• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As ModBot has failed me, and I want to do this in a timely manner, people PM me, and in about 3 hours (Right before the Steam Store updates today) I'll shuffle everyone's name into a hat and draw one to win Dementium II HD.

header_292x136.jpg

Find the store page for the game here: http://store.steampowered.com/app/217100/

Also give the topic title funny names, as I like reading funny things.

Yikes. What happened with ModBot?

I was just coming back to find your post to say I'd entered and thank you for offering it up.

PM incoming, I guess? ;)
(Thanks again).

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
They're not wrong about these being different markets, but they don't seem to know what that means. This is a market where we get Toma threads. Is Tiny Thief 15x better than Full Bore ($1) or 7.5x better than One Way Heroics ($2)? If not, how can they justify pricing it as such? Or how about Long Live The Queen ($10)-- is Tiny Thief at least 50% better than it?

Or, if we look outside Steam and to PC gaming in general, how about The Witch's House ($0)? Is Tiny Thief infinitely better than a free game?

Shhh!!!! A Polygon blogger wants to write a article blaming entitled gamers.

I hope everyone gets banned that was not talking about games in this Steam thread. If you would like to discuss something else, there is the Offtopic Forum. I hope you all enjoy your stay on the NeoGAF™.

If this banter is annoying, never venture into a Halo OT, my boy.

Reckoner

Guys, will I be able to somehow carry decisions from the first season of The Walking Dead to the new one without replaying the game? I finished it on the Xbox 360 and, as I still have the story fresh in my mind, I'm not feeling like replaying it.

Turfster

Did something big happen or something? I've never come back to more than 5 new pages in less than a day...
Edit: Oh, more stupid tea debate.

Anyway, bundle without steam games, but it has one thing on Greenlight, so might as well post it here

Off-topic, I want to get the Humble Bundle before it is over, but I only have Steam dollars. Is there a good site to do this kind of trading?

Derrick01

Banned
Fuck The Walking Dead, I'll get to that shit in a few months.

It's weird, I really enjoyed the first season but I can't get myself to give any fucks at all about this one. I guess I was sort of one and done with it, although I'll probably buy the full season eventually when it's cheap enough.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steam added a VR Support category.

No icon yet. Once they add one I'll update Enhanced Steam to link into this category.

FloatOn

so guys is Bio 2 really any good... 4 dolla isn't much but I just watched some PC gameplay on maximum and the game really doesn't look all that great plus it looks to be more actiony... I love playing the first one because I played it almost like a stealth game...

Bioshock 2 is the best Bioshock game.

Nabs

so guys is Bio 2 really any good... 4 dolla isn't much but I just watched some PC gameplay on maximum and the game really doesn't look all that great plus it looks to be more actiony... I love playing the first one because I played it almost like a stealth game...

Bioshock 2 is the shootbang one in the family.

Jawmuncher

It's weird, I really enjoyed the first season but I can't get myself to give any fucks at all about this one. I guess I was sort of one and done with it, although I'll probably buy the full season eventually when it's cheap enough.

Yeah i'm in the same boat.
I know i'll play it but at this point I could care less.
Hell it's mainly because of the episodic nature. I prefer my experience all in one go.

Deadbeat

Banned
Hmm.. never heard of this game before, which is odd since it looks like a game I'd enjoy and the HD must mean it's been around a while.
They made Dimentium 1, 2 and Moon on the DS. Never played Dimentium 2. I played Moon for a couple hours and got bored. Supposedly D2 is good and fixes a lot of the issues the previous games had.

zkylon

zkylewd
nah it's still classic bioshock with all the sneaking up and wrenching people in the ass

it gets actiony when fighting the big sisters but those encounters are awesome

it's pretty good, I'd go for it

Faabulous

Is there any DLC of note for Europa Universalis IV? I intend to grab that on Nuuvem, not sure if I should grab any DLC on steam afterwards.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I loved the first TWD but all these Telltale games are definitely a "wait for all episodes to be released" scenario for me. And it doesn't hurt if it coincides with the game going on sale.

Only frustrating thing about Bioshock 2 that I remember were the sister defense missions while she was harvesting adam. Never been a big fan of those. Playing as a big daddy feels great though, you have a nice sense of weight and using the drill is a lot of fun.

rtcn63

Only frustrating thing about Bioshock 2 that I remember were the sister defense missions while she was harvesting adam. Never been a big fan of those. Playing as a big daddy feels great though, you have a nice sense of weight and using the drill is a lot of fun.

Those missions are pretty easy if you just spam all your grenades, trap bolts, etc. beforehand. I hated them my first time through, but replaying years later on Hard, it wasn't bad.

I really liked them, they helped mix the combat up.

zkylon

zkylewd

but that was the best part dude

setting up traps

placing turrets

recruiting a nearby bigdaddy

and suddenly zombies everywhere! and then fighting a super ninja lady!

fuck that was awesome

Bioscock Infinite is a shootbang as well - maybe even more so?
yea but bio 2 is more fun than infinite

infinite is really not fun to play at all.

but... but....

elizabeth.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
10 minutes until the Dementium II HD giveaway ends.

Hmm.. never heard of this game before, which is odd since it looks like a game I'd enjoy and the HD must mean it's been around a while.

As someone else said, this is a remake of a Nintendo DS FPS horror game known as Dimentium II. However, it hasn't been getting much word of mouth or attention and has been a very silent release so don't blame you for not knowing about it.

Plan to play it and see if its a silent release worth mentioning to others or if it should unfortunately stay in its quiet-like state.

Derrick01

Banned
Bioscock Infinite is a shootbang as well - maybe even more so?

They're all boring shooters that focus on how much junk you can loot from every corner of every room.

edit: I should take that back partially. I had some good fun with Bioshock 2 since the gameplay and level design were improved over 1.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I keep thinking I'll load up Steam and find Motor Rock pulled from the store. There doesn't seem to be any reason why Blizzard's lawyers aren't jumping over their balls to shut this down.

Here are a few excepts from their FAQs:

Question: And with copyright will not have problems? How about Blizzard?
Answer: We haven't received a formal complaints . Playing a non-profit, and it's based on the old brand. Much closer to the game, we will write to the Blizzard, just in case. I hope that we will not closed down.

Question: Will there be a announcer?
Answer: Yes, will be. We took it from the Sega version. Except it will be the new Russian and English language for commentators.

Question: How will spread the game?
Answer: Game will be totally free without additional paid content and with open resources (except for the source code). Game will be available exclusively through the official website. Exit on Steam and other game-distribution services isn't planned.

picardfacepalm.jpg

Lunaniem

I keep thinking I'll load up Steam and find Motor Rock pulled from the store. There doesn't seem to be any reason why Blizzard's lawyers aren't jumping over their balls to shut this down.

picardfacepalm.jpg

They have no idea how copyright works do they?

Anteater

They're all boring shooters that focus on how much junk you can loot from every corner of every room.

I actually kind of hate that, people complain about health regen being dumb and stuff, but I'd rather them refill my hp than searching through every garbage can for doritos every 2 fights :(

I actually kind of hate that, people complain about health regen being dumb and stuff, but I'd rather them refill my hp than searching through every garbage can for doritos every 2 fights :(

I just loot everything always so my characters comes off as some hilarious glutton. I don't think the mechanic is inherently bad, but the eve/health you gain/lose from consuming certain things is so minuscule that you may as well just eat everything. I think it'd be a far more worthwhile mechanic if they committed to it more.

mileS

Most of the people that I've heard say Bioscock Infinite was not fun to play have admitted to only using murder of crows because its so "powerful"

If you mix the vigors up the game is a blast to play. Personally. I don't understand when people say its not as fun as the older games (the shooting and powers) but I accept it. But saying the game is not fun at ALL to play... well sorry I no longer find your opinion valid :p

picardfacepalm.jpg

lmao

want to make a thread about it?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

picardfacepalm.jpg

Oh wow, I had no idea it had actually pulled assets from RRR. I might have to buy it before it vanishes, I love me some RRR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom