• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Last Remnant is a great and huge game. I wish people would give a chance to it, it takes time, but it's so satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Especially for that price.
Random can drive you mad, and crafting is frustrating and insanely expensive, but battle system and generals and their side quests are worth it.

Do you think it is ace Davey?

Because boy is that one heck of a barrier to get past to enjoy the game.

Holy jeez, Chivalry Deadliest Warrior $3.75 (steam redeemable)
code: 10thanks
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.291435900/

Lowest it's been on steam is $11

I get $13.45 so probably region locked?

Dr Dogg

Meant to post this last night, but after reinstalling AC IV Uplay went mental and started throwing up lots of "congratulations you've unlocked..." notifications including the PlayStaion exclusive Aveline dlc. So it's the same deal as ACIII then with the Benjamin Franklin stuff in that it's only timed exclusive or just not on a Xbox.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Meant to post this last night, but after reinstalling AC IV Uplay went mental and started throwing up lots of "congratulations you've unlocked..." notifications including the PlayStaion exclusive Aveline dlc. So it's the same deal as ACIII then with the Benjamin Franklin stuff in that it's only timed exclusive or just not on a Xbox.

The latter -- it's been available on the PC (as part of the DDE/GE) since launch.

Knurek

The Last Remnant is a great and huge game. I wish people would give a chance to it, it takes time, but it's so satisfying game when you get the hang of it. Especially for that price.

The game should include an "Akitoshi Kawazu Inside" alert.
The guy just tends to make such charming trainwrecks of a game. Pity Romancing SaGa games are not officially available on PC. :\

Arthea

Do you think it is ace Davey?

Because boy is that one heck of a barrier to get past to enjoy the game.

Not saying that any game can be enjoyed by everyone, let alone the Last Remnant, just saying is worth to try, because if it clicks, oh boy! what a satisfaction that is. (><)

The game should include an "Akitoshi Kawazu Inside" alert.
The guy just tends to make such charming trainwrecks of a game. Pity Romancing SaGa games are not officially available on PC. :\

I don't really find tLR being that much like sagas, it has some common elements, but it's not exactly similar.
Not that I would mind sagas on steam.
don't see that happening, though :(

Divius

No top 5 Steam Games from me. I looked into it and the amount of games from 2013 I played is shameful.

I liked Contagion. I disliked Reus and Brutal Legend.
I also played Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite but would not put them in my list.

Other then that I own like 8 games from 2013 of which I have played 0 (well a few minutes of this, few minutes of that)

*goes back to playing Dark Souls*

Arthea

Anybody here plays Magic 2014?
I'm going trough campaign, unlocking cards and decks and I get slaughtered by Shaman. Not sure how I can win against someone drawing double or triple or quadruple cards when I have no ability to do so. I tried direct approach, ridding off those cards, but it doesn't work, as it seems to be unlimited amount of those in Shaman's deck. Any word of advise?

Anteater

I'm getting better at sonic racing now, I can win on medium difficulty! Not sure what I can do about items though, I sometimes get hit and lose on the last lap.

MRORANGE

Less than 4 days to vote...

,-- Click for info.

t1387476000z0.png

People who have been added to the poll so far (send a pm if you can't see your name.):

RealityExists, JaseC, PriitV, valouris, More_Badass, Baron von Loathsome, zkylon, BennyBlanco, Cheddahz, PetriP-TNT, xenoflux2113, OldAsUrSock, Nzyme32, didamangi, Zia, Tenrius, ArjanN, chronomac, jshackles, Iron Badger, Intheflorsh, SinineSiil, vermadas, Dice, Xavin, Karu, Mengy, Dambrosi, Camel Master, Baron_Calamity, Backlogger, Storm360, Wok, DukeBobby, PandaPedinte, Roboleon, Slyjss, cicero, Nabs, Cth, theMrCravens, mannerbot, NaM, Atraveller, arts&crafts, MMBosstones86, toddhunter, RionaaM, Whools, Rayge, destx, DXLelouch153, sofiabudapest, Robert J. Sullivan, ctw0e, wetflame, Phinor, Jawmuncher, Dolor, kafiend, kurahador, DeadlyVirus, Locust, Chairmanchuck, Tesseract, PhaZZe, Ezra2680, KenOD, MulderWasTaken, Lain, hitoshi, adaen, Blizzard, Boss Doggie, Khronico, Jørdan, Faabulous, Ryne, Widdly Scuds, Glass Rebel, grindamasta, Tellaerin, blackMamba1187, 28 Posts Later, Angel Abaddon, sprinkles, Accent, nexen, denx, Santiako, not psycho, Milamber, GuardsmanGreg, The_Monk, phantomspiker, Eanan, corrosivefrost, thrillho, fantomena, Fare Godmace, sapsari, derExperte, Blue Ninja, Vecks, MarcoZombieCannon, legacyzero, Durante, Dimitri2401, vazduh, Jame Retief, Smash88, SpongeBob NoPants, Mister_Bubbles, Caerith, spinalscratch, Tomodachi, Rhete, Think Different, Alessandro, NingenJanai,

Nabs

http://mightanddelight.com/

STOCKHOLM, Swe. - December 16 2013 - We are
very happy to present our latest project
"Nurture". It's a small simplistic game where we
invite you to return to the world of Shelter every
day to take care of your young. In this intimate
and slow paced experience you will feed your
cubs and seing your small family begin its life.

Nurture is a free experience that is accessable
to anyone that owns a copy of Shelter. Simply
select "nurture" via "extras" in Shelters main menu.
nurture.jpg

I hope you all appreciate the formatting.

Freezard

Anybody here plays Magic 2014?
I'm going trough campaign, unlocking cards and decks and I get slaughtered by Shaman. Not sure how I can win against someone drawing double or triple or quadruple cards when I have no ability to do so. I tried direct approach, ridding off those cards, but it doesn't work, as it seems to be unlimited amount of those in Shaman's deck. Any word of advise?

Nope but I've fallen in love with Hearthstone and I have a sudden surge for checking out the Magic games now.

MRORANGE

Right, got some space back on my HDD so gonna start VBox with SteamOS, really tempted to buy a itx board with some sort of integrated amd/ion gpu.

I usually just get hate mail and a once in a while a 'thank you' pm.

I don't think I've ever got hate mail, although there was one thread where some people wanted me to be banned/juniored.

Nabs

It is a puzzle game, there's no point in looking up anything unless you want to defeat the purpose of the game.

Eh. Puzzle games usually have shitty puzzles mixed in, so I'm not going to kill myself over every last one. The Swapper was one of the few games that seemed to have the perfect difficulty throughout. There was just one puzzle that just gave me a hard time, and I'm glad I looked it up.

Deques

0.94 cents for Primal Carnage on GamersGate.
40 minutes left on the deal limited to 2 copies per account.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PRIMAL/primal-carnage

EVERYONE needs to buy this. 0.94 cent's alone the card money you get from this will cover that. Not to mention it's the best Dinosaur game on steam and one hell of a MP game. I'll be modbotting the 2 copies I bought later.

Bought it, despite I didn't want it. But hey! I had enough blue coins to buy it

Edit: Are the DLCs worth getting?

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Eh. Puzzle games usually have shitty puzzles mixed in, so I'm not going to kill myself over every last one. The Swapper was one of the few games that seemed to have the perfect difficulty throughout. There was just one puzzle that just gave me a hard time, and I'm glad I looked it up.

It's okay. I'm just too stubborn to look for the solution somewhere else, that's the reason I have 2 puzzles left in Toki Tori to get a 100% of the game for at least 2 years now, but nope, I'm not looking that up.

Seanspeed

Banned
Man The Swapper is hard. I'm stuck :(
You don't have to do every puzzle. Just move on.

I loved this game, by the way. One of the better puzzle games because the mechanics are so unique, there is no frame of reference for your brain to work off of. Its a game like Braid, where you have to think about things in ways your brain has never really had to before.

I also felt the learning curve was perfect. Nothing ever felt too difficult. Anytime I got stuck, it was largely just because I wasn't being imaginative enough, not because the solution was too ridiculous to figure out.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
0.94 cents for Primal Carnage on GamersGate.
40 minutes left on the deal limited to 2 copies per account.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-PRIMAL/primal-carnage

EVERYONE needs to buy this. 0.94 cent's alone the card money you get from this will cover that. Not to mention it's the best Dinosaur game on steam and one hell of a MP game. I'll be modbotting the 2 copies I bought later.

Ravaged
Rocketbirds
Guncraft

Also mispriced.

Acccent

Which room? I'll let you know if you're stuck on one that forced me to look it up.

It's one where you have just one switch on a platform, and pressing it causes two vertical doors to either open or close... each door blocks a red light, but obviously they're never both open at the same time, so they're always one red light stopping you from swapping bodies.

There's also a blue light on the floor that you can block with a box. And the orb or whatever it's called is on another platform, above the one with the switch.

I'll probably get it, last thursday I was stumped on a room to the point where I thought I just had to progress in the game to get some new powers because it seemed simply not doable; and on friday I went back to it and solved it in one go like it was obvious. Sometimes you just need a break :)

Arthea

What happened to that Squeenix gift thing.

Also do you guys check out your old bundles? I sometimes seeing games I never purchased that got added!

Anything happened to it? We have to wait till 20th to know what's in it.

I need to gather all my strength and do that sometime. I wish there was method to find out which keys are used, which aren't.

Nabs

It's one where you have just one switch on a platform, and pressing it causes two vertical doors to either open or close... each door blocks a red light, but obviously they're never both open at the same time, so they're always one red light stopping you from swapping bodies.

There's also a blue light on the floor that you can block with a box. And the orb or whatever it's called is on another platform, above the one with the switch.

I'll probably get it, last thursday I was stumped on a room to the point where I thought I just had to progress in the game to get some new powers because it seemed simply not doable; and on friday I went back to it and solved it in one go like it was obvious. Sometimes you just need a break :)

I had a similar experience with that one. I got stuck and called it a night. Came back the next day and got it almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom