• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM 2013 Announcements & Updates VIII - Don't ask when the sales are starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Quick giveaway of a short but great game.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-7B70E9D7E06E889E - Taken by angular graphics

nexen

Random review: Grid 2 is great but I wish they wouldn't have put drifting into the game. I grit my teeth every single time I have to play one of these events, but I do it anyways because I want to 100% the thing.
At least with the Gymkhana events in Dirt I could break stuff.

Also: in what universe is a Pagani Huayra a drift car? I mean...really?

So some of these are humble gift links (really annoying) so I am unsure if they work with modbot. IF you win Little Inferno, AaaAAaa or Gemini rue and don't get a proper link pmed to you, pm me and I will send you the gift link. Also AaaAA and Little Inferno may be mixed up because modbot didn't like the links as keys. I GIVE UP!
ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Little Inferno -- MB-EDF6AB059238783D - Taken by Rand6
aAAAaaaAAA -- MB-7A4D877294F893C5 - Taken by Firehead
Prime Defenders -- MB-49527FEBB43DF18F - Taken by tjohn86
Gemini Rue -- MB-B9AFACCF219110DD - Taken by Saty

ZeroCoin

Not sure if anyone posted it yet....but Rogue Legacy's big 1.2.0 patch is out. Full patch notes listed at http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

Remixed bosses, new traits, new room types, and a new class are the big highlights. Obviously they wanted to get it out in time to boost the Rogue Legacy votes in SteamGAFs GOTY voting.

Random review: Grid 2 is great but I wish they wouldn't have put drifting into the game.

Couldn't agree more. Apart from that I'm greatly enjoying the game
, and especially beating (most of) your times ;)

And I also agree with you about Little Inferno: a complete waste of my time - intended message or not.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Not sure if anyone posted it yet....but Rogue Legacy's big 1.2.0 patch is out. Full patch notes listed at http://cellardoorgames.com/blog/?p=905

Remixed bosses, new traits, new room types, and a new class are the big highlights. Obviously they wanted to get it out in time to boost the Rogue Legacy votes in SteamGAFs GOTY voting.

- Fixed bug where you could cast spells in carnival rooms and destroy targets before the game starts.

Booyan.png

KarmaCow

The Humble Jumbo Bundle ended so here are the left overs. Use the key with this url:
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Magicka Plus 2 DLC -- MB-AA777DEA54881A33 - Taken by Vazduh. 1 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! GOTY -- MB-BFC172A3E91E92F8 - Taken by Natty1. 1 entrants total.
Sanctum: Collection -- MB-E171C70EE996D91A - Taken by gabrielt16. 3 entrants total.
Serious Sam 3: BFE -- MB-EE9F42D68E9A242B - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 5 entrants total.
Garry's Mod -- MB-A1DB7CB32181894B - Taken by arts&crafts. 6 entrants total.
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-F510B68A2C5147D9 - Taken by dave is ok. 12 entrants total.

t1387310890z1.png

nexen

Couldn't agree more. Apart from that I'm greatly enjoying the game
, and especially beating (most of) your times ;)

And I also agree with you about Little Inferno: a complete waste of my time - intended message or not.
You don't show up on my time leaderboards for some reason. I mean your name does, but it doesn't have any data.

Truth be told I'm far more concerned about your Pinball FX2 scores being higher than mine. Unacceptable.

edit: I just realized that I play both of these games like they are pinball games.

I finally gave big picture mode a try last night, and fuck, I don't know what took me so long. Shit is awesome. My PC basically acts like a console now with a huge library of digital games, I realize this is super obvious to you all, but yeah, it rocks.

I absolutely hate BPM and want the option to turn it off. It's glitchy as hell on my PC and having it start up when I'm turning my DS4 off is aggravating. I usually have to go find my keyboard and alt+tab out of it before being able to exit.

I'm one of *those* people who want to be able to block it or disable it.

Nice! (already my #1 on the vote)

Indeed. It was #2 in my list.

awesome

- Odds of farting when having IBS lowered.

I love that this is a thing

The_Monk

Can't wait for some Walking Dead S2 spoiler-free impressions. I just hope it can deliver like the first Season. I also wonder if there's going to be any save games issues... hope not!

PriitV

So I just finished TWD Season 2 EP1 and I have some things to say

It hit me right into my feels
when the dog attacked me and I had the choice to either kill it or leave it in its misery.. I killed it, really reminded me when I had to put down my dog of 10 years, so fucking awful. I might have cried during this bit.
and then it got better, it really felt like a real interactive story telling and oh my god the
ending.. having to choose between this old dude and his step-son.. my adrenaline was already pumped up high so it only made it so much better. I chose to run over to the step-sons side and jesus christ, the words he said were the most hard-hitting words ever. Now I feel bad.

tl;dr - PLAY IT

Telltale are really the best in the business. Can't wait for next episode of either this or the wolf game, going to pre-order the Game of Thrones and Tales from the Borderlands as well.

Have fun!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Little Inferno -- MB-78F0290F2B476B16 - Taken by Ingueferroque. 3 entrants total.

t1387311205z1.png

You don't show up on my time leaderboards for some reason. I mean your name does, but it doesn't have any data.

Truth be told I'm far more concerned about your Pinball FX2 scores being higher than mine. Unacceptable.

edit: I just realized that I play both of these games like they are pinball games.

You certainly show up for me, so I wonder if it is because you are slightly further ahead in the game?

Don't worry, I'm sure you would trounce me if I ever switched to Pinball Arcade. How does it compare to Pinball FX2? I could probably just try it myself and see, but... I'm kinda afraid I might find I like it and be tempted to drop £20 on a whole season of tables...

Note to self: do not ever accept a lift from nexen.

Hesemonni

Banned
This is getting a bit irritating. Never received my Codermasters keys from Indiegala and those guys haven't even bothered to answer me though I've contacted those guys a multiple times. And no, not in my spam or junk folder either :/

nexen

You certainly show up for me, so I wonder if it is because you are slightly further ahead in the game?

Don't worry, I'm sure you would trounce me if I ever switched to Pinball Arcade. How does it compared to Pinball FX2? I could probably just try it myself and see, but... I'm kinda afraid I might find I like it and be tempted to drop £20 on a whole season of tables...

Note to self: do not ever accept a lift from nexen.

Meh, I drive real cars way better because I have to pay to repair them :)

PA is a much better game, imho, just because the table design is better. PFX2 runs faster and the non-pinball stuff is more solid, but PA just has the most well designed pinball tables ever made. One note: I don't think that the leaderboards on the Steam version work right now. At least I don't know how to see my friends on them.

edit: extra caveat: there is still wicked input lag on the steam version of Pinball Arcade. With a decent rig and/or options down and vsync off it is way better, but it angers me that it is noticeable at all. They should know better.

Giard

Do you guys think that Steam will match EU4's humble store price during the Winter sale? I'd rather use my Steam credit.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome -- MB-BCDDD83E57741C35 - Taken by woo and indeed hoo. 10 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-62798F639BF2B2ED - Taken by crazyrabbits. 6 entrants total.
Little Inferno -- MB-8D9B360200C1CB75 - Taken by Anustart. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Little Inferno was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1387322274z1.png

Updated.
If you registered for a key in the other raffle, please ignore it and do it again here. Sorry for the issues.

Hesemonni

Banned
..Well atleast it's something!
ModBot said:
[

Rules for this Giveaway:

Little Inferno -- MB-F7BB571F69668F60 - Taken by GaussTek

This is getting a bit irritating. Never received my Codermasters keys from Indiegala and those guys haven't even bothered to answer me though I've contacted those guys a multiple times. And no, not in my spam or junk folder either :/
You're not using iCloud, right? If so mail them about it from a different mail.

Dr Dogg

Uplay needs to burn and die in a fire. What a horrid piece of software that's not even fit for purpose. Despite getting Blacklist for nowt I think ill pony up for it on Steam just to get it to run without being caught up in an auto patching loop.

Uplay needs to burn and die in a fire. What a horrid piece of software that's not even fit for purpose. Despite getting Blacklist for nowt I think ill pony up for it on Steam just to get it to run without being caught up in an auto patching loop.

Even if you buy it on Steam, it will run through Uplay.

Turfster

UBI and EA games are pretty much console only for me now.
Pull network cord before I start playing and go with a minimum of hassle.

Arthea

I have and want to play 3 games that require Uplay, I'm so scared of it, I haven't even tried, even for HoMM 6 :(
Too many horror stories are loose on internets. And really... why, oh why Ubi thought it's good idea, I'll never understand.
Odin bless gog daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom