• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iseeyou

Banned
So wait a second, DayZ still isn't out Beta\Alpha whatever and its only NOW in early access?

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAH

What a clusterfuck of a release.

At least I'm happy the early access stuff is hidden away now.

Grief.exe

So wait a second, DayZ still isn't out Beta\Alpha whatever and its only NOW in early access?

Someone is talking out of their ass...

Hardly hidden away considering the top 3 sellers are early access games

PJPPJkD.png

What can I say, we love old-school FPSes.
To put things in perspective, most of my comp.sci classes is high-school consisted of playing q2demo with the whole class and teacher. Highest scorer was awarded an A, second highest A- and so on.

haha, ok that is awesome

Cheddahz

Banned

I saw that you posted in the OT as well, so I guess I'll call you out on here

The standalone game has been in beta for quite some time and the game has been in high demend for quite some time, so I really don't think people mind playing a MMO with a few bugs...like every MMO has and the fact that the developers aren't rushing the development of the game is an excellent thing

I'm actually planning on picking it up whenever I have the money (as I'm short on money right now) because I think the concept of the game is interesting and from the streams I've watched of it, it looks like it's a blast to play

I don't really care if you don't care for Early Access games or not, but really, don't act like a dick about it and don't cause drama in two threads about it
Well it is free, I think their awful patching is a far greater crime.

Yeah, it really is. One of the reasons I stopped playing it

Quote from DayZ:

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.

Wow. Well at least its not being rushed lol.

derExperte

Someone is talking out of their ass...

Hardly hidden away considering the top 3 sellers are early access games

http://i.imgur.com/PJPPJkD.png[/IM G][/QUOTE]

Rust in the top 3? I know, cavemen dicks, but still...

[url]http://steamcommunity.com/games/252490/announcements/detail/1478602529560858502[/url]

[QUOTE]Valve are cool guys. They let us bring Rust to Steam. They don’t try to tell us what we can and can’t do in the game. They let us push unapproved updates out whenever we want, as many as we want. They saved PC gaming.

So it’s probably not totally unreasonable for them to ask that we don’t flood the rest of Steam with pictures of cavemen genitalia. I made a small change today. The censoring is on by default. [B]This is purely to stem the huge wave of naked people being posted to Steam.[/B] [/QUOTE]

Oh lol.

Ezra2680

PK3lA4X.png

Eastern European development is so amazing. They know their audience and actively target it, instead of streamlining.

Can anyone point me to the guide of how to get the smaller spacing between panels? I remember a discussion about it either during the summer sale or last winter sale but can't find the guide someone posted.

jediyoshi

RuXEcFS.png

I feel like it's a weird usability issue in letting you try to run a game that needs an update, but not being able to cancel out of it altogether

A CS:GO Map in Payday 2. Overkill is so damn lazy.

Maybe if Payday 2 was a Source engine game. I somehow doubt in lieu of wanting to make a new map, they chose a CS map to burn through. Being free, I imagine it's cutting into development of actual paid content

Salsa

it's over 30 degrees (Celsius) here and I can't play shit cause im getting straight up BSODs on half my games due to temps (everything is at like 55/60° idle)

this sucks, fucking heat

the universe wants me to keep playing 3DS

Wait, there's a game with caveman dicks on Steam and I didn't know about it, wtf??

soooo many dicks. When it was first release the screenshot section was full of them. Now, slightly less so.

it's over 30 degrees (Celsius) here and I can't play shit cause im getting straight up BSODs on half my games due to temps (everything is at like 55/60° idle)

this sucks, fucking heat

move north. It 'feels like' -13 C here. I don't think my computer knows how to overheat

Grief.exe

Can anyone point me to the guide of how to get the smaller spacing between panels? I remember a discussion about it either during the summer sale or last winter sale but can't find the guide someone posted.

What's the skin and how did you get less space between the games?

Skin is air
Spacing is go to resource/layout/gamespage_grid adjust Interiorspacing and GridView.DropShadowLeading to 00.

NOTE: Play with the latter value to get the perfect spacing, I have mine set to 02
NOTE2: Be careful when editing, Steam only accepts a certain size rating or it will redownload that file
NOTE3: I have had success with editing the skin's gamespage_grid file Steam/Skins/Air/Resource/Layout

Iseeyou

Banned
I saw that you posted in the OT as well, so I guess I'll call you out on here

The standalone game has been in beta for quite some time and the game has been in high demend for quite some time, so I really don't think people mind playing a MMO with a few bugs...like every MMO has and the fact that the developers aren't rushing the development of the game is an excellent thing

I'm actually planning on picking it up whenever I have the money (as I'm short on money right now) because I think the concept of the game is interesting and from the streams I've watched of it, it looks like it's a blast to play

I don't really care if you don't care for Early Access games or not, but really, don't act like a dick about it and don't cause drama in two threads about it

The thing that makes me upset is DayZ already made Bohemia already made a shit of money from all copies that needed the mod, now they need early access for what? They couldn't you know use some of that money to improve the standalone?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I keep refreshing the Motor Rock store page, half expecting that it'll have been pulled by now.

Man JaseC would be pissed if the game was both released and pulled while he was asleep.

Cheddahz

Banned
The thing that makes me upset is DayZ already made Bohemia already made a shit of money from all copies that needed the mod, now they need early access for what? They couldn't you know use some of that money to improve the standalone?

You also have to remember that this is their standalone game, which means they no longer have the help of Bohemia and this graphics engine is built from the ground up, so there is still a lot of work to do with that. Releasing a mod and releasing a game are two different processes. The developers of the mod probably did make some money off of it, but it probably wasn't a lot (remember, it was just a mod) and when they started work on the standalone, they knew that all of the people that bought ARMA 2 for the mod were going to convert over to the standalone.

It's not going to be a easy or fast beta time, but give the developers the time to work on the game and I'm sure once they get everything down, people will forget that there was even a mod (probably not, but still...it's going to roll heads or something like that)

Arthea

I keep refreshing the Motor Rock store page, half expecting that it'll have been pulled by now.

Man JaseC would be pissed if the game was both released and pulled while he was asleep.

Why would it be removed if just added? (I have no idea what a game this is.)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why would it be removed if just added? (I have no idea what a game this is.)

Was mentioned earlier in the thread, but a Russian dev completely copied Rock N Roll racing from the SNES / Genesis era, updated the graphics to 3D, then released on Steam. The game contains a lot of copyrighted art assets as well as (most likely) unlicensed audio tracks from Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, George Thorogood, etc.

I'm surprised it was ever allowed to be released in the first place.

I almost wish I'd never discovered downsampling. My poor, weak GTX670 can't handle it for most new games and it hurts knowing how much better everything could look with a better card.
well, a GTX 670 is not exactly weak, but i see your point, and agree. I'll probably wait for the 800 series to buy a new one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

It's a fucking pre-order. You buy the game now, play it early, when the game comes out, you'll have it. I bought Don't Starve and Minecraft like that and I don't regret it one bit.

How is it any different than, I don't know, buying every game ever? Don't like it? Don't buy it for 2 years, until it eventually comes out. The game has been in Alpha and Beta a million times already. I don't understand why so many people despise early access.

I usually wouldn't pay this much for a game that (if left on Steam) would end up in a bundle within 6 months. But frankly, I don't think it's going to last that long.

So, does it play well? Seeing as it's probably the only chance we'll get for some form of updated Rock N' Roll Racing I'm tempted to jump on before it gets pulled, but Sod's Law says if I do that it'll turn out to be trash.

Was mentioned earlier in the thread, but a Russian dev completely copied Rock N Roll racing from the SNES / Genesis era, updated the graphics to 3D, then released on Steam. The game contains a lot of copyrighted art assets as well as (most likely) unlicensed audio tracks from Black Sabbath, Steppenwolf, George Thorogood, etc.

Is there a thread about it?

MRORANGE

this sucks, fucking heat

You better be making that sale thread.

JakeD

has anyone tried it yet? i loved the SNES game...if its an even decent remake ill grab it all full price, especially if it's not going to stay up for long

mrgone

It's a fucking pre-order. You buy the game now, play it early, when the game comes out, you'll have it. I bought Don't Starve and Minecraft like that and I don't regret it one bit.

How is it any different than, I don't know, buying every game ever? Don't like it? Don't buy it for 2 years, until it eventually comes out. The game has been in Alpha and Beta a million times already. I don't understand why so many people despise early access.

The main difference is that both Minecraft and Don't Starve were considerably less expensive :(

DayZ is $30? Did they toss away the whole "cheaper in alpha" Minecraft model Rocket was talking about earlier in the year?

Kind of a strange situation now. Will we see prison architect style sales and featured deals? I would guess so.

I can't help feeling it will be a good idea to wait for a better game at a cheaper price. On the other hand, a year till beta is a long time for an online community and it is already selling well. Maybe early on is going to be the peak?

Looking forward to hearing impressions.

Arthea

shouldn't there be some legal action before removing it from steam. I'm not sure it's that easy to prove that something is copied, audio tracks is another story.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
i gotta get my cocktail of shit 2013 games together to submit for the GOTY voting

def including tomb raider, bio.inf, call of ghosts story (not multi that blew hard), ass flags 4

jshackles

shouldn't there be some legal action before removing it from steam. I'm not sure it's that easy to prove that something is copied, audio tracks is another story.

All of the character's names are the same as the original, that's pretty easy to prove.

Also here is a screenshot from the developer's website:

(http://www.yardteam.ru/screens/RRR3D_logo.jpg)

Pretty blatant rip-off. Considering how bad Blizzard is about people doing stuff like this... this game probably won't be available for long. All they need is to send Valve a cease and desist, and it'll be gone forever.

Arthea

i gotta get my cocktail of shit 2013 games together to submit for the GOTY voting

def including tomb raider, bio.inf, call of ghosts story (not multi that blew hard), ass flags 4

When ass creed was replaced by ass flags an why I haven't noticed? Aren't you forgetting that Skyrim Legendary Edition came out in 2013 too? That would be fifth.
glad to help (><)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom