• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
So yesterday I asked if anyone had any views on FATE, I'm suprised no one replied since everyone loves Torchlight round here! Either I'm really LTTP or this is gone under the radar, but I took a punt on it as soon as I found out it was made by the guys who made Torchlight and I'm loving it. Only got to level 5-6 of the dungeon, but so far it feels like Torchlight 0.5 or something. I think I prefer it to the first Torchlight and even though it's starting to look and feel a tiny tiny bit dated, I think I can probably get as much out of it as Torchlight 1+2.

S4lJbmUl.jpg

It was referenced by people that didn't make a connection with who the developers were when Torchlight 1's first footage was being disseminated. It's one of the games that I need to get around to replaying.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Most of the people that I've heard say Bioscock Infinite was not fun to play have admitted to only using murder of crows because its so "powerful"

If you mix the vigors up the game is a blast to play. Personally. I don't understand when people say its not as fun as the older games (the shooting and powers) but I accept it. But saying the game is not fun at ALL to play... well sorry I no longer find your opinion valid :p

Dude I can't resist breaking the game. It is literally impossible to resist just spamming exploits.

The game is bad though why would you like it.

Jawmuncher

Just beat both Gunpoint and AVGN Adventures.

Gunpoint was a lot of fun albeit short. Though since it was a gift can't really complain to much about that. Regardless I enjoyed my time with it and will probably play through it again soon.

AVGN adventures isn't bad. But oh man unless you're a huge fan of AVGN and Really Tough plat formers. It's best to skip this one or grab it at a cheap price. The 15 asking price is a bit much. Really if you want to enjoy the game to the fullest just watch the AVGN review of it. He basically says everything that's good about it.

I just finished F.E.A.R. 2. DAT ending. The game itself was nothing to write home about, but the ending made it soooo worth it. To be honest, I'm surprised there wasn't much of a discussion about it when the game came out, I kinda want to make a LTTP thread to discuss it...

Anyways, I hope there's a new "main" Humble Bundle in an hour. Otherwise, I guess I'll install Alpha Protocol or Binary Domain or Fallout: New Vegas so I can start playing something new after my last test tomorrow! :D

Zia

So, a) how in the fuck has that Rock n' Roll Racing "clone" made its way onto Steam and b) why am I so tempted to spend actual, real-adult money on it before it's inevitably pulled?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, a) how in the fuck has that Rock n' Roll Racing "clone" made its way onto Steam and b) why am I so tempted to spend actual, real-adult money on it before it's inevitably pulled?

I bought it. I'm actually tempted to buy another for my inventory.

nexen

Oh wow. I want Motor Rock because I love isometric racers (when they are done right) and I love car combat.
usually I'd wait for a sale ... but I don't think this is going to last long.

anyone who has taken the plunge have impressions?

zkylon

zkylewd
Most of the people that I've heard say Bioscock Infinite was not fun to play have admitted to only using murder of crows because its so "powerful"

If you mix the vigors up the game is a blast to play. Personally. I don't understand when people say its not as fun as the older games (the shooting and powers) but I accept it. But saying the game is not fun at ALL to play... well sorry I no longer find your opinion valid :p

eh maybe it's the frustration from playing the ghost thing again in 1999 mode but I can't really remember having fun with the game, specially coming hot on the heels of minerva's den's laser gun and big sister fun times. like bulletsponge enemies, mostly boring weapons, half the vigors you get them too late and I still don't know what they do, etc.

like, I really liked the story and the world and I started it again right after I finished it but the combat in that game was such a letdown.

and to be fair, I really like the skyrails thingies but you only get to ride them like 3 times in the game and it just feels like SKYRAIL SECTION HERE rather than something more organic and fun.

The ghost battles in Infinite aren't difficult when you realize you can
burn/electrocute the enemies to prevent them from coming back.

Still thought the game was a lot of fun in terms of the combat. Really fast, frenzied pace to your movements even outside of the rail environments and the vigor mixes were all quite fun although I will agree a few of them came bizarrely late in the game. And while there was a decent amount of shooting I thought the pacing was excellent as you never went too long before coming upon another hub area where you were free to explore without combat unless you specifically started trouble. Plus the flow changes as the game nears the conclusion.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I bought it. I'm actually tempted to buy another for my inventory.

Some random internet dude asked in this mixlr chat I'm on "who wants a copy of Motor Rock?" and I said "I want it" and he gave it to me.

I'm super thankful to him and I already installed and will start playing the moment this stream ends.

I wonder if it'll stay in the store long enough to have a Winter Sale base discount applied to it.

mileS

eh maybe it's the frustration from playing the ghost thing again in 1999 mode but I can't really remember having fun with the game, specially coming hot on the heels of minerva's den's laser gun and big sister fun times. like bulletsponge enemies, mostly boring weapons, half the vigors you get them too late and I still don't know what they do, etc.

like, I really liked the story and the world and I started it again right after I finished it but the combat in that game was such a letdown.

and to be fair, I really like the skyrails thingies but you only get to ride them like 3 times in the game and it just feels like SKYRAIL SECTION HERE rather than something more organic and fun.

see at least you explained why! all valid points.

1999 I haven't touched. I played on Normal and Hard. I can see how the ghost thing would be extremely frustrating on that mode. Also agree on the stupid long wait to get most of the vigors. That could have been handled soooo much better. I dunno, I just remember having a blast with the combat once you get more vigors and mix it up thats all.

Anyways. I'm tempted to get the next season of the Walking Dead. I'm just not sure If I can handle the wait in between episodes. I did the first season all at once within a 3 days.

Bought TWD Season 2 to get the 10% off but I'm not sure if I'll play it or not right now. If anyone's looking for it at the cheaper price and really wants to play it, I'll sort you out.

nexen

Some random internet dude asked in this mixlr chat I'm on "who wants a copy of Motor Rock?" and I said "I want it" and he gave it to me.

I'm super thankful to him and I already installed and will start playing the moment this stream ends.

I wonder if it'll stay in the store long enough to have a Winter Sale base discount applied to it.

Please post impressions!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Maybe we make it

Relax.MX

I was remembering good times playing Killing Floor, so back but it's really hard to find a good room, now I remember why stop play this

nexen

you realize there are alternatives to this plagiarism right?

mini motor racing evo
http://store.steampowered.com/app/209520/

bang bang racing
http://store.steampowered.com/app/207020/?snr=1_7_15__13

to name a couple.

I own all of those. :)
I do feel a little bad about supporting this, but only because it looks like the devs were taking donations under the pretense that this game was going to be free,

Definitely not feeling bad that they are plagiarizing a long dead ip.
Yes they really should have done some work re-branding it, but, whatever. It isn't like 99% of the people who should get credit for the original were going to see a dime from any (extremely unlikely) Blizzard re-release anyways.

edit: aww, no cards.

Backlogger

I don't remember which vigor it was now (the one with the stampeding horses maybe?), but I really liked using the one that lifted everyone into the air for 10 seconds. It was great crowd control. I really enjoyed the game play, but its just one man's opinion.

(looks at posts with reference flying past users' heads)

LOL

thought the same thing. what's my age again?

Bio 2 is dope. The whole Bio Trilogy + Minerva's Den + Burial at Sea is ballerrrrrrr.

much truth. I really like Columbia as a world, but wish they fleshed out the skyrails a bit more.

This should be the same material that was included with the Humble Bundle.

nexen

Man, the more I look into it the more I think Motor Rock is an early x-mas gift for JaseC.

Shit is going to get pulled so fast there is going to be a thunderclap.

Grief.exe

Bioshock Infinite represents everything that is wrong with modern shooter design. Linear hallways, boring enemies, two weapons, boring encounter design, bullet-sponge enemies.

Especially ironic since Levine initially showed a demo with Bioshock 1 with promises to do the complete opposite. If you play some good shooters or play Infinite on higher difficulty levels, it will really bring out its flaws.

jshackles

Man, the more I look into it the more I think Motor Rock is an early x-mas gift for JaseC.

Shit is going to get pulled so fast there is going to be a thunderclap.

I honestly thought it would have been pulled by now. In fact, I commented that JaseC would be pissed if the game was both released and pulled within a several hour timespan when he was asleep.

But for some reason, it's still there...

nexen

Bioshock Infinite represents everything that is wrong with modern shooter design. Linear hallways, boring enemies, two weapons, boring encounter design, bullet-sponge enemies.

Especially ironic since Levine initially showed a demo with Bioshock 1 with promises to do the complete opposite. If you play some good shooters or play Infinite on higher difficulty levels, it will really bring out its flaws.
Honestly just curious- what are some shooters you consider 'good'. Especially any modern ones.
I really loved Infinite, but not because of the shootbang which I just found acceptable.

I honestly thought it would have been pulled by now. In fact, I commented that JaseC would be pissed if the game was both released and pulled within a several hour timespan when he was asleep.

But for some reason, it's still there...

Enhanced steam tells me that he already owns it :) (as does Xelios)

jshackles

I can't get Motor Rock to work.

The executable doesn't run. It doesn't even show up in Processes. WTF?

Did you install the version of direct X hosted on their Russian website? Also check this thread for known issues (like apparently the game must be run in XP compatibility mode)

So I finally tried out Saints Row the Third from the Deep Silver humble bundle I bought a really long time ago......well, it's been almost a week since I started and my binge is over. 31 hours, and almost 60 achievements. Another check off the backlog. Now to wait for the Christmas sale to add another bunch of games I won't play for months/years.

FloatOn

Honestly just curious- what are some shooters you consider 'good'. Especially any modern ones.
I really loved Infinite, but not because of the shootbang which I just found acceptable.

I know you are asking Grief but in terms of gameplay Bulletstorm completely outclasses Bioshock Infinite.

nexen

I know you are asking Grief but in terms of gameplay Bulletstorm completely outclasses Bioshock Infinite.

Just so I'm not misunderstood - I don't think Bioshock Infinite has good gunplay, I'm more interested in trying (or retrying) games with good gunplay over xmas break.

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm.

Humble PC and Android 8 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Little Inferno
Warning: Little Inferno isn't really a game, and contains almost zero fun, imho. Art is decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom