.49 for Race the Sun on Steam and GOG. Good deal.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch!@#

Really good game. I've already spent something like 5 hours on it without noticing.

Edit: Reminder, the game is now $2.5 on GOG, and registering it on the dev website should give you a Steam key too.

I will leave mine up anyway, it is a good deal and worth a double mention.

Derrick01

Banned
holy shit. Even Ubisoft thinks Alan Wake has a lot of unnecessary 'collectibles'.

What's even worse is the pages spoil upcoming events. Not that anything in that game was exciting to begin with, but they ruined any chance of something exciting happening by telling me it's going to happen.

cicero

For some people, it's a choice between that and getting pestered by random strangers for games for them and their bro.

This is why I went private. Last one was a guy who friend requested me while we were still in-game and immediately asked for a game because "you have so many". I think I was at like 300-400 games in my library at that point. I tried to be nice and told him to wait for Steam sales or buy indie bundles like I was starting to do, he got belligerent. I don't need more of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom