• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is not really a point, unless you collect games. I've been there myself, decided to go with 2014.

It depends.

They keep changing some of the structure for the main "campaign". It was radically different between 2012 and 2013, from what I recall.

Other than that, sometimes there's different decks/cards/etc.

Additionally, if you're into the "puzzle" hands, which is one of the biggest draws of the games for me, they all have their own set of the puzzle hands.

If they're cheap enough, and you're a fan, grab em both.
If you can only buy one, probably go with 2014, but check the feature set to make sure you're on-board with how they've structured things.

Arthea

It depends.

They keep changing some of the structure for the main "campaign". It was radically different between 2012 and 2013, from what I recall.

Other than that, sometimes there's different decks/cards/etc.

Additionally, if you're into the "puzzle" hands, which is one of the biggest draws of the games for me, they all have their own set of the puzzle hands.

If they're cheap enough, and you're a fan, grab em both.
If you can only buy one, probably go with 2014, but check the feature set to make sure you're on-board with how they've structured things.

I'm aware of changes, it probably depends on person, I decided I can get enough from 2014, I hope not to be proven wrong. ;)

There's matchmaking co-op in the game (5 vs 5 NPC). People are generally more chill in there and it gives you a chance to learn some heroes.

Did I miss that or something? That could help me with another attempt to get into the game.

So, for this coming winter break, it's now Dota 2, Dark Souls, System Shock 2, Crusader Kings II, and War For Cybertron.

Yikes.

MRORANGE

hey mrorange, is there a way I could add hate plus to my steam goty list?

I didn't finish it yet but short of it turning into some nazi torture simulator later on I can't see myself not loving what's left of it

here's my edited post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=93056353&postcount=9763

fixed.

MFW Bioshock Infinite is about to win Game of the Year awards

http://i.minus.com/ihR7Ngz5lPLsK.png[/MG]

The took, what could have been a very compelling narrative, and dressed it up with modern gaming trappings that bring down the entire experience. It reminds me of Skyrim in a way, where it is a poor [i]game[/i], but people enjoy the experience so it becomes [i]Game[/i] of the Year somehow.[/QUOTE]

You should vote in the Steam GOTY then :D

[quote="fantomena, post: 93816021"]TLOU is the best game.[/QUOTE]

Too bad it's not on Steam. [SPOILER]Should be GOTY whatever happens.[/SPOILER]

[quote="woo and indeed hoo, post: 93821817"]You're welcome; enjoy the seizures.[/QUOTE]

will do

[QUOTE][IMG]http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ligvpja6Me1qg0rnuo1_500.gif

What should win GOTY?
The game that's most popular on steam obviously
DOTA2!

I voted in your stupid steam game poll thing and it was only one game because I couldn't think of anything. Please have this opened in an adjacent tab as you read it for the full extent of the message to be conveyed.

http://abload.de/img/sr4k0zv5.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

[quote="DukeBobby, post: 93820333"]I'd love to see Metro: Last Light make it into the top 10, but alas, it's not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

[quote="koolaroo, post: 93820801"]Spelunky should win GOTY. So much fun, can't stop playing.[/QUOTE]

Can't really talk about votes yet :) but SteamGAF brace yourselves.

Joe Molotov

Make your own joke at home using the following ingredients:

When gas is depleted in a motor-vehicle, yet the vehicle is still capable of forward motion, it is said to be "running on fumes."

A star is made of gas.

It's got Governor of Poker 2: Premium Edition in it which almost never goes on sale, so huge success IMO!

Ah I missed the Steam thread voting for goty? Either way if Dota 2 doesnt win then its a sham of a contest. Dota 2 may hit 1 million concurrent players by summer of next year.

Dr Dogg

Well just spend £4 on cards. I'm sure there's something inherently stupid about that depiction but fuck it I've got enough Snow Globes now so I can live with it...

Sort of.

Arthea

Well just spend £4 on cards. I'm sure there's something inherently stupid about that depiction but fuck it I've got enough Snow Globes now so I can live with it...

Sort of.

Welcome to the club that Valve is most pleased with (><)
sort of too (><)

feel

I missed the DOTA 2 bus as well.

It's too late for me man. I will never get into this type of game I think.
It's easier than ever to get into with so many great video and written guides out there, plus ingame tutorials and whatnot. Despite the infinite learning curve you get hooked into it super fast after you grasp the basics and it's sooo worth it.

And how can anyone say no to a game this pretty
ibfGs4r21xG6d4.jpg

Hundreds of hours looking at it and I still can't get over the visuals.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's no way Motor Rock is going to stay on the store, right? Blizzard is going to nail those guys to the wall.

Apparently the game steals chiptuned versions of classic rock songs as well some names and art assets from Rock N Roll Racing.

BRB Buying this while I still can

From their FAQs:

9. How did this game get past Blizzard's lawyers?
-Copyright to the Rock n Roll Racing universe belongs to Blizzard Entertainment. In the past, the game was in development. Unfortunately, the game may not be published with name Rock n Roll Racing on steam.

I guess nobody told them how copyright actually works.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's easier than ever to get into with so many great video and written guides out there, plus ingame tutorials and whatnot. Despite the infinite learning curve you get hooked into it super fast after you grasp the basics and it's sooo worth it.

And how can anyone say no to a game this pretty

Hundreds of hours looking at it and I still can't get over the visuals.

yup, wish lol borrowed a couple shaders off dota :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I like Motor Rock's blurb on my purchase activity:

Crazy isometric race with stunning rock-music and varoom are born again! Motor Rock recreates the spirit and gameplay of the best oldschool 90’s race games. And The Rock’n’Roll Racing is certainly leader among them.

I usually wouldn't pay this much for a game that (if left on Steam) would end up in a bundle within 6 months. But frankly, I don't think it's going to last that long.

I usually wouldn't pay this much for a game that (if left on Steam) would end up in a bundle within 6 months. But frankly, I don't think it's going to last that long.

I want to buy it but should i wait and see if it gets a discount within 2 weeks? will it be too late if it's pulled out before the discount? or will i be able to in time? decisions!

Knurek

wait

two of my favourite games of this year were made in Poland?

Chwalmy Pana!

What can I say, we love old-school FPSes.
To put things in perspective, most of my comp.sci classes is high-school consisted of playing q2demo with the whole class and teacher. Highest scorer was awarded an A, second highest A- and so on.

Joe Molotov

Now that I've bought it, I'm reporting it to Blizzard immediately.
MwbiCNc.gif

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Silly question, but as early access games are no longer in the store-front, where can you look for them on the market space (outside of the big advertisements for them on the site for all titles). Unlike some, I actually like purchasing early access games to support developers and often a lot of really quality stuff can be found in them, even if only partially complete.

jshackles

Seriously, though, I wonder if Valve will let people keep their copies of Motor Rock when it's removed from the store.

I'm hoping so. If you can't keep it, you'll certainly be refunded.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Joe Molotov

Silly question, but as early access games are no longer in the store-front, where can you look for them on the market space (outside of the big advertisements for them on the site for all titles). Unlike some, I actually like purchasing early access games to support developers and often a lot of really quality stuff can be found in them, even if only partially complete.

0usyQOb.png

I wonder when Cardboard Computer will release Act 3 of KRZ. I played through the first two and The Entertainment recently and I'm jonesing for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom