• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Did you install the version of direct X hosted on their Russian website? Also check this thread for known issues (like apparently the game must be run in XP compatibility mode)

Just needed to copy some Physx files to the game folder and it ran.

By the way, this game is 100% lifted from Rock'n'Roll Racing, jesus!

I love it!

JakeD

i've played for about an hour and Motor Rock seems to be a pretty great remake. i haven't experienced any bugs yet. the english translation is so bad it's funny.

FloatOn

Is Metro: LL's gunplay significantly better than Metro: 2033's? I have 2033 but my rig could barely run it when I bought it. I should try it again.

I never played 2033 despite owning it. The one complaint I hear about Last Light compared to the first is that oxygen canisters are too plentiful in Last Light.

Hmm, PC and Android bundles usually come out after numbered Humble Bundles. The Jumbo bundle wasn't supposed to be Humble Bundle 10, was it? Because I was expecting a lot more recent games in that one. Anyways since I already own Little Inferno and Gemini Rue I have no interest in this bundle.

Played couple of hours of Batman AA, it's excellent. Tomorrow WD S02EP01, aw yiss, been waiting for that for a long time. Too bad my S1 season save is on PS3 :(

Grief.exe

Honestly just curious- what are some shooters you consider 'good'. Especially any modern ones.
I really loved Infinite, but not because of the shootbang which I just found acceptable.

Hard Reset, Stalker, Metro, Half-Life series, Counter-Strike, TF2, I enjoyed BC2's multiplayer as well.

I haven't got a chance to play Gunslinger or Shadow Warrior yet, but I have a feeling I will really enjoy them.

Bioshock 2 is an example of how to do shooting correctly in the series. Interesting enemies, can carry multiple weapons, different ammo types, no true bullet-sponges. It has its issues but the encounters are always kept interesting and fresh due to the wealth of options at your disposal.

Just so I'm not misunderstood - I don't think Bioshock Infinite has good gunplay, I'm more interested in trying (or retrying) games with good gunplay over xmas break.

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm.

You came to the right place, the Stalker series is a bit janky in terms of gunplay though.

nexen

Hard Reset, Stalker, Metro, Half-Life series, Counter-Strike, TF2, I enjoyed BC2's multiplayer as well.

I haven't got a chance to play Gunslinger or Shadow Warrior yet, but I have a feeling I will really enjoy them.

Bioshock 2 is an example of how to do shooting correctly in the series. Interesting enemies, can carry multiple weapons, different ammo types, no true bullet-sponges. It has its issues but the encounters are always kept interesting and fresh due to the wealth of options at your disposal.
Thanks. BC2 as in Bad Company 2? For some reason that is my favorite modern Battlefield, and I never put my finger on why.

I deeply enjoyed the little sister protection sequences in BS2. The traps made them so much fun.

I'd agree Hard Reset, Half-Life and Metro, Counter-Strike and TF2 aren't really in the same category because although they are awesome they are arena multiplayer only games. And STALKER although my game of the generation is a lot more than just a shooter. That being said, I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite and got it for less than $10.

Turfster

Gemini Rue is really great, guys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-17B0E4D01AD480F8 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Gemini Rue -- MB-04AC9C1760713E35 - Taken by C4rter

Grief.exe

Thanks. BC2 as in Bad Company 2? For some reason that is my favorite modern Battlefield, and I never put my finger on why.

Yes, Bad Company 2.

Higher TTK, non-homogeneous guns, higher recoil, more destruction, infantry focused maps, and better map design as a whole.

This is why I enjoyed BC2, these examples become less and less pronounced as the series moved on. IE recoil got less in BF3 and even less in BF4.

I'd agree Hard Reset, Half-Life and Metro, Counter-Strike and TF2 aren't really in the same category because although they are awesome they are arena multiplayer only games. And STALKER although my game of the generation is a lot more than just a shooter. That being said, I enjoyed Bioshock Infinite and got it for less than $10.

I was just listing shooters that I enjoyed, didn't know it was a specific question.

nexen

Bioshock Infinite is great because of the story, art, and atmosphere.
The characters are decent as well, especially the twins.

Honestly, though it isn't communicated as well as I would have liked, I think that the actual story of BSI is head and shoulders above any video game story I can recall.

Walking Dead

yes. E2 isn't out yet

I think he means S02EP01. Unless he is some kind of Telltale beta tester.

ah, makes sense.

...or he's a time traveler.

Bioshock Infinite is great because of the story, art, and atmosphere.
The characters are decent as well, especially the twins.

Honestly, though it isn't communicated as well as I would have liked, I think that the actual story of BSI is head and shoulders above any video game story I can recall.

After I finished the game, I spent the next 3 days reading and deciphering everything I could about the game. Not because it was a cluster fuck
...it was
, but it was just fascinating.

Nymphae

Banned
I finally gave big picture mode a try last night, and fuck, I don't know what took me so long. Shit is awesome. My PC basically acts like a console now with a huge library of digital games, I realize this is super obvious to you all, but yeah, it rocks.

I just thought I would see what would happen if I turned on my PC 360 controller without launching a game, and it launched big picture mode, which is great. I love that I have access to all the Steam functionality I use for the most part, friends list and the store mostly, and the interface looks great.

I finally dug into Rogue Legacy a little deeper, played like 2 hours last night. Has that "just one more run" thing that keeps you in it longer than you expected. The music is great and the art is charming, I'm just finding it really difficult to make progress at the outset, but it's a blast to play.

yatesl

Just so I'm not misunderstood - I don't think Bioshock Infinite has good gunplay, I'm more interested in trying (or retrying) games with good gunplay over xmas break.

I really enjoyed Bulletstorm.

Warning: Little Inferno isn't really a game, and contains almost zero fun, imho. Art is decent.

Little Inferno's soundtrack is worth $1.

nexen

After I finished the game, I spent the next 3 days reading and deciphering everything I could about the game. Not because it was a cluster fuck
...it was
, but it was just fascinating.
I really didn't know what happened at the end of BSI. It was beautiful, but I wasn't convinced it made any sense.

Now, I typically don't read the fan base interpretations of video games because every time I've dipped my toe into that stuff the content resembled nothing more than the bastard offspring of fan fiction and conspiracy theories.
In this case I'm glad I did though because otherwise I wouldn't have put it all together. The story not only made sense, but was ingenious and poignant at the same time.
The fact that I *had* to have someone spell it out for me means the story wasn't well told, or that I am a moron.

I choose to believe the former.

Turfster

I've been eyeing that game for a while, but I've never bitten because of the price. Guess I'm in, now...

My problem with EU is that unlike in CK 1 & 2, you're not playing people, but whole countries. In CK, you can basically start as a duke in France and end up as Emperor of Russia, with no more ties to France. In EU you're just... the country.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My humble offering:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-FADB3428D86834C5 - Taken by EmergentFocus
Gemini Rue -- MB-C950958E36F4F68C - Taken by Ingueferroque
Little Inferno -- MB-4AD893C539FFC92D - Taken by Vandrar

Aitor

have fun

ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Cogs -- MB-4523FCBFC030D2CC - Taken by topyy
Crayon Physics Deluxe (2 copy) -- MB-6FE27AF9B6C4F524 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Crayon Physics Deluxe -- MB-A4353768314C3A7F - Taken by nightstorm
Nightsky (2 copy) -- MB-7779BA7D2D55A1C4 - Taken by Jaykay
Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery (2copy) -- MB-D971C10060207547 - Taken by Jrdan
Brazen Prototype -- MB-6E3F4914B04510AD - Taken by xBlain
Waking Mars -- MB-3EC41273A1270F07 - Taken by Kirosia
Nightsky -- MB-8D75E7FFBF4CA883 - Taken by MakeshiftChef
Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery -- MB-9ACF673009E8C3AD - Taken by bloke

Aitor

Ups didn't notice that there is a new HiB.
so another giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for Aitor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gemini Rue -- MB-F1433D890D5B801C - Taken by wetflame
Little Inferno -- MB-66619C295C5A493F - Taken by woo and indeed hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom