• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went through all the steam emoticons here
holy crap

62fx62f

Cheddahz

Banned
Ever since I completed Final Fantasy VIII a few days ago, I haven't felt like playing anything, yet I have all of the time in the world to play games right now

Salsa

I played Dementium 1 and 2 on the DS way back

they were OK for a DS fps, don't really know what makes it stand out when you put them on the platform where the genre thrives but then again I havent followed the HD version at all

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I played Dementium 1 and 2 on the DS way back

they were OK for a DS fps, don't really know what makes it stand out when you put them on the platform where the genre thrives but then again I havent followed the HD version at all

I think it's partially novelty, as it is the first time a game from a weak 3D platform like Nintendo DS gets transferred to an HD redone version like Dementium II. While the graphics aren't top-of-the-line, they did redo the whole game and it doesn't look bad by any stretch either.

I won't have full impressions until later when its out and I have played it (which I plan to do today), but I also am aware that they redid a lot of things and tackled complaints of the game, as well as have added new content, though the only thing I'm aware of is all the audio (music, sound effects) were redone and they added new enemies. Some rumors of a new chapter as well so the game doesn't end on a cliffhanger, but to be seen.

Phinor

A massive Rome 2 patch just hit.

Last time I tried loading my Rome 2 save, the game completely shut down my whole computer. Puff, as if someone had pulled the power plug. I haven't seen that happen in like 10 years. I guess my original save file is completely useless now that they have patched the game with something like 20+ gigabytes of patches.

With all this early access craziness and games being released in alpha-beta form, I really should stop buying fully priced games completely until they are 75% off. 66-75% off seems to happen before these games are even properly released.

FloatOn

Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is fun. I played about an hr last night and had a lot of fun rolling around with the ninja. Reminder: it's on sale at the Uplay store in NA (sorry) for $3.75. Use coupon code 10thanks to make it cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price or anything near that, but at 75% it's a perfect deal. It's a good change of pace with the new characters and multi-team modes, but it's not going to replace the base game or anything. Here's hoping it'll be this price on Steam. It'll be fun playing with friends and rolling through multi-team DM/LTS servers.

edit: I see bus already bought it. I honestly don't care if anyone else picks it up.

I have it. I only played a few matches so far. It was pretty surreal playing a Pirates vs Knights match on that pirate island.

The game downloaded 2gb worth of patch last night too. I haven't checked on the changelog yet.

Last time I tried loading my Rome 2 save, the game completely shut down my whole computer. Puff, as if someone had pulled the power plug. I haven't seen that happen in like 10 years. I guess my original save file is completely useless now that they have patched the game with something like 20+ gigabytes of patches.
Your old save should be able to work

Nabs

I have it. I only played a few matches so far. It was pretty surreal playing a Pirates vs Knights match on that pirate island.

The game downloaded 2gb worth of patch last night too. I haven't checked on the changelog yet.

The patch notes were long. I only bothered to read the part about optimizations.

Not a fan of their patch history.

I need to put some money in my Steam Wallet in preparation to the sales.

JaseC's shenanigans are funded by the National government tho. he's pretty much an aussie icon right next to flesh eating turbo spiders

In my opinion Australia doesn't deserve being painted as a place full of a killer and freak fauna and flora, we also have our share of this things here in Brazil but tourists love to visit the country.

nexen

I found that a lot of devs don't like to put patch notes in the news section.
I can understand it. Unless you are tuning or adding features, patch notes feel a lot like exposing dirty laundry. 'Here's a list of things we screwed up on, but now we *think* are totally good to go'.

In my opinion Australia doesn't deserve being painted as a place full of a killer and freak fauna and flora, we also have our share of this things here in Brazil but tourists love to visit the country.
You guys have Brazilian Wandering Spiders. Those things are awesome little monsters.
edit: how can I get you to send me one?

drizzle

Axel Hertz

People rarely put themselves in the middle of the goddamn jungle for it though.

Unless you're talking about the poor people that straight up mug you and kill you if you don't understand what they're saying. Then nevermind.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
One of the reasons I like Lab Zero is because they always release notes in every patch they put in the game.

Doesn't matter, for the sake of redundancy and being able to pull it up from the download list, it should be in the announcement/news page.

MNC

I hope everyone gets banned that was not talking about games in this Steam thread. If you would like to discuss something else, there is the Offtopic Forum. I hope you all enjoy your stay on the NeoGAF™.

MNC

that fucking trademark symbol tho

Am I the only one that has to google trademark then copy and paste it into the post? Jesus.

So guess who's almost 23 and kind of bored !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FloatOn

that fucking trademark symbol tho

Am I the only one that has to google trademark then copy and paste it into the post? Jesus.

So guess who's almost 23 and kind of bored !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

alt+0153

and I'll go ahead and wish you a happy birthday while I'm at it. I barely remember 23 and I'm only 30 now. Too much drinking will do that. Enjoy your youth while you have it.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is fun. I played about an hr last night and had a lot of fun rolling around with the ninja. Reminder: it's on sale at the Uplay store in NA (sorry) for $3.75. Use coupon code 10thanks to make it cheaper.

I wouldn't recommend it at full price or anything near that, but at 75% it's a perfect deal. It's a good change of pace with the new characters and multi-team modes, but it's not going to replace the base game or anything. Here's hoping it'll be this price on Steam. It'll be fun playing with friends and rolling through multi-team DM/LTS servers.

edit: I see bus already bought it. I honestly don't care if anyone else picks it up.

You know it. I'm ready to Jack Baldy that bullshit.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Walking Dead Season 2 and Dementium II HD being shown as out is to raise awareness of the titles being out, as they've bee pre-ordable for a while now and can be purchased. You can't install them yet, but likely both put up as 'newly released' early as both have pre-release discounts that last-minute shoppers can buy the games at the discounted prices before they released in an hour and a half.

DukeBobby

Fuck The Walking Dead, I'll get to that shit in a few months.

Where's my Wolf Among Us episode 2? Oh, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures season 2?

Fuck The Walking Dead, I'll get to that shit in a few months.

Where's my Wolf Among Us episode 2? Oh, and Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures season 2?

Or Game of Thrones. I want to see that Cel Shading Joffrey. And i want to poison him and see how everybody are fighting with their wieners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom