• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freezard

0.94 cents for Primal Carnage on GamersGate.
40 minutes left on the deal limited to 2 copies per account.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PRIMAL/primal-carnage

EVERYONE needs to buy this. 0.94 cent's alone the card money you get from this will cover that. Not to mention it's the best Dinosaur game on steam and one hell of a MP game. I'll be modbotting the 2 copies I bought later.

Looking at the screens, not sure if joke or not :p

Acccent

You don't have to do every puzzle. Just move on.
Do you suggest I just intentionally leave a room that I've discovered unsolved? Madness!
205134-LaytonDiva-Header.jpg

I loved this game, by the way. One of the better puzzle games because the mechanics are so unique, there is no frame of reference for your brain to work off of. Its a game like Braid, where you have to think about things in ways your brain has never really had to before.

I also felt the learning curve was perfect. Nothing ever felt too difficult. Anytime I got stuck, it was largely just because I wasn't being imaginative enough, not because the solution was too ridiculous to figure out.

I don't think the main mechanic is actually very original, I've seen it used several times before... But it's how it's used that's genius; you think you've seen every idea, and then it introduces a whole new way to solve problems and you're like - 'wait, how didn't I think of this before? I could have been doing it since the beginning' (like when you first realize that
you can basically fly be swapping yourself vertically over and over
). And the atmosphere and story and sound design are also superb :)

(also I almost corrected every double-space in your post before I realized it was intentional)

Jawmuncher

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Primal Carnage -- MB-61366E59ED9BDC96 - Taken by Milamber. 24 entrants total.
Primal Carnage #2 -- MB-E757C66F8E78F775 - Taken by chronomac. 13 entrants total.
Primal Carnage #3 -- MB-E6F84513534B8137 - Taken by FauX. 13 entrants total.

t1387212921z1.png

GET YOUR DINOS HERE!!!
Kinda Related Note: Dino D-Day just got Cards.

Looking at the screens, not sure if joke or not :p

You shame me. Regardless the deals done now but still Primal Carnage is pretty awesome.
Like I said easily the best dinosaur game on steam and hell the best dinosaur game in general in recent memory.
Especially compared to Dino D-Day Primal Carnage is Perfection.

GET YOUR DINOS HERE!!!
Kinda Related Note: Dino D-Day just got Cards.

You shame me. Regardless the deals done now but still Primal Carnage is pretty awesome.
Like I said easily the best dinosaur game on steam and hell the best dinosaur game in general in recent memory.

Thanks. I tried for all 3 :)

Arthea

I yearn for the day when that's a reality.
Will easily have a giveaway for that. To bad capcom sucks and doesn't realize money is smacking them in the face. You'd think with the success of FF7 and FF8 Capcom would put the work in.

Or Konami...
What I'm talking about... Konami is beyond reason :(

The_Monk

Will easily have a giveaway for that. To bad capcom sucks and doesn't realize money is smacking them in the face. You'd think with the success of FF7 and FF8 Capcom would put the work in.

I have great nostalgia for Dino Crisis and fond memories too. Something about that game really scared me back then, I still have the memory of the sounds of opening those doors and going through the menus.

Divius

EVERYONE needs to buy this. 0.94 cent's alone the card money you get from this will cover that. Not to mention it's the best Dinosaur game on steam and one hell of a MP game. I'll be modbotting the 2 copies I bought later.
Of course I miss this by a few minutes :mad: I <3 Dinosaurs

But I had a good reason for I was actually playing a game.. FEZ! And I fucking love it, it's magical. Love the artstyle, game mechanics and music. I've only put an hour into it but it's really, really cool.

Tizoc

Did you know that Capcom released Breath of Fire IV on PC?
Now THAT's a game I'd drop $10-$15 over, even if Durante will be required to fix it up.

Dinos Crisis finally on Steam? Yes!

;)

We need Dino Crisis 3, not that thing that was released for the Xbox a proper DC 3 in the lines of the first game, claustrophobic places and more focused on survival than the action. DC 2 was a good game but it was just too easy with the point systems allowing you to buy the weapons and upgrades.

Just bought Wasteland 2 for 44,99&#8364;. Goddamn whatthefuckiswrongwithme.jpg?

Nothing is wrong you just have good taste. :D

Jawmuncher

We need Dino Crisis 3, not that thing that was released for the Xbox a proper DC 3 in the lines of the first game, claustrophobic places and more focused on survival than the action. DC 2 was a good game but it was just too easy with the point systems allowing you to buy the weapons and upgrades.

Was about to lose it when I read that at first. Funny how most fans of DC have an unwritten rule about saying DC3 doesn't exist. But I agree A real sequel would be nice. Though at this point i'd take it playing like the first or second as long as it was good.

Did you know that Capcom released Breath of Fire IV on PC?
Now THAT's a game I'd drop $10-$15 over, even if Durante will be required to fix it up.

It really is odd all these companies sitting on games that already have PC ports. You would think with the success of GOG at the least would make them think about rereleasing them.

Of course I miss this by a few minutes :mad: I <3 Dinosaurs

But I had a good reason for I was actually playing a game.. FEZ! And I fucking love it, it's magical. Love the artstyle, game mechanics and music. I've only put an hour into it but it's really, really cool.

I still need to play Fez. After Gunpoint which got bumbed to the top of my list because a friend gifted it to me. Fez will be what I play.

I have great nostalgia for Dino Crisis and fond memories too. Something about that game really scared me back then, I still have the memory of the sounds of opening those doors and going through the menus.

DC1 is very underrated as a horror game. I'll easily say that out of the capcom fare it was the scariest of the lot.

Or Konami...
What I'm talking about... Konami is beyond reason :(

Yeah Konami is all but lost at this point. Still surprised we got Castlevania and Revengeance coming. But when you don't even bring over a game that uses Unreal Engine to PC something is wrong.

Really hopin I win one! Watched a LP when I saw your post and it looks like I'd really enjoy this game. If not I hope that maybe one of my old prepaid visas has enough on it to buy it!

Yep if you like Dinosaurs and Action you can't go wrong with Primal Carnage.

Hawkie

Just bought Wasteland 2 for 44,99&#8364;. Goddamn whatthefuckiswrongwithme.jpg?

I put quite a bit more than that down on it on the Kickstarter (albeit with a bunch of great 'rewards') and should have a digital copy to give away. I'm sure they appreciate the support.

Aitor

Damn it missed another great deal.
Last week at work (IBM) started to block all gaming related sites....

The_Monk

I put quite a bit more than that down on it on the Kickstarter (albeit with a bunch of great 'rewards') and should have a digital copy to give away. I'm sure they appreciate the support.

Make sure post your impressions fellow GAFfer, here or in the thread Grief created. From what I've seen it seems it's going to be longer than Shadowrun Returns which was my biggest fear (I was expecting more considering its genre). Now let's hope for some meaty quests and decent Story. I've been checking some streams every now and then and the soundtrack seems great too.

Freezard

Yeah I just thought the screens were terrible. Don't think they were even in-game. I took a shower and the deal was gone already... well that was quick.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

This is what I get for showering and having lunch. Totally missed this deal. :(

Was about to lose it when I read that at first. Funny how most fans of DC have an unwritten rule about saying DC3 doesn't exist. But I agree A real sequel would be nice. Though at this point i'd take it playing like the first or second as long as it was good.

Just imagine an HD remake of both games.

wazoo

Capcom has heard the complains of PC gamers about the lack of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PC vs the console. Now, nobody will have it anymore.

Anteater

Guess with max payne 3 done, I'll replace the tps slot with Binary Domain, Dishonored is going to have to wait, still got bioshock infinite and 2 to go through.

Might give up on electronic super joy, it's actually interesting but I'm not precise enough with some of the inputs, I always slide down platforms even though I pressed jump.

Seanspeed

Banned
Do you suggest I just intentionally leave a room that I've discovered unsolved? Madness!
205134-LaytonDiva-Header.jpg
Haha. Up to you. I find its a necessary coping mechanism in most puzzle games.

I don't think the main mechanic is actually very original, I've seen it used several times before... But it's how it's used that's genius; you think you've seen every idea, and then it introduces a whole new way to solve problems and you're like - 'wait, how didn't I think of this before? I could have been doing it since the beginning' (like when you first realize that
you can basically fly be swapping yourself vertically over and over
). And the atmosphere and story and sound design are also superb :)

(also I almost corrected every double-space in your post before I realized it was intentional)
I guess its the first time I've seen this sort of cloning mechanic before.

And yea, the double spacing thing is just something I grew up with and have never managed to relearn. Is it really considered that improper nowadays? :(

FloatOn

hey I don't know if JShackles is around today but I thought of an EnhancedSteam idea that could be good for the achievement hunters out there. (I'm on my work pc so this may already be in effect so if it is I apologize)

I consult my All Games tab pretty often to see my play times and I've always wondered why the achievements don't show up like they do in the Recently Played tab. See Figure 1 for the illustration:

cNJKduX.png

(figure one)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I have my sneaking suspicion the Winter Sale may start on December 20th. I mainly say this as while looking at a lot of Steam games that are on sale that just recently released and having release sales, I notice that almost all end their promotions on the 20th.

Turfster

I consult my All Games tab pretty often to see my play times and I've always wondered why the achievements don't show up like they do in the Recently Played tab.

Because that would be a fuckton of lookups and make the crappy webpage even slower.

I have my sneaking suspicion the Winter Sale may start on December 20th. I mainly say this as while looking at a lot of Steam games that are on sale, I notice that almost all games that currently have sales end their promotions on the 20th.

We know it's the 19th to the 2nd.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Is Primal Carnage the one where you play as either dinosaurs or humans but with classes? The non-Dino D-Day game I mean.

Anything happened to it? We have to wait till 20th to know what's in it.

I need to gather all my strength and do that sometime. I wish there was method to find out which keys are used, which aren't.

Still no US version huh?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Because that would be a fuckton of lookups and make the crappy webpage even slower.

We know it's the 19th to the 2nd.

Pft, I missed it then. Nice to know, I was just thinking about it as going and doing some game checking I kept on seeing December 20th pop up on so many current promotions of recently released games.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hey I don't know if JShackles is around today but I thought of an EnhancedSteam idea that could be good for the achievement hunters out there. (I'm on my work pc so this may already be in effect so if it is I apologize)

I consult my All Games tab pretty often to see my play times and I've always wondered why the achievements don't show up like they do in the Recently Played tab. See Figure 1 for the illustration:

cNJKduX.png

(figure one)

I am here and the option in Enhanced Steam you're looking for is "Show achievement stats on All Games page". However, it'll only show your achievement progress and not your recently acquired achievements. For some reason Valve didn't see fit to add the achievement unlock dates for users in their API.

FloatOn

what I'm saying partially exists on the recently played tab and it doesn't take that long to display that page. Quite a few games don't even have steam achievements so I don't think it would be as bad as you think.

Turfster

what I'm saying partially exists on the recently played tab and it doesn't take that long to display that page. Quite a few games don't even have steam achievements so I don't think it would be as bad as you think.

Still needs to check each and every single game for achievements, and unlike the recent games tab, all games isn't split by 10/25/50, but shows everything at once by default.
Now imagine that happening for people like Jase or xelios and multiply this by 7 million users =p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Still needs to check each and every single game for achievements, and unlike the recent games tab, all games isn't split by 10/25/50, but shows everything at once.
Now imagine that happening for people like Jase or xelios and multiply this by 7 million users =p

When I asked Valve about this, your reasons are the exact ones they gave me as to why this isn't done by default.

When Enhanced Steam does this, it excludes games with no playtime and also excludes games that don't have achievements. On my own profile, with 1422 games, the process takes about a minute and a half to pull all of the data.

Damn I missed that Primal Fear deal.
Question about modbot, are you allowed to send 2 seperate PM's for 2 different MB- codes within one giveaway? I am only saying this because there are 3 different Primal Fear codes there!

Turfster

Damn I missed that Primal Fear deal.
Question about modbot, are you allowed to send 2 seperate PM's for 2 different MB- codes within one giveaway? I am only saying this because there are 3 different Primal Fear codes there!

It's not marked as a free for all, so I think modbot will just ignore all pms it receives after the first one.
When I asked Valve about this, your reasons are the exact ones they gave me as to why this isn't done by default.
I've done database server load management.
I'm always good at seeing the worst case scenario for these things ;)

It's not marked as a free for all, so I think modbot will just ignore all pms it receives after the first one.

I've done database server load management.
I'm always good at seeing the worst case scenario for these things ;)

Fair enough, well I entered one. Thanks Jawmuncher for the chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom