• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colin.

Started and finished Gone Home today. Not a long game by any means, around 2-3 hours, if you don't rush through things. It was an interesting game to play, can't say I've played one quite like it. It is like looking in to the lives of a family, from an outside perspective. Glad I bought this game in the last sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
When ass creed was replaced by ass flags an why I haven't noticed? Aren't you forgetting that Skyrim Legendary Edition came out in 2013 too? That would be fifth.
glad to help (><)

yes yes yes. skyrim was such garbage it transcends the whole like year limitation and should be on the list every year.

The main difference is that both Minecraft and Don't Starve were considerably less expensive :(

I bought Don't Starve in the Autumn Sale for five bucks and some change. Between myself, my kids and the wife we've spent about 50 hours with it. I can't believe how much enjoyment we've been able to get out of it so far.

DocSeuss

Anyone have any idea what's going on with my downloads? I start 'em, they start at about half what they normally do, then taper off to 0 bytes/s.

I started one of the games in question and hit play, forcing it to download, so it's doing more than that--right now, it's about a third of its normal speed.

Salsa

Started and finished Gone Home today. Not a long game by any means, around 2-3 hours, if you don't rush through things. It was an interesting game to play, can't say I've played one quite like it. It is like looking in to the lives of a family, from an outside perspective. Glad I bought this game in the last sale.

think imma make some coffee and play this right now

other reason I aint playing much is cause im probably getting a 40 inch TV around christmas on a p.good deal and I wanna finish Batman Arkham Origins and other stuff in big picture goodness

Derrick01

Banned
I'm still upset Euro Truck isn't eligible for goty voting. I would be less upset if I had like 13 games I wanted to put on my list instead of 7.

Arthea

All of the character's names are the same as the original, that's pretty easy to prove.

Also here is a screenshot from the developer's website: pic

Pretty blatant rip-off. Considering how bad Blizzard is about people doing stuff like this... this game probably won't be available for long. All they need is to send Valve a cease and desist, and it'll be gone forever.

Well, that's not very smart thing to do. (><)

mrgone

I bought Don't Starve in the Autumn Sale for five bucks and some change. Between myself, my kids and the wife we've spent about 50 hours with it. I can't believe how much enjoyment we've been able to get out of it so far.

Definitely, Don't Starve's fantastic. It was $12 for two copies in early access, too. I have the feeling I'll be playing a lot more of it than DayZ in the foreseeable future :p

Arthea

I'm still upset Euro Truck isn't eligible for goty voting. I would be less upset if I had like 13 games I wanted to put on my list instead of 7.
Even if it's a game of 2012, I think it should be eligible seeing as hardly anybody played it until 2013, when it was released on steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I usually just get hate mail and a once in a while a 'thank you' pm.

He's back! Get him!

tumblr_mkziy9al961r2sgxal2.gif

I keep refreshing the Motor Rock store page, half expecting that it'll have been pulled by now.

Man JaseC would be pissed if the game was both released and pulled while he was asleep.

I was going to tempt fate and wait for my trader guy to come online, but I just realised I have $1.50 sitting in my Wallet, so I'll buy a copy for myself now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Colin.

think imma make some coffee and play this right now

other reason I aint playing much is cause im probably getting a 40 inch TV around christmas on a p.good deal and I wanna finish Batman Arkham Origins and other stuff in big picture goodness

The reviews are actually a bit mixed on Steam. I can kind of get why, since there isn't much gameplay to speak of. It plays more like an interactive story. I wont go into too much detail, since it's probably better going in blind. But if you enjoy some good story/narrative, you shouldn't be disappointed.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The date a game was released on Steam is all that counts.

Exactly this. Even Final Fantasy VII is eligible for the SteamGAF GotY voting, despite being released originally in 1997.

Arthea

Exactly this. Even Final Fantasy VII is eligible for the SteamGAF GotY voting, despite being released originally in 1997.

Apparently it is not, as FF8. I tried to put them on gaf goty list, it didn't work :(

edited: not goty list but list of games eligible for gaf goty

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think Derrick is confusing the rules for the general GAF GOTY voting and the little GOTY vote we have running in this thread.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I bought Santa's Rampage the moment I saw it was on Steam, not knowing that my preorder from back in September had provided me with a key for it. Also had a key for the Shadow Warrior mission on there.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-E109F70D1109B05D - Taken by r3n4ud. 20 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior -- MB-FBC4E2DF7E6DD334 - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.

t1387241317z1.png

I use the community blacklist in hopes that it'll weed out the scummy people that resell Humble Bundle keys in the B/S/T thread. It'd be nice to know exactly who I'm blocking, but it would also take a lot of time to manually put them all on there. Hopefully it doesn't block any of the fine regulars here.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Santa's Rampage the moment I saw it was on Steam, not knowing that my preorder from back in September had provided me with a key for it. Also had a key for the Shadow Warrior mission on there.

I use the community blacklist in hopes that it'll weed out the scummy people that resell Humble Bundle keys in the B/S/T thread. It'd be nice to know exactly who I'm blocking, but it would also take a lot of time to manually put them all on there. Hopefully it doesn't block any of the fine regulars here.

Nice giveaway Jbourne, VC is quite an amusing commentary on traditional titles :)

There is a Community Block list?

Anyone thinks Viscera Cleanup are fun? I played the Shadow Warrior for like 40 minutes and "finished" it with both achievements, but seriously...

... I didnt really have fun cleaning. Its nice for a few laughs in the first 5 minutes but after that it gets tedious, like RL-cleaning.

Anyone thinks Viscera Cleanup are fun? I played the Shadow Warrior for like 40 minutes and "finished" it with both achievements, but seriously...

... I didnt really have fun cleaning. Its nice for a few laughs in the first 5 minutes but after that it gets tedious, like RL-cleaning.

I had some fun at the beginning with the cleaning. Some lines were good.

Picking up a torso "I think you have a split personality" was a good one.

Near the finish line it was fucking annoying finding the last nearly invisible blood stain.

Santas Rampage is like 100 times better than VC:Shadow Warrior edition.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Viscera Cleanup Detail is a simulator game where you play as a person (or persons as the original game had a multiplayer version) who clean-up the aftermath of gory scenes; battles, killings, monster attacks, etc. The game picked up some attention, and it had a episode released for the game Shadow Warrior, who did a collab with the guys who made Viscera Cleanup Detail to make a Shadow Warrior version.

It's not for everyone, but it can be some fun. Its about what it sounds like, a game where you clean-up gory scenes. If you're a fan of weird simulator games, you may like it (I do, but I could definitely understand why some people may find it tedious or boring, as the gameplay is... Well, cleaning).

Divius

Thanks for the replies.

Due to the "Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior is free with purchase of Shadow Warrior." I thought it maybe included the entire Shadow Warrior game since there is no mention of it being a stand alone game, nor is it available for purchase.

Don't we all?

OMG that's racist! gif

People do that?! :eek: :'(

I despise early access games, its gives no accountability what so ever, the dev can take the money and run and you're left with nothing.

Mixing fiances and game development together is very fucking stupid.

Okay. I wasn't challenging your stance; I just wished to use the 'finnish' joke :).

Joe Molotov

All of the character's names are the same as the original, that's pretty easy to prove.

Also here is a screenshot from the developer's website:

(http://www.yardteam.ru/screens/RRR3D_logo.jpg)

Pretty blatant rip-off. Considering how bad Blizzard is about people doing stuff like this... this game probably won't be available for long. All they need is to send Valve a cease and desist, and it'll be gone forever.

Apparently it was supposed to be free too, judging by this video that bills it as "the free remake of the cult game!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB-rIo_OIs8

But at least they did deliver on their other promise of "coming this year!"

That's just disappointing. Sad to hear that people do that.

FloatOn

Brigmore Witches is already better than Knife of Dunwall but really both should have been one game. With extra levels. Because Daud deserves his own game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom