• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

I knew I bought Race the Sun during the Not on Steam Sale the other month. For some reason it's not listed on the site and I thought I was going crazy. :p

You should have an email with the link to a Humble Store page and there's a key on there with which you have to register on another service to get the Steam key.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I liked Alan Wake. But I ended up liking American Nightmare because it was more "gamey" and the plot was...More self contained? Straight forward?

I don't think Alan Wake quite managed to overcome it's original open world aspirations and the design wasn't as "tight" as it should have been. The plot and the gameplay ended up feeling a bit meandering and pointless. Which considering it's Twin Peaks inspiration is pretty appropriate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You should have an email with the link to a Humble Store page and there's a key on there with which you have to register on another service to get the Steam key.

Yeah, I dug through my inbox and found the order confirmation e-mail.

JaseC

I created a Humble account and I claim the page with the keys each time I make an order. This way, it's easier to keep track of what I bought there, through their "Library" page.

Haha, I keep forgetting that there's a Humble Store account page.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I will take this as an opportunity to give a friendly reminder to whoever else is interested in Race the Sun. It currently is $2.49 (75% off) on GOG for about another 12 hours during the current day long "Charge-up and Go!" promo they are running. You are given a key to register on the developer's site for MP purposes, and you are given a Steam key there once you register. $2.49 for Race the Sun on Steam and GOG. Good deal.
Damn, now you've gone and made me buy it. Hope I can get my Steam key.

I played it on the one before that since I think nightmare is locked from the start. was challenging enough.

tbh really enjoyed everything about it. yea the gameplay can get tedious but I like it

Nightmare was locked from the start on the 360 version but they opened it up on the PC. Or at the very least once I got around to playing the PC version a few months after launch nightmare mode was unlocked from the start.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you don't play on the hardest difficulty, you didn't really play [insert game name here] and you can't express your opinion on it. Especially if you enjoyed it.

Sorry guys, that's a truthfact.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If you don't play on the hardest difficulty, you didn't really play [insert game name here] and you can't express your opinion on it. Especially if you enjoyed it.

I wish they'd make VR games where if you die you die in real life already, so these super hardcore folks could go and do their hardcore thing to prove how hardcore they are to everyone (or die trying).

derExperte

Recommended if you can play it together with a friend.

I played it on the one before that since I think nightmare is locked from the start. was challenging enough.

Alan Wake PC was more difficult than the 360 version on the same difficulty setting afair. At least on normal it was and I liked the balance (and the game, one of my favorites last year).

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Alan Wake PC was more difficult than the 360 version on the same difficulty setting afair. At least on normal it was and I liked the balance (and the game, one of my favorites last year).

With a KB&M combo AW in normal was very easy for me.

JaseC

I used the 360 pad like I usually do with 3rd person games, maybe I should try nightmare with kb/m one day.

I'll generally play third-person shooters with the kb&m, whereas something like Batman I'll use the X360 controller for as the added precision isn't advantageous, at least to any notable extent.

Momentary

Banned
How long did the Race the Sun redemption email take to receive?

It did take a while.

I'll generally play third-person shooters with the kb&m, whereas something like Batman I'll use the X360 controller for as the added precision isn't advantageous, at least to any notable extent.

Yeah... Beat'em ups and character action games are a no go for me on mouse and keyboard.

tbh really enjoyed everything about it. yea the gameplay can get tedious but I like it

You need to fiddle with the launch options but I thought it was worth it. Enjoyed it much more than Normal.

You can talk about Alan Wake all you want. Not Alan Wake: Best Edition though.

Smash88

Banned
Now that I finished my Masters. Sitting here relaxing for the holidays with family is so awesome.

All I need now is December 19th to COME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! I need to get my sale on - there are so many games I WANT!.
That I will never play.

mannerbot

Isn't there only one boss
... I can't remember of any others.

Yes. Steamworld Dig is basically just digging to get money to buy unlocks so you can dig more. And then when the game seems like it's finally "starting to get good," it ends. I really don't understand the praise.

Flunkie

Banned
Now that I finished my Masters. Sitting here relaxing for the holidays with family is so awesome.

All I need now is December 19th to COME AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE! I need to get my sale on - there are so many games I WANT!.
That I will never play.
That must feel so great.

Cheddahz

Banned
Well, I just completed Final Fantasy VIII, so now I can move onto something new!

Which probably means I'll just end up playing Counter Strike or NBA 2K14

maneil99

If steam had a PlayStation Plus like service would you guys be interested? 50$ a year for games that are added to your account aslong as you subscribe as well as better discounts?

okay, Samurai Gunn is definitely the shit, top 10 GOTY material, easily. Can I just get this instead of Smash Bros. 3DS?

Two cool things I noticed:

1. If someone gets killed in the water, it stays red for a few seconds.

2. Getting into the water makes your gun unusable. I noticed this a bit too late when I tried to kill my enemy with a squirt of water and was consequently chopped in half.
The combat is insanely satisfying

Also decapitated heads float in water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom