• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Quick raffle with a few spare Steam keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-42344F8A84B10EE3 - Taken by Fuu. 10 entrants total.
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-DE288F6EDCF9DEAF - Taken by Kirosia. 1 entrants total.
Oozie Earth Adventures -- MB-CE4B809B89D3307A - Taken by random. 7 entrants total.

t1387214721z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
New Bundlestars
  • APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack)
  • Arena Wars 2
  • Coniclysm
  • Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition
  • Prime World: Defenders
  • Clickr

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
New Bundlestars
  • APB Reloaded (Stackable Premium Pack)
  • Arena Wars 2
  • Coniclysm
  • Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition
  • Prime World: Defenders
  • Clickr

Make your own joke at home using the following ingredients:

When gas is depleted in a motor-vehicle, yet the vehicle is still capable of forward motion, it is said to be "running on fumes."

A star is made of gas.

hey guys I'm thinking in pre-ordering the Square Enix's Christmas Surprise box, any clue or hint about what will contain?
Disappointment.

Grief.exe

When gas is depleted in a motor-vehicle, yet the vehicle is still capable of forward motion, it is said to be "running on fumes."
A star is made of gas.

That star is going super-nova
you could say that it is running on fumes

Arthea

Anything with APB in it is tainted forever.

Not really, no, PWD is really a good game, it probably is my favourite TD game.

hey guys I'm thinking in pre-ordering the Square Enix's Christmas Surprise box, any clue or hint about what will contain?

not really, but we can make educated guesses (it will contain older Eidos games most likely: JC2, SD, DX).
I bought it anyway, if it really will be steam keys, I can gift them.

Anteater

I'm liking binary domain so far :eek:

Hope there are more story stuff, I find the cutscenes pretty enjoyable. I kind of wish the dev team didn't make a shooter but more of an adventure game like Yakuza though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I guess the APB code from Bundlestars is in-game redemption only. Lammmme.

A star is made of gas.

said one binairy star to the other: look pal, I don't mind you being there, but if you're going to brown out, I'm going to have to nova you.

Jawmuncher

I'm liking binary domain so far :eek:

Hope there are more story stuff, I find the cutscenes pretty enjoyable. I kind of wish the dev team didn't make a shooter but more of an adventure game like Yakuza though.

There's actually a fair amount of cutscenes so you'll have that.
I didn't mind the action gameplay all things considered they did a pretty good job on it.
If I was just doing a quick gander I wouldn't have even known it was a japanese dev. To bad that tactic didn't work for them since the whole reason for that gameplay was to get sales in the west. The Yakuza team can't catch a break over here.

Li Kao

How are the most adorable people of SteamGAF ?
I deserted the thread some weeks ago, you don't have much free time when you are visiting someone in the hospital every day, but I have to check on you sometimes !
Just sorry that evidently it's when I'm not here that all the fun with custom os and streaming is happening. Not cool, Gabe.

So, sorry for the usual question, but apart from SteamOS and the soon to be streaming beta, nothing new on the PC front ? No insane deal ? No terrific news ?

zkylon

zkylewd
I was already interested in hate games, but you replaced Dust with it? Dust is great so far, should I assume that hate plus is even better?
well I really like cl's games. they all got the kind of shit I like, fun female characters, stories about love falling apart, crazy meta shit, super cool music, great writing, etc etc

not really comparing it to dust, I liked dust but it's another thing entirely.

also realized that most of my picks are sort of non-games, and then there's bio-infinite that it's pretty lame at the gameplay department, but I guess it's been that kind of year for me

Anything with APB in it is tainted forever.
hey now that character editor is gold

I'd love it if there was a way to just pay like 30 bucks, have all the character editor options unlocked and just play that, no real gameplay.

jshackles

How are the most adorable people of SteamGAF ?
I deserted the thread some weeks ago, you don't have much free time when you are visiting someone in the hospital every day, but I have to check on you sometimes !
Just sorry that evidently it's when I'm not here that all the fun with custom os and streaming is happening. Not cool, Gabe.

So, sorry for the usual question, but apart from SteamOS and the soon to be streaming beta, nothing new on the PC front ? No insane deal ? No terrific news ?

You're back right on time. According to a leaked document, the Winter Sale starts this Thursday.

Anteater

There's actually a fair amount of cutscenes so you'll have that.
I didn't mind the action gameplay all things considered they did a pretty good job on it.
If I was just doing a quick gander I wouldn't have even known it was a japanese dev. To bad that tactic didn't work for them since the whole reason for that gameplay was to get sales in the west. The Yakuza team can't catch a break over here.

Yea the gameplay is really decent, it's responsive and fluid, I just thought if they went with an adventure game with the same gunplay, it would've been cooler, like a futuristic yakuza with guns and cool places to explore.

It's a lot more fun than max payne so far.

Grief.exe

MFW Bioshock Infinite is about to win Game of the Year awards

ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

The took, what could have been a very compelling narrative, and dressed it up with modern gaming trappings that bring down the entire experience. It reminds me of Skyrim in a way, where it is a poor game, but people enjoy the experience so it becomes Game of the Year somehow.

Anteater

MFW Bioshock Infinite is about to win Game of the Year awards

ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png

The took, what could have been a very compelling narrative, and dressed it up with modern gaming trappings that bring down the entire experience. It reminds me of Skyrim in a way, where it is a poor game, but people enjoy the experience so it becomes Game of the Year somehow.

Elizabeth deserves all the goty, she's so cool.

Aitor

have fun

ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Arena Wars 2 -- MB-8034EE9768B98586 - Taken by Kifimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom