• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

1 maybe as that was included in the insomnia sale, 2 wasn't afair.

Wasn't it in huge D&D bundle two days ago? I was sure it was.
iQsIWj841dj1a.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Is this AussieGAF all of a sudden?

Not nearly enough superfluous cunts thrown in to be confused for the Aussie dialect.

I wish there were more Germans here so we could talk about the intricacies of Sauerkraut and Weißbier instead of this strange Mate stuff. :(

Trust me, we'd just end up talking about how you guys have those weird toilets with the poop shelf.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
SR4 for $12 (on Nuuvem, region-locked), tempting but I haven't even played SR3 yet (waiting for my brother to get internet at his new place so we can co-op).

FloatOn

I was thinking the opposite, publisher funding could finally get them to start making more impressive and deeper games but of course you have to be careful who you work with since they can be forceful. Some of the better games from indie studios that I've played were funded by MS (mark of the ninja, state of decay) and most of the upcoming interesting indie games were funded by us via kickstarter (wasteland, eternity, dead state, star citizen etc). Sure that's not the same as a traditional publisher but we do control how things unfold to a certain degree.

Yeah, I guess it can be a two way street. I just see the inevitable decline of this indie-chic trend by way of too much $$$ going to the heads of these small time developers.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm in a daze, a hopeless haze that keeps me preemptively phased. And as I laze, continually it creeps up as if to graze at my opportunity to raise something to taze you all with.

Modbot isn't getting back to me, and I have something I want to give.

derExperte

Trust me, we'd just end up talking about how you guys have those weird toilets with the poop shelf.

We could do that anyway, if you want. I can even post photos. Though they kinda went out of style a while ago, only our oldest one is like that. And not half as bad as those US ones that are like a swimming pool.

Dusk Golem

As ModBot has failed me, and I want to do this in a timely manner, people PM me, and in about 3 hours (Right before the Steam Store updates today) I'll shuffle everyone's name into a hat and draw one to win Dementium II HD.

header_292x136.jpg

Find the store page for the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217100/

Also give the topic title funny names, as I like reading funny things.

Li Kao

yerba.

mate.

time.

Hmm, I love those nonsensical moments in here. Glad to be back !
So, as far as we know, the big day is today right ?
Not sure I will be able to buy much as I'm broke as hell, but still an exciting time. And there is this htpc I can't really afford too, maybe by recycling some old PC, buying a hdd and a blu-ray reader... Tempting.
Steam sales are gonna need to be tremendous to sway me from this glorious path. So I say... while the sale has still to begin :-x

Edit - Oh I see, December 19 it is. Brb, gonna buy those parts before the temptation happen. A good plan. To be tempted nonetheless and kill my Christmas budget ^_^

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The botanical name for yerba mate is Ilex paraguariensis and not Ilex uraguariensis, just for the record.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Yeah, I'd be saying the same thing if all I had was Mate Leo.

You see, that's where you're wrong. I love the processed Matte Leão

I don't see how you people like drinking that bitter hot sludge on a metal cup filled to the brim with leaves through a metal straw.

such a Brasil thing to say

damn you all

The entire south of Brazil drinks that like it's fucking water. I don't get it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Wait, Dusk Golem, ModBot didn't work for you? I see the stuff being given away on my end. You didn't get the PMs? Let me check.

Edit: Should be fixed. Someone did a giveaway in a non-Steam thread and bungled up the THREAD rule and it was causing an error processing at that point. Sorry.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
i'm crying right now seeing that processed shit

I also make it, filter it (like coffee), put on a 2l bottle, put it in the fridge, and when I drink it, I squeeze half a lemon (I think it's Lime for you Americans out there) and put 8 drops of Sweetner, because I limit my sugar intake on candies and cakes.

Take that!

Salsa

I also make it, filter it (like coffee), put on a 2l bottle, put it in the fridge, and when I drink it, I squeeze half a lemon (I think it's Lime for you Americans out there) and put 8 drops of Sweetner, because I limit my sugar intake on candies and cakes.

Take that!

see this is why I flip out and get banned before the sales

Nabs

Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is fun. I played about an hr last night and had a lot of fun rolling around with the ninja. Reminder: it's on sale at the Uplay store in NA (sorry) for $3.75. Use coupon code 10thanks to make it cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price or anything near that, but at 75% it's a perfect deal. It's a good change of pace with the new characters and multi-team modes, but it's not going to replace the base game or anything. Here's hoping it'll be this price on Steam. It'll be fun playing with friends and rolling through multi-team DM/LTS servers.

edit: I see bus already bought it. I honestly don't care if anyone else picks it up.

Acccent

I went through all the steam emoticons here and found that the only other ones that I liked were the Binding of Isaac and Super Meat Boy ones, and, unexpectedly, the Lunnye Devitsy ones:
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f
62fx62f

(my criteria were 'actually usable as emoticons, and showing some variety while also keeping a similar style' plus subjective preference of course
iYtmB9WIHbjbj.png
)

Dusk Golem

Wait, Dusk Golem, ModBot didn't work for you? I see the stuff being given away on my end. You didn't get the PMs? Let me check.

Edit: Should be fixed. Someone did a giveaway in a non-Steam thread and bungled up the THREAD rule and it was causing an error processing at that point. Sorry.

Worked out, was watching something. For those who already entered, thank you, though I'll use the ModBot version. And no problems~

Because I love you guys, here's a quick Dementium II HD giveaway:

ModBot said:
Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dementium II HD -- MB-625EB71D077FEDEB - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 47 entrants total.

t1387302295z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom