• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving away keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dwarfs?! -- MB-305C1F18C91E8C9B - Taken by Motorbreath
Zeno Clash -- MB-8613EF13F6865C71 - Taken by KenOD
Damnation -- MB-68300B8CF8714F49 - Taken by Nabs
Killing Floor -- MB-75D5B3289FDAE2CD - Taken by gwynplaine

Nabs

Giving away keys:

thx. screenshots look amazing.

ss_533d88f444a2c0e304eafeac5e4ebd96ee9af613.1920x1080.jpg

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Half Life 3
Stars of Blood
Portal 3

All SteamOS exclusive. Stars of Blood multiplayer only available to members of the exclusive Sauna premium service. Only $55 a year or $5 a month. Weekly and daily deals last twice as long, with exclusive access to members only sales, cards, emoticons and profile backgrounds.

Get steamy in the Sauna today.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thanks for Zeno Clash HalfwayOrb.

Half Life 3
Stars of Blood
Portal 3

All SteamOS exclusive. Stars of Blood multiplayer only available to members of the exclusive Sauna premium service. Only $55 a year or $5 a month. Weekly and daily deals last twice as long, with exclusive access to members only sales, cards, emoticons and profile backgrounds.

Get steamy in the Sauna today.

I can't wait to play Metal Gear Rising, only on Steam OS. Slicing as only haptic feedback can provide.

You need to screenshot the "press Q R F W R Z BACKSPACE SPACE ESCAPE R F H E to jump" screen, or whatever it was.
Oh, found it.

Such a natural hand position required I don't know why more games don't use it.

Seeing the griffin in Lord of the Rings reminded me that Dragon's Dogma still isn't out on steam :/ It has to happen at some time right? Really is one of the most ambitious, weird, and best games of the last decade and it deserves a proper framerate.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seeing the griffin in Lord of the Rings reminded me that Dragon's Dogma still isn't out on steam :/ It has to happen at some time right? Really is one of the most ambitious, weird, and best games of the last decade and it really deserves a proper framerate.

I still hold hope.

Miguel81

About Outrun 2006 CtoC. Is SEGA ever going to put it back on Steam? I love that game, but I don't buy hard copies anymore.

Edit: And another missing game Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow. Is Ubisoft waiting for someone else to fix the lighting issues like with the first game?

Levyne

Banned
Seeing the griffin in Lord of the Rings reminded me that Dragon's Dogma still isn't out on steam :/ It has to happen at some time right? Really is one of the most ambitious, weird, and best games of the last decade and it deserves a proper framerate.

Yeah. I played this thanks to PS+ and while the game was really interesting, that framerate really dampens the experience. I don't know if I'd double dip though, I've seen most all it had to offer.

I guess platinum-ing the damn thing despite terrible performance is a sign that I rather enjoyed the content, otherwise.

JaseC

About Outrun 2006 CtoC. Is SEGA ever going to put it back on Steam? I love that game, but I don't buy hard copies anymore.

I'm hoping Konami striking gold with reobtaining the Saw licence will give other publishers similar ideas, but more likely is that it won't reappear unless Sega puts another racer into production with Ferrari vehicles.

Miguel81

I'm hoping Konami striking gold with reobtaining the Saw licence will give other publishers similar ideas, but more likely is that it won't reappear unless Sega puts another racer into production with Ferrari vehicles.

Thanks, I didn't know it had to do with the Ferrari License.
Sonic All-Stars Transformed w/DLC will make me nostalgic for Outrun, I know it.

Anteater

Sven left, the dream is dead :(

One thing I really want to see happen is a moddable dragon's dogma, the game has its problems, but mods would really help fixing the balancing and add a lot of replay values.

Miguel81

Sven left, the dream is dead :(

One thing I really want to see happen is a moddable dragon's dogma, the game has its problems, but mods would really help fixing the balancing and add a lot of replay values.

Capcom must be blind. Have they not seen how well DS has done on PC(and with gfwl, no less).

Oh, I went and bought Bundlebandits bundle without noticing that the game that I wanted from it - Puddle - wasn't in there anymore. Well it was only 0.75$ for some Desura keys (already had Dead Hungry Diner).

Help me guys, should I get the GOG pack?

I'm afraid if I get it then I might start buying games from GOG, and I spend enough as it is with Steam :(

Nabs

It's Capcom. They could do it, but that would make too much sense.

denx

I'm afraid if I get it then I might start buying games from GOG, and I spend enough as it is with Steam :(

The D&D pack?

do-it.gif

I mean c'mon, you are getting a pack that is full of some of the best RPG's of all time. Seems like a no brainer to me.

JaseC

The D&D pack? I'd recommend it seeing as Hasbro has shown no intention of bringing them to Steam.

Tellaerin

I'm probably in the minority here, but I wouldn't mind if they went ahead and rereleased Outrun 2006 with some genericized sportscar models in place of the Ferraris. Outrun's not a racing sim, so they don't handle like real Ferraris anyway, and the fact that I was supposedly driving a Ferrari in the game meant nothing to me (or anyone else I know, for that matter). Give me some sexy Ridge Racer-esque fictional sportscars instead and I'd be totally content.

Got an early Christmas present in the form of an Amazon gift card, so I just bought myself Dishonored.

Holy damn, I can actually play this game.

Holy damn, I can actually play this game, and it's really flipping good.

I might have a more coherent analysis when I wipe this grin off my face and stop playing for a bit.

dreamfall

Question for Steam GAF!

I've been playing Saints Row IV- picked up the Season Pass for cheap, and wanted to play the DLCs! They showed up as quests, but now when I load the game one of them doesn't show and I get a message saying "Some of the previously installed DLC is missing." When I go the Christmas DLC page, it doesn't say I own it. But the Dominatrix page does?

How do I re-download Season Pass content?! Strangeness indeed!

Knurek

Farming more card money in preparation for Seal. $20 so far.

You done good, volvo, you done good. I just wish there was some way to exploit foil drop rate (known only to me, obviously). :)

JaseC

Question for Steam GAF!

I've been playing Saints Row IV- picked up the Season Pass for cheap, and wanted to play the DLCs! They showed up as quests, but now when I load the game one of them doesn't show and I get a message saying "Some of the previously installed DLC is missing." When I go the Christmas DLC page, it doesn't say I own it. But the Dominatrix page does?

How do I re-download Season Pass content?! Strangeness indeed!

Verify the game's cache: Right-click -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache.

Tizoc

Farming more card money in preparation for Seal. $20 so far.

You done good, volvo, you done good. I just wish there was some way to exploit foil drop rate (known only to me, obviously). :)

Stick it to the man has cards too, and will be on sale once the Seal begins, so you could buy it, play it and finish it as it's a rather short but fun game, and then sell off the cards for a RoI.

dreamfall

Verify the game's cache: Right-click -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache.

This was totally the first thing I tried, and nothing :/

If I re-install it completely, will I lose my save files? I think they've been syncing online, but I always seem to have strange issues re-installing!

Also, when checking the DLC tab (after checking the Local files) it shows that I own the Season Pass, and a couple other things but not the Christmas shindig! Sheeeeeeit.

EDIT: Well damn, there's a forum topic on it on Steam hub! Lemme explore- thanks for the suggestions JaseC!

For all those wondering (from the the Steam topic):

Thanks for the info. It does sound like it's a problem for all regions, and we are looking into it. Thanks for being patient while we get things sorted out.

JaseC

This was totally the first thing I tried, and nothing :/

If I re-install it completely, will I lose my save files? I think they've been syncing online, but I always seem to have strange issues re-installing!

Also, when checking the DLC tab (after checking the Local files) it shows that I own the Season Pass, and a couple other things but not the Christmas shindig! Sheeeeeeit.

Ah, it seems the Christmas DLC wasn't supposed to be included in the Season Pass, or perhaps it was removed in error:

Arthea

DocSeuss

Ah, it seems the Christmas DLC wasn't supposed to be included in the Season Pass, or perhaps it was removed in error:

Huh. Worked fine for me last night. Only had three main missions. Kinda dull. Saints Row IV's DLC's been a massive letdown after the reasonably substantial Clone DLC from Saints Row: The Third.

Darkroronoa

gamersgate dalies are great today, I swear they do it on purpose!

Typing of the Dead -66%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TOTDOK/typing-of-the-dead-overkill

The Last Remnant -75%
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TLR/the-last-remnant-tm

gog gives many free games, may be that's how you got it? Although I don't remember Broken Sword being free..

I want typing of the dead but i will control myself and i will protect the content of my wallet until it is the right time!

Last remnant is a good game though,good price,but its also hard to understand its mechanics,i never did.I am not sure why i liked it.

scotcheggz

Anyone have any impressions of FATE? I just saw its on steam, it looks like an old skool isometric dungeon crawler. I can't seem to find much info about it though and the trailer didn't show much outside of characters walking.

Arthea

I want typing of the dead but i will control myself and i will protect the content of my wallet until it is the right time!

Last remnant is a good game though,good price,but its also hard to understand its mechanics,i never did.I am not sure why i liked it.

Protection is too hard to achieve with all winter sales going, close to impossible. (><)

The Last Remnant is a great and huge game. I wish people would give a chance to it, it takes time, but it's so satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Especially for that price.
Random can drive you mad, and crafting is frustrating and insanely expensive, but battle system and generals and their side quests are worth it.

Tellaerin

Protection is too hard to achieve with all winter sales going, close to impossible. (><)

The Last Remnant is a great and huge game. I wish people would give a chance to it, it takes time, but it's so satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Especially for that price.
Random can drive you mad, and crafting is frustrating and insanely expensive, but battle system and generals and their side quests are worth it.

I need to get back to that. I played a few hours into it and enjoyed what I played, but then I got distracted with some other games and haven't gone back to it since. ^^;

Huh. Worked fine for me last night. Only had three main missions. Kinda dull. Saints Row IV's DLC's been a massive letdown after the reasonably substantial Clone DLC from Saints Row: The Third.

I kinda liked the Christmas DLC better than the Enter the Dominatrix one. The Dominatrix one was totally lazy, using Artworks as cutscenes...

But both of them were far too short. I finished each in like 45 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom