• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

hey let's actually talk about games in this thread okay?

what first person survival thing is furthest along in it's development? I think I might grab one soon

Sir, You are Being Hunted
Day Z
Seven Days to Die
Rust

xJavonta

Banned
Gave L.A. Noire a try. Only thing i can say is that performance is crap. I believe i meet the requirements, tried everything but nothing helps. 20-30 fps in that first crime scene looking for clues, controls are very sluggish and im playing at 768P to boot. Maybe i'm limited by my CPU but anyhow this is probably the worst performing game i've met in some time.
Locked to 30 because of the face mo-cap I believe.

FloatOn

Hey man I'll be the game-talk only police around here if I need to be. I don't want to have to look at stupid community thread titles.

tumblr_mjbwhr9ACA1rtg76ko1_500.gif

At least they are discussing actual Steam features.

That's true. Carry on with the emoticon conversation everyone. You have my permission.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
hey let's actually talk about games in this thread okay?

what first person survival thing is furthest along in it's development? I think I might grab one soon

Sir, You are Being Hunted
Day Z
Seven Days to Die
Rust

Don't forget Nether.

I don't know which one is best, I need to play more of these. I played old DayZ and Nether, but have not played Sir, Seven Days, or Rust yet.

Salsa

It was super ghetto in my experience. Almost like the game was fighting it.

it ran like shit for me but I always assumed that was cause I couldn't reach steady 60 cause I was downsampling and forcing other shit on my old 9600gt since I was playing at 30

I still need to finish that game actually

FloatOn

Anyways, with two horror-ish games coming out today, I'll have plenty of game talk today. And since one of them is Walking Dead, you know everyone is going to be raving about it once it hits.

Sadly I'm going to steer clear of that game until all of the episodes are out and then marathon them all like I did with season one. Having to wait on episodic games to come out blows.

what's the other horror game?

Derrick01

Banned
speaking of indie games, I was thinking of making a thread about this but instead I want to discuss it with all of my loved ones here. Do you ever think indie games will come full circle once they start getting funding from major devs? Meaning, could indies start making compromises to the authentic gameplay they set out to achieve and thereby become the new school AAA homogenized crap of the future?

I was thinking the opposite, publisher funding could finally get them to start making more impressive and deeper games but of course you have to be careful who you work with since they can be forceful. Some of the better games from indie studios that I've played were funded by MS (mark of the ninja, state of decay) and most of the upcoming interesting indie games were funded by us via kickstarter (wasteland, eternity, dead state, star citizen etc). Sure that's not the same as a traditional publisher but we do control how things unfold to a certain degree.

Salsa

Sadly I'm going to steer clear of that game until all of the episodes are out and then marathon them all like I did with season one. Having to wait on episodic games to come out blows.

nuh-huh, discussing the game and trying to guess as it goes is a big part of what makes that game great. specially having gaf as a venue

I guess it depends on personal liking but it's like the only instance where episodic content really works for me

cool to have something to look forward to every month too, and with a small time investment

Dusk Golem

So is there a way to see how many votes a greenlight game got so far? I can't seem to find the info on the page.

No public information, data of individual games are kept by the companies, who can see their personal game stats and where they are currently ranked. Only way to know is for the developer to say.

Dusk Golem

Dementium II HD, which as I just discovered a short bit ago, has some pretty amazing dev diaries.

Why didn't anyone tell me Dementium II HD had some pretty amazing developer diaries?

Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSkChheWC1c
Episode 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfXnvnY8uxw
Episode 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p97AYtF4INY
Episode 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mstNGPKf0IE

FloatOn

nuh-huh, discussing the game and trying to guess as it goes is a big part of what makes that game great. specially having gaf as a venue

I guess it depends on personal liking but it's like the only instance where episodic content really works for me

cool to have something to look forward to every month too, and with a small time investment

that's assuming they come out every month. could be another KR0 situation where the episodes take forever to come out and by that point I would have lost interest in the story and moved on to something else.

with wolf among us, walking dead season 2, borderlands cash grab and game of thrones I don't know how they can put out walking dead episodes in a timely manner. sorry to piss in your mate, mate.

#notbritish.

Salsa

that's assuming they come out every month. could be another KR0 situation where the episodes take forever to come out and by that point I would have lost interest in the story and moved on to something else.

with wolf among us, walking dead season 2, borderlands cash grab and game of thrones I don't know how they can put out walking dead episodes in a timely manner. sorry to piss in your mate, mate.

#notbritish.

delays were an issue on the first, so they're aware and probably paying attention to that

furthermore, it wasn't really that bothersome or long, it certainly won't be the kr0 situation, since in that case there's no promise of one ep per month or anything. it's different

derExperte

#notbritish.

They can't, see Wolf. No E2 until 2014. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom